Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh sorry accidentally hit send

this doesn't mean you aren't fertile yet, just that this cycle was not a fertile one. You may have been fertile in prev. cycles and in the next cycle.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Thanks angelmamma thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    How much fat, calories and protein are you eating?

In a 14 day cycle you likely did not ovulate. this is almost certainly from breastfeeding (but I want to be sure you're eating enough just to be certain.) This will correct over time. It's not at all uncommon esp. given that you're not a year past postpartum and are occasionally tandem nursing.

No need to chart, that was not a fertile cycle.
    About 2000 calories a day and about 80 grams of fat per day. As for protein, anywhere from 50-60 grams a day.
    I'd love to dip lower, but I get so hungry throughout the day feeding my boys
    I also am still taking prenatal vitamins.
    I try to split it between more frequent, smaller meals.
    So should I bother testing with OPKs this cycle then?
    My period is being so odd again this time. I bled very lightly (like a lite, least absorbable tampon if that) for about 2 days. Now nothing, but if its like the last cycle, it starts and stops for about a week. How do I know if it's breakthrough bleeding or an actual period? I'm 90% sure what I had 2 weeks ago was a period since some days I would bleed more than others. Should I plan to O this month of my period seems to be like last period? What's weird is I am bleeding very minimum, but I'm having many cramps. Would this be because my body is trying to start my regular cycles up, but breastfeeding is keeping normality from happening? I am definitely not the type of person to have irregular cycles, so this is so odd to me.
    Would I need to wean my elder son some more to normalize my cycles, or should I just expect them to normalize on their own with time, without me nudging my toddler to wean some more?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok that should be enough to continue you ovulating. I think this is down to nursing.

If this is breakthrough bleeding OR a period (I think both of them were breakthrough bleeding) it doens't matter because usually the breakthrough bleeding acts as a period and will "reset" the hormonal cycle. I know that didn't happen this last time but that is very much the exception. Most of the time after a breakthrough bleed (provided there is not an underlying probem like PCOS, HA, or in your case the nursing) a person will ovulate 14 days later just like they'd had a period. So to answer your question, you can't tell if it was a period (unlikely given the short cycle) or if it was a breakthrough bleed, but it doesn't matter since it will clean the slate anyway.

Re "I think tht was a period because some days I bled more than others" that can happen with a breakthrough bleed too and it doesn't mean anything. A BB can be exactly like a period or nothing like one. No rhyme or reason to it (that we know of)

We can't draw any conclusions about the light bleeding and heavy cramps. We just don't have any science to indicate that tells us anything and if so what it might be.

Your cycles WILL normalize over time. I tandem nursed my 3/4th and my 4/5th and it was very special to me, and I would NEVER EVER want to encourage anyone to wean before they were ready to. For all we know you could wean your older boy and your cycle may stay wonky even just nursing one. In both cases my cycle did go back to normal eventually. It took longer (especailly the last time through) but it did normalize eventually. So I would personally encourage you to put your nursing relationship first and then just see what happens with your cycle.

5. Thanks angelmamma thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there!
    So looking back over the past month, my cycle has been 17/18 days. I'm on CD 18 and I started spotting today. Guess what? Last time per my chart I was CD 18 when I started spotting.
    This would be my 3rd menstrual-like period since my cycles have started.
    Should I mark this as annovulatory? Do women who have short cycles like this able to ovulate with luteal competence?
    I am getting much more cervical mucus than before (like plenty of creamy, wet, etc.) during my cycle whereas in June, I'd get practically nothing.
    Is there anything I can do to lengthen and normalize my cycle? Are annovulatory cycles usually this predictible? If it's breakthrough bleeding, is it usually this cyclical? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe your cycle will normalize over time, I still think this is nursing-related.

Anov cycles can be predictable like this. Let me illustrate what happens. Your body makes a bunch of estrogen thinking to surge and ovulate, and then (probably because you're making prolactin from nursing) something suppresses ovulation, your body decides "nah not gonna release an egg now" and then estrogen drops suddenly. That triggers a breakthrough bleed. So since it's happening around about the same time you might ovulate, that's my suspicion about what is happening, either you're ovulating and having a super short LP (which can happen) but more likely you're surging, not releasing an egg, this causes estrogen to drop sharply, and there's a breakthrough bleed. It seems cyclical because your body is following as many of the rules as it can, developing an egg, surging, and then (probably prolactin) something is preventing ovulation from happening so it's all very much in a seeming pattern - but it doesn't have to stay like that. Next month it could be your body gears up to O on CD 21 or whatever.

Now, as for the CM and stuff. Hormones cause symptoms to happen. So when your estrogen goes up, you have CM and stuff but that doesn't mean you have/will ovulate. It's one of the more irritating things about all this is that the symptoms seem like something is happening, but the hormones can happen without the egg dropping and it's the hormones, not the egg, that make the symptoms! So while I do take that as a good sign that things are working themselves out, it doesn't help us know what is going on, unfortunately.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12