Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

We had our second attempt

I thought for sure I was pregnant after our recent second attempt right after my chemical, and then I started bleeding Thursday and now have a full blown period!
    It’s so crazy because I had MAJOR pregnancy symptoms. Our next try is going to be in September so I have some time to lose some weight! I’m just so bummed, I thought I’d be super fertile right after my chemical ,but I guess in due time it’ll happen!
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aww, I'm sorry. It's poopy how often the symptoms of the 2WW can mimic pregnancy symptoms. Good luck and pink dust coming your way for next month!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Prayingforagirl67 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Aww, I'm sorry. It's poopy how often the symptoms of the 2WW can mimic pregnancy symptoms. Good luck and pink dust coming your way for next month!
    It’s really disheartening but it is what it is! I was wondering, this is completely unrelated but I read that taking a low dose aspirin possibly prevents miscarriage? Is this something I should discuss with my midwife? I mean I had pre eclampsia with my son so I would think it would be preferred that I take it?
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic is white bread ok when ttc girl?

For example, what about snapper fish, shrimp, cabbage, pasta these are the things that I usually eat. I’m so lost I don’t know what to eat or not. Why I have decided to cut off after today is red meat which I haven’t eaten in about 6 months or more, chicken/turkey only up until I get a BFP, potatoes, tomatoes, avocados, banana, cereal and eggs. I feel like once I cut back I barely have much to eat.

2010 2014 2018 praying and swaying for
    Last edited by Mizztaurus86; July 1st, 2019 at 07:22 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Prayingforagirl67 View Post
    It’s really disheartening but it is what it is! I was wondering, this is completely unrelated but I read that taking a low dose aspirin possibly prevents miscarriage? Is this something I should discuss with my midwife? I mean I had pre eclampsia with my son so I would think it would be preferred that I take it?
    Only in people who have clotting disorders. In people who don't, it very likely actually CAUSES miscarriage in some cases. You're welcome to talk to your midwife about being TESTED for clotting disorders (although they'll usually only do that after 3 losses back to back) but I strongly, strongly recommend against taking aspirin prophylactically. Most people don't need it and it causes more harm than good. I have found our number of losses has really dropped after moving away from the aspirin for most people.

Pre-e in most people happens in the first pregnancy and never reoccurs. I would personally not take aspirin without the clotting disorder unless they had some really good science proving it would help for you.

7. Likes Prayingforagirl67 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizztaurus86 View Post
    Atomic is white bread ok when ttc girl?

For example, what about snapper fish, shrimp, cabbage, pasta these are the things that I usually eat. I’m so lost I don’t know what to eat or not. Why I have decided to cut off after today is red meat which I haven’t eaten in about 6 months or more, chicken/turkey only up until I get a BFP, potatoes, tomatoes, avocados, banana, cereal and eggs. I feel like once I cut back I barely have much to eat.

2010 2014 2018 praying and swaying for
    There are no magic foods that make babies of either gender. It is all about sticking withiin the limits of the day - 1500-1800 cals for most people, 40-50 g protein for most people, 30-60 g fat. You can have what you want in the limits. There is NO NEED to drop potato, tomato, banana, eggs, chicken, avocado, etc. Even red meat can be ok occasionally as long as you stick in those limits.

I have a full explanation of why no one needs to skip potassium foods here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...s-edition.html

There are two exceptions to the "limits" rule, and one warning.

Exceptions: 1) Cereal is highly fortified with vitamins and highly vitamin fortified foods (cereal, protein bars, meal replacer shakes) likely sway blue. So please skip cereal. 2) Some foods are better than others for sticking in the limits. So while you can have them, they can make it harder on you than it needs to be to keep in the limits. Avocado and meat are both examples of this. Meat is very low cal but high in protein so when you eat it, you'll very quickly go over on protein limit while only having eaten a few hundred cals. So then since grains, dairy, nuts, legumes, soy foods all have protein, what do you eat the rest of the day?? People who focus overly on chicken, for example, often end up on a starvation diet of chicken, gummy worms, and cucumbers, still not getting enough fat and calories because they "spent" all their protein on chicken! Avocado works the same, although it's a great rescue food on a day you're low in fat and potassium, it does have a lot of fat in it so you "spend" fat you may want on things that are more filling. But you CAN eat them, and chicken, and red meat if you want. Most people choose not to, but you can. It's the limits that matter, not the foods.

And the warning: When you are trying to conceive you should eat fish and shellfish only 2x a week in totall for ALL kinds combined due to risks of mercury and agricultural runoff. This is not for swaying, this is for safety, and the advice I give all women TTC.

BTW - the good news is you don't count any protein or fat in any fruit or veg, only calories (except avocado/olives, you count fat and cals in them and beans/legumes you count protein and cals) and for low carb veg like cabbage and raw tomato count nothing in them, they're free and unlimited (count calories in cooked tomato stuff like spaghetti sauces) You can actually have a lot more to eat than you think on the LE Diet.

Now, as for white bread, it's ok for most people. People with PCOS or tendencies that way should use whole grains instead, though. White flour can raise their blood sugar and testosterone and may affect their sway negatively.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So Sorry about this month! I am likely trying in September so I will be here for support!!
    Four Amazing Boys!

One Sweet Girl - Thanks to Atomic and GD!

One angel watching over us

Praying and swaying for another so that , hopefully, our daughter can have a sister.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Only in people who have clotting disorders. In people who don't, it very likely actually CAUSES miscarriage in some cases. You're welcome to talk to your midwife about being TESTED for clotting disorders (although they'll usually only do that after 3 losses back to back) but I strongly, strongly recommend against taking aspirin prophylactically. Most people don't need it and it causes more harm than good. I have found our number of losses has really dropped after moving away from the aspirin for most people.

Pre-e in most people happens in the first pregnancy and never reoccurs. I would personally not take aspirin without the clotting disorder unless they had some really good science proving it would help for you.

Ok that’s good to know, I won’t start it in that case! I was talking to my aunt yesterday who had I believe 2 losses before she had her kids. Her dr had started testing after the first and she was diagnosed with I believe it’s called factor 5? She recommended me to go to a high risk OB beings that I had two consecutive losses. She’s a nurse and is very... overly cautious I guess is how I should put it. I don’t necessarily feel that I need to do that yet, and was wondering what you would say about the suggestion. She was also older when she had her kids (in her 30’s) not that that’s old but I know when your in your mid 30’s they do genetic testing anyway. Wouldn’t my OB let me know if she felt like I needed to have testing done?

I was a lot heavier and ate like crap before having my son, I’m hoping being that I lost a lot of weight after having him, that pre e won’t show it’s nasty head!
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HopingForHairbows View Post
    So Sorry about this month! I am likely trying in September so I will be here for support!!

That’s wonderful! We’re going to be trying again in August/September! Thank you so much for the support, and right back at you! That’s what we are all here for!
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Given your family history I would definitely push for the testing. If you don't want to just yet that's fine, I just do not want you to take aspirin without the test.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast