Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Getting pregnant on femara

Hi everyone,

My husband and I have been TTC for about a year. Ive been on Femara or Clomid almost the whole time. Before starting any medication I had an early loss. I had zero pregnancies on the 3 cycles of Clomid. Then I had one pregnancy on first cycle of femara. Ive stayed on it and had no luck the last few cycles.

The OBGYN has me taking it on day 5-9 and a I read somewhere that might not be best. I started it at day 4 this cycle and I'm almost sure I'm still not pregnant.

I'm doing attempt 1 day on two days off for about a week. I refuse to take OPKs anymore because they made me crazy. I also ditched the Ava bracelet I dropped like $300 on because I couldn't handle it.

Is there something else I can do to help this medication work better for me?

Thanks
    2007 2009 2011
    Prayed and swayed for a little
    2020 I still can’t believe we have a girl!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, if you've really been on one or the other for a year it very well may be you need a break from it. I'm actually shocked that they had you do that. 6 consecutive months is the longest they are supposed to let you take it and I really strongly recommend you take at least 3 months off of it now (you can still try those months)

I prefer you guys take fertility medications from CD 3-7. I think that is by far better chances of conception than CD 5-9.

Since the OPK are making you nuts I would have you do my compromise - continue having attempt then two days off then attempt, but whenever YOU think you may be approaching ovulation (whatever symptoms you have) then have another attempt. Another option is blood testing or ultrasound monitoring by your doctor to let you know when O is approaching, then have another attempt then. But just one attempt then 2 days off is not going to be the best chance of conception.

Can you tell me everything else you're doing? There may be something we can tweak in there to boost odds of conception but I need more info. I would definitely add in female O if you aren't doing that already. And no shallow release if you were doing that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Well, if you've really been on one or the other for a year it very well may be you need a break from it. I'm actually shocked that they had you do that. 6 consecutive months is the longest they are supposed to let you take it and I really strongly recommend you take at least 3 months off of it now (you can still try those months)

I prefer you guys take fertility medications from CD 3-7. I think that is by far better chances of conception than CD 5-9.

Since the OPK are making you nuts I would have you do my compromise - continue having attempt then two days off then attempt, but whenever YOU think you may be approaching ovulation (whatever symptoms you have) then have another attempt. Another option is blood testing or ultrasound monitoring by your doctor to let you know when O is approaching, then have another attempt then. But just one attempt then 2 days off is not going to be the best chance of conception.

Can you tell me everything else you're doing? There may be something we can tweak in there to boost odds of conception but I need more info. I would definitely add in female O if you aren't doing that already. And no shallow release if you were doing that.
    I'm meeting with doctor again in a couple weeks. She did say she wanted to touch base with me after I ran out of medication. But they couldn't get me in until July so they kept refilling.

I usually have pin point cramping and increased cervical mucus when I ovulate. I will add attempt. I was not wanting to mess with anything.

I'll ask my doctor about monitoring the cycle. Does that sway blue at all?

Other things:

Im working out every day with few rare exceptions in the two weeks waiting. Mostly running on treadmill for 1-2 hours. I do some hot yoga maybe 1-2 a week. I also walk the dog a few times every day.
    I lose a little weight each month but I do gain it back. I think my BMI is always low normal.
    I drink coffee and alcohol.
    I'm skipping breakfast, eating vegan, 2-4 meals a day, and avoiding things like nuts and breakfast cereals.
    I'm not doing jump and dump or shallow release. But, I've been trying to avoid female O in my fertile window.

Thank you Atomic
    2007 2009 2011

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No monitoring doesn't sway at all. It just gives you more information.

They should not have refilled your medication that long. That's very unusual to have been on the medications that long without any time off.

There is no benefit from losing and gaining weight. I would prefer to see you holding steady at about BMI 21.

Are you vegan for the sway or for ethical reasons? If for the sway, I would have you add in a serving of full fat dairy a day, 4-6 eggs a week, and a serving of salmon if you like it or red meat if you don't every week.

6. Thanks clarkrl2 thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    No monitoring doesn't sway at all. It just gives you more information.

They should not have refilled your medication that long. That's very unusual to have been on the medications that long without any time off.

There is no benefit from losing and gaining weight. I would prefer to see you holding steady at about BMI 21.

Are you vegan for the sway or for ethical reasons? If for the sway, I would have you add in a serving of full fat dairy a day, 4-6 eggs a week, and a serving of salmon if you like it or red meat if you don't every week.
    Vegan for ethics and preference mostly. Adult life long vegan or veg.

I stopped taking the meds this month. It will be my luck I get pregnant without it. I really wanted it to be a sway factor.

I took the ovulation test yesterday and it was extremely positive. I didn't do it to plan the attempts (because that makes me crazy). I was just wondering if I was going to ovulate. We already had an attempt that morning and a few days earlier.

Does the positive mean you will likely ovulate in a day or two? I can't remember.
    2007 2009 2011

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It seems to work for swaying a month or two after dropping it.

So in that case I would have you add in 2 servings of coconut oil a day to be sure you're getting enough of that saturated fat.

Positive OPK means you'll ovulate an average of 24-36 hours later. Sometimes sooner, sometimes later (with more people Oing later than sooner, ~usually~ but when you haven't been testing regularly we don't know when the first positive might have been and so all bets are off, really.)

Good luck and pink dust coming your way.