Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How many grams of fat and calories are you eating?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't keep up with grams of fat, but if I had to guestimate I'd say 100-150? I generally eat 1800-2500 calories a day. Just depends on if I'm busy and eating out more. Some days I'm hungrier than others. I never gain or lose. I wouldn't think someone my size needs more than that. Some days I eat texmex, pasta with dairy based sauce and double dip ice cream and some days I'll have a salad for lunch and meat and veg for dinner, and that kind of leaves me on the lower end for the day. Since I've been trying to get pregnant, I add olive oil and butter to most everything. Often I'll have bread just for something to add butter to. All the dairy I eat is full fat, except cottage cheese because I prefer the texture of low fat. Most of the meat I eat is lean because of texture aversions to animal fat. I tried adding coconut oil to my coffee but I can't do it ��. I do use half and half in my coffee though. I eat avocado like it's going out of style. I don't think I'm lacking in the fat consumption department. I've known my estrogen is low because I have all the crappy symptoms that come with that. It's been like this since I had my son and increasing my fat hasn't helped. I really have tried because not only can I not get pregnant but I am freaking miserable not being able to sleep a full night. And I'm really bummed because I feel like I'm doing everything so opposite of a "girl diet" but swaying does me no good if I can't get pregnant so it's something I've resigned to just get over. I talked to my midwife yesterday and asked for femara because it has less effect on the lining. She also suggested an estrogen patch, but before we do that she wants me to get my amh tested (I'm angry she didn't do that in my last blood test). So this cycle will probably be a bust because I'm already too far in to start anything.

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But the thing is, and I get that if you're convinced of this then nothing I say is going to change your mind, but the thing is LOL that a lot of symptoms of low estrogen are true of a lot of other things. My concern is that there's something going on (like autoimmune disease) and while I'm sure you're sick of doctors totally I urge you to go back one more time and see if they'll run some bloodwork for that, primarily the ANA (sometimes called ANF test). Several of the autoimmune diseases cause very general symptoms such as insomnia and they are often treatable so you could get some relief, in addition to being progressive so we need to get to the bottom of what is going on with you instead of assuming anything here. As someone who lived through years of feeling very ill only to find out I had an autoimmune disease, it's SUPER common for women to be in this boat so I just want you to get fully checked out rather than suffer while thinking you know what's going on, when there's every possibility it could be some other thing happening.

As long as you're having 60 g fat that's all I need to know. Don't worry about swaying pink right now, we need to get you to full health again so you're happy and healthy and can have another baby.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Needhairbowsinmylife View Post
    Hi Atomic! I'm back after my first round of clomid, and I need more help. The clomid made my hot flashes, insomnia and spotting so much worse. I started spotting 9 dpo (usually 11 dpo) my period came 11 dpo (usually 13 dpo). I did ovulate a day later than normal though and the ovulation pain was definitely more pronounced. The strips gave me an lh surge and I had a temp shift, so still pretty sure I ovulated. My period is very light after this round of clomid, so I worry there was much endometrial lining. I have asked to try femara, but I still have two months of clomid on hand. Femara is supposed to have less effect on lining (from what I've read anyway) but I'm wondering if it's even worth trying or if I have a bigger issue I need to address with my estrogen. Your advice always appreciated.
    So the midwife is willing to try the estrogen patch, right? If it gives you peace of mind then that's fine, that is the best way to ensure you have enough estrogen when on Clomid or Femara. The estrogen patch should compensate for any reduction in estrogen with the Clomid (if using the estrogen patch it's fine to continue Clomid)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Atomic. I actually suspect autoimmune disease or some sort of pituitary issue myself, though my estrogen DID test low. I feel there's has to be a reason it's low. But was at a loss for where to start. I'll look into the tests you suggested. My midwife will do the patch depending on my amh results which should be back soon. Thanks for your advice, always.
    Last edited by Needhairbowsinmylife; August 9th, 2019 at 07:42 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't you say it was low normal though?

Good luck and let me know if I can be of any help.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's within range for follicular phase according to the lab reference ranges, but it's 33 on day 8, which the midwife said was low enough to be concerning for my age. She really should have then tested just before expected ovulation I would think to see what my high end is. But i don't know. A lot of reference charts have a baseline of 50 for fertile women. All my other hormones tested average so it just seems out of proportion maybe.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I truly think you need to have more testing done. Sorry, I know it's a PITA but I think you need your estrogen levels actually confirmed low in more than one test and also to follow up with any additional problems. I also think they need to test your egg reserve just in case the remote chance that this is related to premature menopause, and then in addition they need to check any possible causes for your symptoms.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic. I had my egg reserve tested. Amh came back 1.4, which is lower end for my age, but not low. My midwife bait and switched me. I did all the tests she asked and now she won't let me try an estrogen patch because she want another progesterone test and another appointment. It seems like what she really wants is more money. This would be the 4th blood test, one has already tested progesterone. And she should have done the amh up front instead of making me sit out a cycle without meds to get results of that first. I feel like I'm wasting precious cycles jumping through her hoops and I'm now looking for an RE. She did say she'd give me femara to try so I'm doing that this coming cycle while I wait for an RE appointment. Hopefully they can figure out the issue. Feeling defeated here.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Progesterone tests are largely pointless anyway IMO because if you have a normally developing pregnancy the vast majority of the time it will make all the progesterone it needs to sustain it, and you can't test that in cycles you aren't pregnant (since it's not going to be predictable what your prog would be when pregnant)

I would definitely recommend an RE. They are generally more proactive and that's what we need here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast