Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Improve egg quality whilst swaying pink

Hi,

I’ve been on the PCOS LE diet for three months now and taken Clomid each time. First time I fell pregnant, but miscarried two weeks later. Second time I took Myo-inositol to improve egg quality, but it totally messed up my cycle - delayed my ovulation (I would get a positive ovulation test one day and negative the next over a few days), and it shortened my luteal phase. Third time I had implantation (brown) spotting - which has been normal for me every time I’ve fallen pregnant, but started bleeding the next day.

I’m 42 and have had AMH, FSH etc all tested and all came back better than for my age, but I had a failed HT cycle where I had 12 eggs, 11 fertilised, 6 were 5AA quality and only one was normal which didn’t implant.

I’m on the PCOS LE diet. I’m vegan and gluten free. I have around 40g protein per day, 55-60g fat per day and walk for 1 hour a day, 5 days per week.

What can I do to improve egg quality whilst still swaying pink please?

2. Likes Daretodreampink liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    On the LE PCOS Diet you're meant to have 50-60 g protein which will effectively reduce carbs.

I think I've asked you this before (sorry) but are you vegan for ethical reasons or for the sway? How are you getting your protein? Too many carbs can mess with egg quality and vegan diets are carb heavy.

Can you please give me more info about your delayed ovulation and what you're talking about with the OPK? Getting a positive test for only a day is one variation of normal. How are you detecting your short LP?

I would not recommend Clomid for a woman of 42. Can you get Femara (letrozole) instead? Clomid can raise FSH to such extent that it can mess with egg quality.

Coq10 (ubiquinol) is said to help with egg quality so go ahead and add in 400 mg of that (wean off at BFP)

I want you on 2000 mcg folate (take thru entire first trimester of pregnancy then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then drop)

The most likely thing is that it's just age related and we have to wait for "Goldie the Golden Egg" to show up. YOu are likely still making good eggs, just not as often as when you were younger.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your quick response.

I can increase protein. I just have to work at it a bit more without taking protein powder, but I can do that.

I’m a long term vegan (8 years) for health reasons, not for swaying.

I only had the delayed ovulation when I took myo-inositol. I was getting a positive OPK, then negative, then positive, then negative, before I got a third positive and finally ovulated. That’s never happened before and didn’t happen the cycle after when I didn’t take it.

My LP is usually 9 days, but it was 7 days with the myo-inositol and again went back to normal when I stopped it.

I can only get Clomid. Do you think I shouldn’t take it despite my tests showing my FSH at normal levels? I can’t get Femara or Letrozole.

I have been taking 300mg of CoQ10 for about 6 months.

I take 1000mcg of folate, so I can double that.

I’m going to mix up my fats a bit more as I’ve been avoiding avocados and seeds, so I might reduce my other fats (nuts, hummus, olive oil) to add a little of those in. I just don’t want to jump into boy territory....

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok so it does absolutely sound like the myo caused more harm than good for sure.

I'm ok with you taking the Clomid if you're ok with it. I only mention it since the post is about boosting egg quality and that's a potential source of problems.

I definitely want you getting more like 65 g fat with that short LP. No reason to drop avocado and seeds.

Let's boost coq10 to 600 (assuming you're taking a 300mg pill)

Everything else is looking good. FXFXFX.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, I do want to keep taking the Clomid as I know how good it is for swaying pink.

Great - I’ll include some seeds and avocado within limits.

I’ll pick up my CoQ10 too.

Thank you!

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    good luck and pink dust!