Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Advice for a newbie trying to sway pink!

I’ve been planning on starting ttc this cycle and have previously found other resources online about trying to sway pink.

I thought I had a plan sorted in that I’m now taking calcium, magnesium and cranberry supplements on top of folic acid.
    I was also planning on using Rephresh and BDing 2 days before O.

However I e just stumbled upon this forum and am now panicking reading so much on here about “LE” diet I’m concerned I’ve not done the best thing to help my sway and now wondering if I should delay ttc!!

That being said, I’m a little concerned at attempting the LE diet as I’m only 5ft and am on the slim side.
    I am however attempting to skip breakfast for the second day. (How do you ladies do this?! My stomach is growling for food!!)

Another thing I thought worth mentioning is that DH has been on Sertroline for anxiety for about 8 months now. Will this have any impact on sway?

Any advice appreciated, I’m in such a tizz!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome Kerrie! I know it's nervewracking when you think you have a plan and then you come here and we have evidence that those things don't work and may harm you/baby. Just ask, ask, ask anything you're confused about, we always have a reason whenever our advice is different.

For women who are petite, we just have you up cals however much you need to keep your weight stable. You DO NOT need to lose any weight for LE Diet to work, that's a misconception. Just have average of 1500-1800 cals (you can up this as needed) 40-50 g protein and 30-60 g fat, gettign most of your fat and protein from vegetable sources rather than animal. Avoid snacks and try to skip breakfast if you can (2-3 meals a day) . Please feel free to ease into the diet, eat more to start with till you've adjusted and cut back over time. You don't have to dive into the diet all at once. For breakfast, just try to push it back even an hour or two. LE Diet is meant to be an easy diet to stick to and if you're miserable then we just tweak things till you aren't miserable - the most important thing is eating differently than you were recently and to a lesser extent, than how you were eating when you got boys.

DH on sertroline only sways pink!! Don't give him any additional sway supps with the sertroline, though. That isn't safe (even if the other sites tell you it is, they're not correct and none of the sway supps taken by DH have even worked, so you're jeopardizing hubby's health for things that aren't even helping a sway!)

Let me know how I can help!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s great thanks for getting back to me
    I’m definitely going to delay ttc for another month at least now!

Please could I just check, a few things with you that I’m still confused about?

1. I’ve seen lots of conflicting things about caffeine. Should I be bothered about my level of caffeine intake?

2. I was previously taking calcium, magnesium and cranberry. Should I stop and go ahead with diet alone continuing with folic acid only?

3. I’ve seen on here people snacking before bed to up their calories things like biscuits, ice cream and sweets. Is this right as you mentioned avoiding all snacks?

4. Am I right thinking there’s no ‘no-no’ foods just aiming for a balanced diet within the limits focusing on veg not meat?

5. That’s interesting about Sertroline! Can I ask, is that due to it lowering sperm count or is there another reason for this?

6. Finally, is there any point on me trying Rephresh?

Thank you so, so much!!

4. Likes Northernsparkle liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1)We believe coffee sways pink and have gotten great results with it. Full essay with scientific explanation here https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gen...s-swaying.html We don't know that it's caffeine so much as something in coffee itself, so we use caffeinated coffee for the most part to cover both bases.

2)Calcium and magnesium I leave at your discretion. Many of us got boys with them (myself included) but I still allow them for people who believe in the minerals as long as you don't take the Vit. D. Cranberry has not worked and is dangerous and I never recommend that.

3)it's not "snacking" per se that sways. You can have 2 or 3 meals a day and some of us have that before bed (I did, because I couldn't sleep on an empty tummy) and then some use their last meal to make up calories if they didn't get enough.

Not snacking means not eating every 15-30 minutes. That's all. It doesn't mean not eating snack foods, or not eating a meal you call a snack, it's about eating all the time and keeping your blood sugar up.

Nowhere is it written that anyone needs to eat a bunch of sweets before bed. That's not a part of the LE Diet. People do that because they're short of calories but I prefer you guys eat a healthy and balanced diet rather than loading up on sweets anyway.

4)Yep no "forbidden" foods, within the limits is what matters. Some with PCOS/insulin resistance need to avoid sugar and have whole grains rather than white (and full fat dairy instead of skim) but most people can have anything. Just so you know, you don't count the protein and fat in fruit or high carb veg (like potatoes) count only cals in those, and then in low carb veg, you don't count anything at all, they're free and unlimited.

5)We don't totally know, we assume it's the negative effect on sperm health.

6)It hasn't worked and has really cut chances of conception BUT some people just can't let go of pH without trying it. Your call.

6. Thanks Kerrie72 thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much again!

One last question from me (sorry!).

Do you think there’s anything to the Shettles method?

I’ve got quite a regular 28/29 day cycle and usually have an LH peak around CD13.

Does your evidence do anything to support BD’ing before O to sway pink?

I know I conceived my boy the day of O, however I was also taking pre-natal vitamins for months leading up to it so perhaps that played a part

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I don't think Shettles works (most of us on here, myself included, got opposites with Shettles.) I have the full scientific case against Shettles here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html

It's fine if you'd like to start off with Shettles, though. Don't do more than a 3 day cutoff, though, as that really cuts odds of conception.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you again!

I don’t think I’ll try settles but aim for the one attempt in my fertile window.

I do have another question though (sorry!). Abstaining. I’ve read on here that it can sway pink. Is that something you think worth considering if DH is taking Sertroline?
    Only asking as I thought both may lower sperm count and perhaps it may be too much?

Thanks yet again!

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How old is your husband??

It hasn't worked but many people do want to try it. I would probably have you do either FR or regular release with one attempt instead but if you're not gonna be happy unless you try it, I'd give it a month (as long as he's younger than 35)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He’s early 30s.

Oh so abstaining doesn’t seem to show much by way of sway? From what I’d seen posted it sounded as though that may have been the case.

Do you have a link to an article or anything which talks about what it means by regular release (ie. how regular is regular etc) and I’ve no idea what the other is. Please can you explain?

Ps. I’m finally feeling as though I’m getting to grips with the LE diet including skipping breakfast and have even started enjoying coffee (I was strictly a tea drinker until now!!).
    I’m also loving the excuse to have a drink with dinner!!
    Other than cardio, is there any other things I could/should be doing?

I’m keeping everything crossed for ttc next cycle!!

I so, so appreciate all your help!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No. We had a statistician analyze our results and abstain did nothing.

FR is frequent or daily release where a man releases on his own or with you with a condom, every day for 7-10 days before having one attempt.

Regular release is where a man releases on his own or with you with a condom, every 2-4 days as far in advance as possible before having one attempt. This is technically a blue-friendly release pattern but since none of the release patterns has mattered, and the one attempt does matter, it's a way to sway pink without cutting odds of conception like the abstain and FR does.

Happy to help! Keep up the good work!

14. Thanks PadrePioidevotemyfirstson thanked for this post