Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Last Minute Girl Sway

Hello! I'm back!

Long backstory, but I am thinking about ttc in a few days, and then once more next month. Each time, I plan to do 1 attempt at O and J&D, which is what I did when I had my daughter. If both attempts do not work, it's not a problem and I will wait until next summer.

I haven't been preparing for a girl sway, and I need some advice since I have not had the chance to look at all the changed and updated information on this site since I was last ttc. If I were to try in a few days, what should I do besides one attempt at O? How long should I wait before J&D?

How often should DH release?

Are there any last minute diets for me or DH? I have been taking prenatals for about a month and just realized they sway blue!

Also, any advice on big no-no blue sway things to avoid would be great.

Thank you in advance! I really appreciate all the help on this forum and I can't help but think I owe it to this forum that I have my daughter.
    Last edited by sp17; August 8th, 2019 at 09:49 PM.
    7/16 11/16 5/17 3/18

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AS long as you just do one attempt that's the best strategy for a last minute sway.

There is nothing that's changed between 2017 and now. We had gotten things pretty well dialed in by then. I would definitely have you wean off the prenatals and go vegetarian but with such a short time on diet it's probably best not to take the chance of getting "control freaky" by tracking cals, protein, and fat.

I would have you wait 5 min. and do a J and D.

If hubby is under 35 have him abstain between now and your attempt and if he's over 35 have him release every day between now and your attempt. If you like, since this is a last minute thing, you may want to have him release once, dump it, then DTD again as quickly as he's able to using only the second batch for conception - but do be aware this may drastically cut odds of conception.

I would have you avoid female O, have hubby take a hot bath before BD. You could use antihistamine or jelly if you wanted to but I think that especially coupled with using the second batch as outlined above, that will cut odds of conception to nil and neither of those have worked for us anyway (but let me know if you want to.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for your reply. He is 34, so is abstaining for a few days or releasing twice back to back (only ttc with second batch) more effective? Abstaining and back to back releasing seems like opposite things to do, so I am not sure which route to take. I don't mind taking the risk of not conceiving at this point! I would rather just sway pink as much as possible.

If I quit prenatals, should I still take some plain folic acid supplements, or does that sway blue?
    7/16 11/16 5/17 3/18

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes please take folic acid or folate on its own.

Both abstain and daily release have about the same results over the course of time (which indicates they really aren't even doing anything, but most people do want to try them at the start, anyway, and since you're not doing anything else) I'd probably just have him abstain, it's going to be less stressful.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. I got the plain folic acid and quit the full prenatal. I've been reflecting on my general eating habits and although I've had red meat once per day for the last week or so, I've barely had any all summer. I'll have some chicken on the occasion I do have meat, but I don't have meat all the time. I don't have the healthiest diet honestly and eat a lot of bread and sugary sweets. I don't really eat cereal, but I don't drink coffee. I do snack especially during the summer but it's not super healthy stuff. I don't eat much after dinner and sometimes delay breakfast a couple hours, so maybe I fast more than I realized. I only weigh about 95lbs (been like this for years), so I don't naturally consume many calories anyways. I'm mostly worried about the prenatals I've been taking for a month or two.

Anyways I think I might just do the one attempt this month and give it a shot. I'm just trying not to stress about it since I know that's not favorable!
    7/16 11/16 5/17 3/18

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you wean off?? If not, please take a few more prenatals scattered over the next few weeks to be sure you don't shock your body too much.

Ok! Don't stress about stress, just go ahead and do the one attempt thi month! Good luck and pink dust!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,

I just wanted to update. I did not see your comment in time, so I did not wean off.

I got pregnant with the one attempt and now I'm just at 4 weeks. At 10 days after bd, my hcg was 7, then 2 days later at 33.9, and 2 days after that (just yesterday) at 116.7. My progesterone always struggled to stay over 20 in the past, and with my last pregnancy, I had to take progesterone when it dropped off to 11. Now, my progesterone is at 31 without meds!

My doctor noticed my quickly rising hcg and the progesterone being high for me, and he said twins are on his radar. I'm freaking out, and I hope it ends up being one healthy baby. I'll post updates.
    7/16 11/16 5/17 3/18

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope you're back on prenatals now!

Huge congrats on the healthy baby! Please don't read too much into the HCG/prog numbers, we regularly have docs and midwives say that, freaking everyone out, only to have a singleton on board anyway.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Update : at 5+1 my hcg has continued to more than triple, so I had an ultrasound and found 2 sacs different in size. The big one has a yolk and the small one doesn't. I've never taken fertility treatments, so this surprised me.

It seems like the small sac isn't going to make it. I'm just hoping that the other one will turn out healthy, regardless of gender. I do honestly think that having two eggs fertilized might have undone any sway, but I don't know why I feel that way. Also, I'm thinking it might not be accurate for me to do the progenity genetic and gender test at 10 weeks, so waiting even longer to find out about the health and gender will be difficult for me.

I'll continue to post updates.
    Last edited by sp17; September 5th, 2019 at 08:02 AM.
    7/16 11/16 5/17 3/18

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We sometimes forget but it is definitely possible to conceive twins without fertility treatments.

Can you explain why you think having two babies on board might undo your sway?? That is not how it works and we have by far and away more GG twins and BG twins (out of all proportion)

You can still do the test, but you'll have to go in knowing that the results might be misleading. Your doc's office will be better able to advise you there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast