Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Only just found out I have been eating the wrong things and now trying not to panic!

Hi,
    I have only just found a post that specifically says wheat is bad for a girl sway but I had been having some shredded wheat (unfortified cereal) over the last 17-18 weeks and my DH and I have recently had our first attempt so currently in the 2ww.
    I had read that fortified cereals were bad but being as Shredded Wheat is not fortified I had thought it was ok. Now I'm trying my hardest not to freak out that I've been having it.

Over the 17-18 weeks, earlier on in the diet I would have shredded wheat with semi-skimmed milk every other morning (have it one day but not the next) then later I switched to having it with rice milk and less frequently (every 3 days say). Then more recently, in the run up to our first attempt I was worried about eating sweets and the sugar causing higher glucose levels which the XX sperm don't like, so I was avoiding sugar and struggling to hit my levels as a result of taking the sugar away. I was and am struggling to get enough protein and calories in pretty much every day. So I looked at what had protein in it, thought the shredded wheat seemed a good idea because it's low in fat and everything else and started forcing that down myself as a dessert. Now I didn't always have a full bowl of it (and the portion size of even a 'full bowl' for me is probably quite small being a bit less than the 30-40g recommended on the box) and sometimes I would have a small amount (100gms) of fat free greek yoghurt with some shredded wheat sprinkled over the top (like about 3 mini pieces, with the pieces being about the same size of shreddies or chex pieces).

I am also confused with where that leaves us in terms of eating white bread
    and pasta as both are also made of wheat. Also things I have been eating to try to get my levels up.

Oh, and over the time I have been on diet with 4-6 days a week (mainly 6 days) of 1hr dance aerobic/zumba exercise, took Vitex and Saw Palmetto (but found out they've not been working so well so that's not much help to settle my nerves), and skipping breakfast more like everyday going into the last 4 weeks or so. I've lost around 17-18 pounds and am now at bmi 20.72. Just in case that helps to know.

So my worry and question is: have I ruined all the rest of my hard work over 3mths with that? And if the answer is yes, please be gentle in breaking the news to me. I'm really sensitive as it is normally, but especially whilst tired on the diet and exercise whilst working full time.

Any help or just words of reassurance would be really appreciated. Thank you to anyone who responds.
    Last edited by S & J; July 27th, 2019 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ??? Can you link me to this post?? I think you're misunderstanding something.

Wheat products are fine for a pink sway. I generally recommend avoiding cereal (even unfortified) just in case but I do think it's the fortification.

You are also misunderstanding about sugar. YOu can have sugar for pink. That is not how blood sugar works. YOur blood sugar goes up regardless of what you eat. If you eat sugar it may go up a little faster, but it will also drop quicker. Most people can have sugar when swaying pink. Only those with PCOS/insulin resistance or more than 30 lbs to spare need to avoid or minimize it.

You can have things made of wheat including white bread and pasta within the limits of the day.

great job on the exercise and weight loss, but it's time to hold steady where you're at.

You have done well on diet, you haven't done anything wrong, and you are fine to try. If you give me the link to whatever it was you read I can clarify what I was talking about in that answer or essay.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic, really sorry to be such a panicky one. I hope I have just misunderstood. Apologies if I have.

DH and I have had our first attempt so we're now in the 2ww, and as such I've been having a bit of a hard time with worrying about things (especially when ovulation came a day earlier than expected- I did recall that you had said many times in other posts that you don't think timing matters so much so I did manage to calm down from that.).

I have managed to find the thread I was reading here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ying-pink.html

Thank you for saying that I'm doing a good job, I really appreciate it. I have been trying hard to keep my levels up and hold back the weight loss, it does seem to be working because I had only lost a tiny amount last time I checked, less than a pound. So I'm hoping that's ok.

I have been having to have white bread or crumpets with pasta or rice and crackers on top of that to try and bump up my levels. Thank you so much for confirming that they are ok to have.

I have been skipping breakfast but as I am at work most days that means I don't get to eat until 1:45pm. Then when I finish work I go home and get my exercise done out of the way before I eat dinner at around 8-9pm.

I think because I'm only having the 2 meals a day like that it's a bit scary to have to eat a lot of calories in one go (i.e. 700-800) but I know it's what has to be done to keep the levels up.

I find it easier to bump them up with sweets/candy or rice pudding etc I'm just worried about the sugar during the 2ww which is why I have avoided it following our attempt.
    Would it still be ok to have sugar even in the 2ww do you think?
    I see so many of the ladies on here seem to have other more savoury options rather than sweet so it makes me nervous to go back to the sweets.

Probably doesn't help that I don't like eggs and I don't really want to have meat like chicken as it's a bit scary after staying vegetarian on my diet for so long now. Those could otherwise help with the protein level seeing as that's the one I struggle with most. That and calories.

Oh and is it ok to still do dance/zumba/aerobics (which includes a bit of jumping or running or hip wiggling type movements) during the 2ww? Or would it make it more difficult for implantation to happen?

And should I be increasing the intensity of my exercise so that I'm still getting really out of breath throughout the whole hour? Because I've just been doing the same dance set which takes an hour that I've been doing all through my time on diet (17-18wks).

Thank you again for your kind support and patience. Once again, sorry to be such a worrier, I am trying not to.
    Last edited by S & J; July 27th, 2019 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Added a question

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That girl was worried because she couldn't eat wheat. She had to eat gluten free. I was trying to reassure you that no evidence indicates that you MUST eat wheat, that wheat in and of itself sways pink, and in fact we've gotten good results with people eating gluten free diets (because any time people change their diets to a more restrictive one, that can sway pink.) This doesn't mean wheat sways blue or that any pink swayers need to avoid it, just that she wasn't going to ruin her sway when she had to avoid it for her heath.

Yes science indicates timing does not sway.

How much fat are you eating? Just want to be sure you're having enough.

Wow 1:45 is much later than I generally recommend. I'd consider having a snack in the morning. Eating breakfast is no magic bullet it's just something that may help a little.

It's fine for you to have that big of meals.

You can have sugar during the 2WW. That's not how blood sugar works. The only people who need to avoid or limit sugar are PCOSers, those with insulin resistance, and those who have more than 30 lbs to spare. Saying we want to keep our BLOOD sugar low has nothing to do with eating sugar, it's about the amount of meals you eat in a day and you're already skipping snacks and breakfast.

Eat eggs and chicken if you need to. That is fine.

Yes it's fine to continue aerobics. The baby cannot be "shaken out". That is a myth.

No whatever you can sustain for an hour.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ohhh ok, thank you so much for answering all of my questions and reassuring me. You're a star.

I will carry on with my white bread, pasta and crackers but will avoid the non-fortified shredded wheat cereal just in case.

Fat isn't something I've been having a problem getting enough of. I have been having 30-40g as my level but more often than not it's between 35-42g. I have just been adding a bit of margarine or canola/rapeseed oil to my food. I have a chilli-infused one which I find helpful for adding a bit of flavour too.

Ok, I'll try adding something small in the morning, thanks Atomic. Maybe a crumpet or slice of toast would do, or some rice crackers. I'm not a coffee drinker (hate it) but have tried to force some of my Husband's coffee down a few times during the sway so far, lol.

That's great to know I can still have a few sweets with my meals as dessert as I tend towards a sweet tooth.

And glad to hear that I'm ok to carry on with my exercise as it stands. I like routine. Bit of a creature of habit.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, thank you again. Your help and support aids so many on here. I'm one of many who are really glad and thankful that you do that.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's my pleasure! I love helping you guys! Just let me know if there's anything more you need.