Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummyof4boys View Post
    Just updating this thread with my results. We found out last week our second girl sway has worked! Baby girl #2 on the way. Yay!!
    Congrats! Have you posted your sway? What was your diet? Or what do you think it was that worked for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Mummyof4boys liked this post
    Dislikes Prayingforpink20 disliked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdtimelucky01 View Post
    Congrats! Have you posted your sway? What was your diet? Or what do you think it was that worked for you?

No, I haven’t posted my second sway yet.
    My diet stayed much the same as my first sway in 2016. I never went back to my old eating habits when I conceived my boys. I skipped breakfast, rarely snacked, and avoided cereal and fortified juices, stayed a daily coffee drinker and alcohol occasionally. I was much more relaxed with diet this time because we were planning on TTC 9-12 months down the track, so I was planning on being more strict like the last sway for the 3 months before our attempt, but ended up deciding it was better to get pregnant sooner rather than later due to our ages (me 38, hubby 49). We had one attempt with a 4 day cut off as I ovulated later than expected. I made hubby release on his own several times in the lead up to our one attempt as I wanted fresh, healthy sperm considering his age.

I think the big change in eating habits and having only one attempt was the main factor in getting girls. 3/4 of my boys were from multiple attempts. My first boy I can’t remember if it was more than one attempt, but it was on ovulation day with a lot of EWCM.

successful sway 2017
    successful sway 2019
    baby girl #3 due mid 2023

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummyof4boys View Post
    No, I haven’t posted my second sway yet.
    My diet stayed much the same as my first sway in 2016. I never went back to my old eating habits when I conceived my boys. I skipped breakfast, rarely snacked, and avoided cereal and fortified juices, stayed a daily coffee drinker and alcohol occasionally. I was much more relaxed with diet this time because we were planning on TTC 9-12 months down the track, so I was planning on being more strict like the last sway for the 3 months before our attempt, but ended up deciding it was better to get pregnant sooner rather than later due to our ages (me 38, hubby 49). We had one attempt with a 4 day cut off as I ovulated later than expected. I made hubby release on his own several times in the lead up to our one attempt as I wanted fresh, healthy sperm considering his age.

I think the big change in eating habits and having only one attempt was the main factor in getting girls. 3/4 of my boys were from multiple attempts. My first boy I can’t remember if it was more than one attempt, but it was on ovulation day with a lot of EWCM.
    That’s great! What do you mean by 4 day cutoff? Is it first day of positive OPK? Which ovulation test did you use? Both my boys were conceived on one attempt at a positive solid smiley (ovulation sticks that show 2 more fertile days) but I never did the diet with them.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdtimelucky01 View Post
    That’s great! What do you mean by 4 day cutoff? Is it first day of positive OPK? Which ovulation test did you use? Both my boys were conceived on one attempt at a positive solid smiley (ovulation sticks that show 2 more fertile days) but I never did the diet with them.

Please do not aim at a 4 day cutoff. While occasionally people do manage to conceive with that timing, it's very difficult and many people have gone years not getting pregnant trying 4+ day cutoffs.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Likes Thirdtimelucky01 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Please do not aim at a 4 day cutoff. While occasionally people do manage to conceive with that timing, it's very difficult and many people have gone years not getting pregnant trying 4+ day cutoffs.
    Ok sure, what should I aim at then? First smiley face (ovulation kit that shows 4 fertile days)? Or first smiley face on the kit that shows 2 fertile days? I’m a bit confused.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's up to you - do you want timing or not?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's up to you - do you want timing or not?
    I conceived both my boys with one attempt at positive OPK, one on high fertility day (OPK that shows 4 days) and one on peak fertility day (OPK that shows 2 best days to conceive) with no diet though. So I’d prefer to try and incorporate timing this time around as well as diet and exercise. If I use OPK that shows two most fertile days and I have a smiley face, would that be O-1 or O-2?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, BD on high fertility day IS a cutoff. That is a Shettles cutoff. So you did already get a boy with timing. It is fine for you to try timing again, but I just wand you to understand that having an attempt on any high fertility day is NOT one attempt at positive OPK and in fact is a Shettles cutoff.

Your first positive OPK (that is with a SOLID smiley, not flashy) is either 1-2 days before O. There's a range and I cannot pin it down for you any more than that. You will ovulate somewhere between 8-72 hours after that first solid smiley and the average is 24-36 hours, but 36-48 is quite common too.

So to go back to your question, my recommendation to those who want timing is to get the OPK with 4 fertile days, and BD the day of the SECOND flashy smiley. This will be a 2-3 day cutoff for most people. But, this is the timing you got your other boy with!! If you absolutely must, you can try at the first flashy smiley, but your odds of conception will be somewhere around 1 in 1000 chance of conception and if you do conceive from it, the chances are you actually ovulated sooner and didn't have that timing anyway! The OPK are quite misleading so you can't always depend on them telling you when you really ovulated.

12. Likes Thirdtimelucky01 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, BD on high fertility day IS a cutoff. That is a Shettles cutoff. So you did already get a boy with timing. It is fine for you to try timing again, but I just wand you to understand that having an attempt on any high fertility day is NOT one attempt at positive OPK and in fact is a Shettles cutoff.

Your first positive OPK (that is with a SOLID smiley, not flashy) is either 1-2 days before O. There's a range and I cannot pin it down for you any more than that. You will ovulate somewhere between 8-72 hours after that first solid smiley and the average is 24-36 hours, but 36-48 is quite common too.

So to go back to your question, my recommendation to those who want timing is to get the OPK with 4 fertile days, and BD the day of the SECOND flashy smiley. This will be a 2-3 day cutoff for most people. But, this is the timing you got your other boy with!! If you absolutely must, you can try at the first flashy smiley, but your odds of conception will be somewhere around 1 in 1000 chance of conception and if you do conceive from it, the chances are you actually ovulated sooner and didn't have that timing anyway! The OPK are quite misleading so you can't always depend on them telling you when you really ovulated.
    Thank you Atomic, just one more question about your first paragraph- if Having an attempt on any high fertility day is NOT one attempt at positive OPK then what do you mean by “having one attempt at positive OPK” when you say it’s one of the things that work for pink swayers (in addition to diet, exercise, fiber, alcohol and coffee)? Do you actually mean a first day you get a smiley in the OPK that only shows 2 fertile days, is that right? Sorry I’m a bit confused.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One attempt at positive OPK is on the peak fertility reading - the first SOLID smiley. Only that day.

If the OPK is flashy, it's not positive yet. Only solid reading is positive. And with digi OPK, the first solid smiley is the first positive OPK.

most people get 2 days of flashy (not positive yet!) and then 2 days of solid (positive/peak fertility) on digi tests. Only the first solid is what equates to the first positive of a standard OPK test.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast