Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: First attempt

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ok gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

Tell me about what you're eating for protein, fat, and calories (roughly, you dont' have to go into too much detail) Just trying to figure out why you're having such a hard time sticking in limits and seeing if there's something we can easily change.

You don't need to wait. You can try as soon as you're ready. That time off diet is not important for most people and the loss will counteract that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Messages are not a good way to get ahold of me. I get a lot of them and most of them are simply things people already posted in the forum. I have to weed through them and so I end up putting them off longer. I prefer questions in the forums but I will check them when I have a chance.
    okay i undersrand.. so ill share all of it on a forum. thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Girls Mom 2 View Post
    okay i undersrand.. so ill share all of it on a forum. thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    No it's ok, I'll answer this time via PM, just so you know in the future. I"m replying now!

4. Likes Girls Mom 2 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ok gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

Tell me about what you're eating for protein, fat, and calories (roughly, you dont' have to go into too much detail) Just trying to figure out why you're having such a hard time sticking in limits and seeing if there's something we can easily change.

You don't need to wait. You can try as soon as you're ready. That time off diet is not important for most people and the loss will counteract that.
    My protein comes from eggs, chicken or turkey and occasionally tofu and cottage cheese
    Fat I get from things like ranch, Italian dressing and mayo
    I eat mostly veggies with some grains, usually just whole grain bread or whole wheat bread for a sandwich

Being that I’m on the PCOS diet I really try to limit carbs from breads/rice but I do eat some to up calories.

I think it’s mainly not knowing how many carbs I could have daily. I don’t know if it’s better to have more protein or more carbs on this version of the diet.
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're going over, the best way to go is to cut back on chicken and turkey and eat more eggs, dairy, legumes and nuts.

There is no set amount of carbs on this form of the diet. That's because there is too wide a range of dietary needs that are covered with variations of this type of diet. For instance, a person who weighed 100 lbs and was on the diet due to mild PCO would have totally different carb needs than someone who was on it due to severe PCOS and had weight to spare.

Can you please refresh my memory about why you were on the alternate diet? If it was just a preventative measure then I'd have you up calories from fruit, veg, and whole grains since proteins have very few calories for a lot of protein!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're going over, the best way to go is to cut back on chicken and turkey and eat more eggs, dairy, legumes and nuts.

There is no set amount of carbs on this form of the diet. That's because there is too wide a range of dietary needs that are covered with variations of this type of diet. For instance, a person who weighed 100 lbs and was on the diet due to mild PCO would have totally different carb needs than someone who was on it due to severe PCOS and had weight to spare.

Can you please refresh my memory about why you were on the alternate diet? If it was just a preventative measure then I'd have you up calories from fruit, veg, and whole grains since proteins have very few calories for a lot of protein!

Ok, that makes sense! I’m never sure which way to go because I’m on the diet because I do have quite a bit of weight to spare (which is why I’m on the alt diet) I’m ok with cutting meat out and just having tofu, which isn’t too carb heavy (I don’t think) or having a bit of meat and mostly sticking to whole grains dairy and veg. I think I’m mostly having a hard time finding a happy medium on if I should have more meat (not like boy sway) or having more grains and veggies.When I had my ultrasound they told me I didn’t have any cysts on my ovaries, would that verify that I don’t have PCOS?
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It doens't matter if you have PCOS, your weight indicates you need to be on this type of diet. It has to do with the way your blood sugar works and not if you have actual full blown PCO or not.

Let your weight loss be your guide. If weight is flying off, up carbs, if it's not, up protein and fat in 5g increments (effectively cutting carbs) till it picks up to the pace you want it at. There is no set right or wrong, it's about what works for YOU.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It doens't matter if you have PCOS, your weight indicates you need to be on this type of diet. It has to do with the way your blood sugar works and not if you have actual full blown PCO or not.

Let your weight loss be your guide. If weight is flying off, up carbs, if it's not, up protein and fat in 5g increments (effectively cutting carbs) till it picks up to the pace you want it at. There is no set right or wrong, it's about what works for YOU.
    Ok, that makes sense, I’ll just let my weight loss guide me with diet. I started back on diet yesterday as well as excersizing and am taking it slow and not freaking out if it’s not perfect.
    Do you know about how long after bleeding stops you ovulate again? Hubby and I couldn’t wait the full two weeks to dtd, and we had a little bit of an accident. (I’m sorry for the tmi, I’m embarrassed that it happened, I feel like a teenager again pull out fail) I know they say to wait a full cycle before trying (not that we were trying as it is) my loss was super early, do I need to worry about anything infection wise?
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When you ovulate has nothing to do with when your bleeding stops. They are completely unrelated to each other. Your lining regrows 2/5 to 3/5 while you're still actively bleeding and then can grow the rest of the way very very quickly (even within a day or two) under the influence of the hormones that trigger ovulation. People can and DO get pregnant while still bleeding from a period.

Most people can try the cycle after a loss if the loss was early. There isn't the risk of infection because the pregnancy wasn't fully implanted.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When you ovulate has nothing to do with when your bleeding stops. They are completely unrelated to each other. Your lining regrows 2/5 to 3/5 while you're still actively bleeding and then can grow the rest of the way very very quickly (even within a day or two) under the influence of the hormones that trigger ovulation. People can and DO get pregnant while still bleeding from a period.

Most people can try the cycle after a loss if the loss was early. There isn't the risk of infection because the pregnancy wasn't fully implanted.
    Wow! I didn’t realize how fast of a process it is, for an early loss at least. I figured if I waited a few more days I wouldn’t have even realized I was pregnant and would have tried again the next time I ovulated.
    I’m not concerned on getting pregnant, being that is the goal after all, I was more worried about infection or any issues there could be. Good to know there’s no risk for a early loss.
    Thank you for the info!
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast