Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

HCG Question and Pregnancy Concerns

Hello ladies,

I was on here back in the fall with mum baby girl sway. I conceived in October and sadly miscarried 9 weeks in December with a blighted ovum. It was a very challenging and emotional time as it was may first miscarriage. I conceived my 2 boys quickly and had very healthy pregnancies (on the first attempts too). I was 33 and 34 (almost 35) when I had them. I just turned 37 this month.

Shortly after Valentine's Day I conceived again (on our first try since the miscarriage. I gave myself two cycles before trying again). I did a lighter sway this time. No diet. Just vegetarian, 1 attempt that month and 1 hour of cardio 7 days a week. As you can imagine, I am thrilled to be pregnant again, yet a ball of nerves now with anxiety for fear a miscarriage may occur again.

I had my first HCG blood draws done this week and have a question that i was hoping you could shed more insight on. I had my bhcg levels tested this Monday and Wednesday. Monday they came back at 11294 and Wednesday at 14891. On Wednesday I was 6 weeks 1 day pregnant (I had been tracking ovulation). My doctor called me today with concerns of the numbers not doubling and I am not booked in for an ultrasound next Wednesday to see if the pregnancy is viable. My anxiety is high (and has already been high already with all the uncertainty that is happening in the world) and I’m trying not to worry but considering what happened with my last pregnancy, I’m feeling pretty down. I had doubling numbers with my miscarriage pregnancy. Has anyone seen situations like this before? I thought the likelihood of another miscarriage was low (or at least a blighted ovum) but now I’m so unsure. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my post and for any responses
    Last edited by sunflowertravels; March 20th, 2020 at 07:42 PM.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Update: Just got my HCG results back from this morning. They are 19954. So 1124 Monday, 14891 Wednesday and 19954 Friday. No doubling. A slow rise of over 30%. 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant.
    Feeling super anxious.
    Any one have any similar experiences or insight?
    Last edited by sunflowertravels; March 21st, 2020 at 07:28 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry. It's not a good sign. Not what we want to be seeing right now. I would prepare for the worst, but people do have slow doubling times and still end up with a viable pregnancy sometimes. I'm so terribly sorry.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic for getting back to me. My number when from 19954 yesterday to over 27000 today. They said it’s difficult to say at 6 weeks 4 days pregnant because numbers can slow then. They will be doing a scan to see what’s happening shortly. I’m bracing myself

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Update: I just got the results from my scan at the hospital and....Baby has a HEART BEAT and measuring on track and everything looks GREAT and NORMAL! The doctor was grinning ear to ear when he came out to tell me Early days yet of course for being 6 and a half weeks but they are very pleased with what they see
    Doctor told me (and I had also read in studies) that after hcg levels reach 6000, they can take more than 48 hours to double. Sometimes taking up to 4 days. My numbers are already high, so they are taking longer to double. As of now, no cause for concern So nice to have such great new in troubling times!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HCGLevels.jpg

Here is information given to me by the doctor that was produced by the blood labs (see attached). I wanted to share this so other women (who may be in my boat) can see that at this point in pregnancy, for many, levels can take longer to rise. The gestation is based from LMP. Beyond 6 weeks pregnancy, an ultrasound is the best way to see the viability a pregnancy

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HCGInfo.jpg

Additional information that was given to me by my doctor I fell in to the over 6000 hcg levels take more than 4 days to double Every woman and every pregnancy is different but this information is quite useful.
    Last edited by sunflowertravels; March 22nd, 2020 at 10:50 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sunflowertravels View Post
    HCGLevels.jpg

Here is information given to me by the doctor that was produced by the blood labs (see attached). I wanted to share this so other women (who may be in my boat) can see that at this point in pregnancy, for many, levels can take longer to rise. The gestation is based from LMP. Beyond 6 weeks pregnancy, an ultrasound is the best way to see the viability a pregnancy
    That is all true but when your doctor called you with concerns, I put their judgement ahead of my own!! GOSH what an ordeal to put you though!!! They really should have explained that in the first place and explained that it was a "just in case" ultrasound!!! I am so happy and thankful to hear that everything is as it should be.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    That is all true but when your doctor called you with concerns, I put their judgement ahead of my own!! GOSH what an ordeal to put you though!!! They really should have explained that in the first place and explained that it was a "just in case" ultrasound!!! I am so happy and thankful to hear that everything is as it should be.
    My family doctor gave me a MAJOR scare. My anxiety got so bad, my husband suggested I just go to the hospital, as he knew I couldn't hold on until Wednesday. There was no one there, so I got seen and tests right away. By being given this information after the fact, it all makes much more sense what was happening with my hcg levels. At the end of the day, the best way to see what was happening at my point in the pregnancy is the ultrasound and not the numbers. I should mention, I did not have any blood draws prior to 5 weeks 4 days, so it seems my "doubling" had occurred before this point and then started to slow due to my hight numbers. What a relief! Early days yet but I am thrilled that so far little bean is growing as it should. After my miscarriage in December and this scare (and all of the uncertainty that's happening in the world right now), I just want a healthy baby at the end of the day. A girl would be wonderful, but I would welcome another little boy with open arms <3 They are all such blessings <3

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most people don't even HAVE beta tests done at this stage of gestation for that very reason, betas are usually done much earlier on. I'm so glad everything is ok and appreciate you updating us!

13. Likes sunflowertravels liked this post