Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    35 is NOT old. Especially when you have already had two kids and your body already is familiar with getting pregnant. You don’t have anything at all to worry about so I wouldn’t let that stress get to you. Try your best to not obsess over it and undermine your girl sway!

2. Thanks Pretty thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty View Post
    Oh and still no cycle so I don稚 know when I値l be able to try
    I知 in the same boat with no cycle yet. DS is almost 2 so I知 feeling pretty impatient!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pretty, yes indeed, 35 is NOT old. How many mums have babies at +40 nowadays? You still have time to conceive a little bundle of joy so please do not worry about that too much.
    Happy mom of 2 amazing and a little princess (successfull sway)

TTC baby no 4 by the end of 2019 with another pink sway

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies! I’ve been feeling a bit down lately, in part because of all my friends having so many girls and in part because of my age. I have to conceive by the end of the year to deliver before I’m 35. I know that on my 35th birthday my eggs don’t wither and turn to dust, but I’m scared of things going wrong. Terrified really...
    Please, PLEASE just put that idea out of your head right now. It is a nonsense idea based on data from the 1600's (not making this up) and is really, really not the case at all. Your eggs DO NOT poof into dust and we have excellent rates of conception even all the way up through 42, and with somewhat more difficulty for a couple years after that.

The higher risks of pregnancy 35 and up are because a higher % of women with health issues. It is NOT simply being 35 per se, it's that more women have underlying medical issues and if you are healthy there is no reason to expect any substantially higher risk of harm from being pregnant.

This stuff is just not real. It was stuff made up largely to control women's behavior to be quite honest. Society frowned on older moms and so medical science never bothered to even look into it and simply (and shockingly, STILL IS) relied upon on 400 year old data to scare women over 35 away from having babies. Many of us, myself included, had babies at 37, 39, 42, and they were perfectly normal babies with perfectly normal pregnancies. My birth at 42 was easier than my one at 21!

Here is a really good article that will help put all this into perspective https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...a-baby/309374/

And let me just warn you for the sake of your sway - do NOT let this mess with your head. MANY MANY of us, myself twice over, had got soooo scared about these dire claims (at the time of my 3rd and 4th boys I hadn't researched this yet) that we did stuff that actually harmed our chances of pink considerably because we felt like we had to do everything possible to "improve fertility" even though there was nothing wrong with our fertility. With my 3rd, I barely knew about swaying but was doing all this stuff because I was sure I couldn't get pregnant at my "advanced" age of 36 LOL (got pregnant in 2 months) and then with my pregnancy at 38/39 I was taking all these supps recommended by InGender for "egg quality" because I was soooo sure I needed all these nutrients to have a healthy baby! (got pregnant in 1 month!) Both boys.

Then at 41 I gave it all up and STILL got pregnant in normal range (6 months, but we weren't really trying very hard) and had a perfectly normal and healthy girl at 42 with a super easy pregnancy and crazily easy birth. While I"d of course never trade my sons for anything, I do wonder what would have happened if I hadn't been so brainwashed into thinking I was going to face these extreme fertility challenges that were actually completely fake and phony. And I've seen hundreds of women do the exact same thing - scare themselves into doing things that actively sway blue out of this misguided fear. So please just rest easy - the risks are completely overblown completely out of all proportion.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; June 27th, 2019 at 12:00 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks ThinkingofPink, Pretty thanked for this post
    Likes Fiya liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will be trying to conceive pink at the end of this year! Depending how quickly my cycles come back I知 hoping to start trying in December. Extremely nervous to make sure everything goes well. I知 very the OCD controlling personality so I知 going to have to work hard to not let that interfere.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much!! What a great article!! My fears definitely stem from the risks of birth defects. I know they’re low, but I can’t express the anxiety I have regarding the subject. Hopefully those will go away.

Ugh, I made the horrible mistake of looking up more statistics. The internet is so cruel sometimes.
    Last edited by Pretty; June 27th, 2019 at 04:27 PM.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pretty, stop looking hun and just have faith Your body knows what to do, don't worry.

Here, I'm back on track with LE, but waiting for my cycle to come back after I got my IUD removed earlier this month. I should have had my period the 25th, but it's late...

Any of the other ladies want to be in the recap on page 1?
    Happy mom of 2 amazing and a little princess (successfull sway)

TTC baby no 4 by the end of 2019 with another pink sway

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much!! What a great article!! My fears definitely stem from the risks of birth defects. I know they’re low, but I can’t express the anxiety I have regarding the subject. Hopefully those will go away.

Ugh, I made the horrible mistake of looking up more statistics. The internet is so cruel sometimes.
    post links and I'll tell you everything that is wrong with the things you're reading LOL. Virtually all of those things are TOTALLY blown out of proportion for clicks!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much! I know you’re very busy so I completely understand if you don’t have the time or it takes you some time to check any of them out, and I definitely don’t want to scare anyone else (my misery doesn’t want company!) but this are some of the sites I came across, some were more scary than others, some just have scary charts or undertones, but all made me really question if I should pursue another baby

http://genetics.emory.edu/documents/...len%202008.pdf

https://www.researchgate.net/profile...ton-Births.pdf

https://www.ndss.org/about-down-syndrome/down-syndrome/
    This author actually has scarier numbers (can’t find the full article but valid author): https://journals.lww.com/greenjourna...fferent.3.aspx

Scary Charts:
    https://www.mcgill.ca/familymed/file..._fertility.pdf

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiya View Post
    Pretty, stop looking hun and just have faith Your body knows what to do, don't worry.

Here, I'm back on track with LE, but waiting for my cycle to come back after I got my IUD removed earlier this month. I should have had my period the 25th, but it's late...

Any of the other ladies want to be in the recap on page 1?
    Yes please!

Laurelw
    29 AUS
    Boy, Boy, Girl (successful sway)
    Have been on LE diet for 2.5 months now, will be having our first attempt next month).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast