Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm very sorry you're in this extremely difficult situation. I'm 39 with PCOS and a child with a birth defect so when I started to sway, I put many months into researching the best diet for me personally - for a pink sway but definitely focusing on egg quality too. I can say confidently - and have ran it by Atomic too - that green juices are phenomenal for egg quality and NOT too nutritious for a pink sway provided it's only greens and maybe some fresh fruit. No dried fruit, no nut butters, no "superfoods" (algae, chia, protein powders, ...) or anything but fresh greens and (a little) fresh fruit.
    As a matter of fact, I've been making my own green smoothies daily for 2 years and they've helped tremendously with sticking to the LE PCOS diet. I have a fast metabolism and usually need 2.500 cals a day just so I don't lose weight, and I'm hungry all the time. So, for me, the green smoothies were a great thing. I'd say keep it up.
    DW + DH +
    ... and due with another in Dec 2019 after a failed pink sway

2. Thanks LA_Girl, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you WelcomeBaby. I REALLY appreciate your comment. The baby I lost at 20 weeks was a result of birth defects, so it’s really important to me too.

In my green juice I put spinach, kale, cucumber, coriander, celery, lemon and either dulse or kelp. I could drop the celery (and dulse/kelp) as I think that’s supposed to sway blue. What do you put in yours?

I could drop the protein powder and chia out of my smoothies...

I see you’re expecting. Good luck with your pregnancy for a healthy baby and hopefully a successful sway.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry.

We can't take that you got more females than males as any kind of sign or encouragement. I wish that's how it worked, but it isn't, and people have gone from one gender heavy to the other gender heavy in other IVF rounds so I cannot draw any conclusions about what the gender of any future conception would be.

1)Letrozole only, no Clomid for a 41 year old.

2)My gut is for you to wait, but as you know time is not our friend here. Compromise would be to wait 3 days after stopping the meds and taking them then. I will admit in your shoes that's exactly what I'd do.

3)Smoothies are fine, I do have some issues with a few of the ingredients which I'll address in another post. I honestly am not quite following this question but both 2 and 3 meals are totally fine, just push the first meal back as long as you can (but not TOO long, eat at noon, no need to wait longer)

4)will address in other post

5)I really, really, REALLY think that trying for a cutoff is a very poor idea. That is not the reason you got more girls and you're not catching the trouble here - the sperm surviving in the testicles is NOT the same thing as surviving in the harshness of your reproductive tract. I think you'll have very poor chances with a 3 day cutoff, and ZERO with a four day cutoff.

6)I'd have you wean off the prenatal (do not just drop cold turkey, wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then you can drop them) but keep folate and coq. I'd actually suggest taking 2 folates, one in the am and one in the PM, till the end of the first tri at which point you can wean backt o amount in prenatal. If you can't stand to give up the prenatal then just reduce to 3x a week.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Girl View Post
    Thank you WelcomeBaby. I REALLY appreciate your comment. The baby I lost at 20 weeks was a result of birth defects, so it’s really important to me too.

In my green juice I put spinach, kale, cucumber, coriander, celery, lemon and either dulse or kelp. I could drop the celery (and dulse/kelp) as I think that’s supposed to sway blue. What do you put in yours?

I could drop the protein powder and chia out of my smoothies...

I see you’re expecting. Good luck with your pregnancy for a healthy baby and hopefully a successful sway.
    I would like to see you drop chia seeds and the seaweed out of the smoothies.

What kind of protein powder

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm totally cool with smoothies - we just make sure we are avoiding anything that may be harmful (oh and PLEASE do not replace the chia seeds with flax!! Flaxseeds may be harmful! Dietary amounts only 2-3 times a week when pregnant and TTC)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rosaliaslove View Post
    Hi, I just had the same history.. 3 cycles IVF because of low AMH - we had 11 Blastos to test NGS: 4 XX abnorm 5 XY abnorm, 2 healthy boys.. but I wanted a girl.

We have 2 boys (5 and 10 years old) and one boy in heaven (2018, 14 weeks)..

I m 41 years old with bad egg quality - but DH sperm quality is excellent ..

I m doing the LE Diet, but I think I need some more supplements to tune my eggs ????

DH is doing everything to have a little princess.. so we are really motivated.

If you have any advices for my, I would be very, very happy .. I really wish everyone who needs good luck and say thank you xxx

(I m not English - sorry for wrong writing ;-)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    I think I have a message from you rosalia - I will check!

8. Thanks rosaliaslove thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic.

Take Letrozole three days after stopping meds, rather than day three from when my cycle starts?

Just to clarify on point 5, I aim to do one attempt at ovulation, with a release 3/4 days before, no cut off.

The protein powder is a vegan one with pea, sunflower and pumpkin protein that’s high in iron, magnesium, zinc, potassium and fibre. I think I feel more comfortable not having it.

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I think I have a message from you rosalia - I will check!
    Thank you atomic

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I see Atomic has already replied and confirmed that green smoothies / juices are ok - great! Here's my favorite standard recipe that I never get tired of:

• 1/2 cucumber and/or a small zucchini and/or 2 handfuls of kale and/or lots of lettuce and/or the green parts of carrots, cabbage turnip etc. (spinach is fine too, of course) - really just a mix of greens I happen to have on hand
    • 1 small, ripe, sweet mango (or 2/3 of a larger mango) or 1 ripe, soft peach or 1 ripe, soft pear
    • small piece of lime peel or 1 kiwi with peel (!)
    • handful of parsley
    • 6-8oz / ca. 200ml very cold water

Obviously, now that I'm pregnant I have to avoid the parsley, and I recommend checking for every herb if it's safe during pregnancy. Some of them seem to have strong effects on the uterus. Regarding the celery, I'm not sure how it sways - it probably won't make or break your sway but if you feel more comfortable leaving it out, then do.
    The parsley and the lime peel (or the kiwi) make the smoothies taste almost like not-too-sweet lemonade - citrusy and very refreshing. You just have to make sure you use very ripe and very sweet fruits - apples, for instance, usually aren't sweet enough. But since you didn't mention any fruit at all in your green juice recipe, I take it that you don't really need the super sweet taste anyway
    I buy everything organic so I don't have to peel the fruits, cucumber etc. (well, the mango obviously ). It's damn expensive but given my personal history I think it's worth it. Also, of course all that stuff comes chock full of micronutrients (vitamins, minerals) but Atomic said long ago that it's really only the macronutrients (fat, protein, carbs) that matter, and that makes total sense to me.
    The amounts I listed above make for a smoothie of about 25 fl oz / 750ml which is very filling. If you want to replace a meal with it, I recommend adding 1/2 avocado. (Tbh, even that never really turned it into a meal replacement for me, as I said I'm always hungry and need REAL FOOD - boy mom *sigh )

One more thing. The green juices / smoothies help a lot with folate intake which is very good for egg health. You will probably still take a supplement (and you should) but I strongly recommend taking methylated folate instead of folic acid. It may be harder to come by but after lots of research, I'm absolutely convinced that women our age should ONLY ever take folate.

Thank you for your good wishes! You're so right, let's hope for healthy babies above all, and if they happen to be girls, awesome All the best to you!
    DW + DH +
    ... and due with another in Dec 2019 after a failed pink sway

12. Thanks LA_Girl thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, but be aware it's a gamble if you're further along in the cycle than it seems.

Oh ok gotcha. Not at ovulation, though. Day before O/day of positive OPK is by far better chance of conception.

I would have you leave it out because peas in excess may inhibit conception to some extent.

14. Thanks LA_Girl thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast