Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying for a Girl Next Week, Last Minute Advice?

Hello, I've been doing lots of research the last several months on this website, and our girl sway attempt is next week. Does anyone have any last-minute advice or tips? I've tried my best to stick to the diet for the past three months, we're going to abstain for 7 days, and then do one attempt 4 days before ovulation, I've been walking 3 miles a day on the treadmill, but not consistently. I took three weeks off because we moved, but I've started back recently. We already have five boys and this may be our last shot. I want this so bad! Any tips, pointers, or advice is appreciated. I will be honest there were multiple days where I went over on calories, protein, and or fat. But in a nutshell I was mindful of what I ate even on those days. I just worried that my dieting efforts were not enough having gone over those limits on some days. Or even missing the gym makes me feel guilty. Also guilty of having snacks before bed, and sometimes drinking my coffee with cream and sugar throughout the day. I was not strict on my sway, but I definitely changed a lot. Is there any last minute things I could do, anything that I can change or add that will help our sway that's 8 days away? It's crunch time, and I'm committed!
    Last edited by Disneymomx5; June 17th, 2019 at 05:51 PM.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How old is your DH? If he's older than 35, Atomic doesn't think it's a good idea to abstain for 7 days before attempt, but I think she'll read your post and advise you on that herself :-)
    Happy mom of 2 amazing and a little princess (successfull sway)

TTC baby no 4 by the end of 2019 with another pink sway

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He is 30.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, in that case, that won't be a problem. I just don't know if it works, but you should ask her.

I think even a sway which isn't perfect can give you your baby girl. Everyone does a cheat once in a while, which even means you're not too controlling in the process.

I would just keep it at one attempt at positive OPK and then follow LE diet in the 2WW to be sure to keep your body on low nutrients if you aren't pregnant this month and have to try again the next month. (PS: I have just reread your message and you said one attempt 4 days before O, but that will possibly lower your chances to conceive, why not at positive OPK?)
    Happy mom of 2 amazing and a little princess (successfull sway)

TTC baby no 4 by the end of 2019 with another pink sway

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would suggest not trying to time it 4 days before ovulation. For one thing, you don’t know for sure when you’ll actually ovulate and for another, timing really doesn’t sway. Atomic much prefers 1 attempt at positive opk for the best sway tactic! Even if you could predict ovulation and did 4days before, combined with a 7 day abstain your chances of conceiving would be very slim. It’s up to you of course and if you don’t mind it taking longer to get pregnant then it’s fine to try!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would suggest not trying to time it 4 days before ovulation. For one thing, you don’t know for sure when you’ll actually ovulate and for another, timing really doesn’t sway. Atomic much prefers 1 attempt at positive opk for the best sway tactic! Even if you could predict ovulation and did 4days before, combined with a 7 day abstain your chances of conceiving would be very slim. It’s up to you of course and if you don’t mind it taking longer to get pregnant then it’s fine to try!

Edit: Sorry, I don’t know why this posted twice!

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Having an attempt 4 days before ovulation is useless. You'll have no chance of conception that way. 3 days' cutoff absolute max and 2 days is better.

Everyone cheats now and then, we still get good results. But obviously only you can know how "bad" you really were on diet and whether or not you should wait.

I don't believe in last minute things. None of them work and they're all very control freaky. just be sure you stick with the one attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all for your advice. I will move back our attempt day closer to ovulation, or at ovulation. Still sticking with the one attempt. I wasn't horrible on the diet, but there were days where my protein was in the 70s, fat in the 80s, or I ate 2,000 calories. But it's still leaps and bounds of improvement from my diet when I conceived my boys. I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, and was not exercising at all. Big change for me. I've also lost 28lbs since January so that is also different for me.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    at ovulation is also not high chance of conception. 1-2 days before ovulation (aka positive OPK) is the best chance of conception with one attempt.

2000 calories is still LE Diet range for many of us. The occasional day of going over on protein and fat is no biggie and yes all that matters is that it's different than when you got your boys. I had to make the LE Diet limits set at something since people wanted tangible numbers, but overall as long as you are eating differently than you were, that's what matters.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

12. Likes clarkrl2 liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So my next question is, going by my ovulation tests, there is a chance I might ovulate a day early.........that puts our attempt at 6 days refrain instead of the recommended 7 days refrain. Does that make a big difference you think?

Should we be doing our attempt the day we get a positive ovulation test, or the day before our targeted ovulation day? I'm reading mixed recommendations in the threads. (Atomic, I see now where your last response says not at ovulation, but 1-2 days before......my targeted ovulation day is Sunday, but I think it might come early.....does that mean our attempt should be tonight (Thursday)?

Also, does taking fiber after a meal with fat have the same effect as the recommended before a meal?
    Last edited by Disneymomx5; June 27th, 2019 at 05:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast