Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One attempt?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

One attempt?

Hi all! We are maybe ttc this month. I don't do the diet due to eating disorder history, so I'm wondering if doing one attempt on its own is worth a try? Some background - my husband is 35, I'm 31. I conceived our boys quickly. I was taking Zyrtec and Sudafed when I conceived our second son, and our third was the result of hub's second batch. I also unintentionally jump and dump every time. I'm willing to try these things again, but maybe one attempt is more important? Has anyone else had luck with one attempt without doing the diet as well? Thanks!

Edited to add that I just stopped taking bcp this week. Does that sway at all?
    Last edited by Greydore; September 3rd, 2019 at 09:47 PM.
    due August 2021!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes me before i knew anything about swaying i conceived 4 boys and 2 girls, the first girl i have no idea about number of attempts but with the second girl (concieved after 3 boys in a row) my diet/lifestyle was no different than it had been with the boys but i know i only had 1 attempt because i fell ill right after it with a nasty stomach bug, i assumed that month was a wash-out but 2 weeks later bfp.
    you always have a chance at pink good luck and pink dust!!
    now 6blue5pink

3. Thanks Greydore thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much! My friend also had a girl with one attempt, but I’m not sure if I’m just having some confirmation bias.
    due August 2021!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    overall i've got 2 boys and 1 girl from 1 attempt while swaying pink but my non-swaying 1 attempt baby was a girl despite my diet/lifestyle being much more boy friendly at the time
    now 6blue5pink

6. Likes Greydore, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So interesting! I never planned to sway much, I love having boys and would be thrilled to have another. But dang if my oldest doesn’t want a sister! He even has a name picked out and wants to share his bunk bed with her, haha. I thought I should at least do something that might sway and one attempt seems easy.
    due August 2021!

8. Likes 4blue2pink, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes absolutely it is. That's my recommendation for anyone who can't do diet or doesn't have time to diet before the sway. Above all else do the one attempt if you can't do anything else.

Zyrtec hasn't worked, and I do not recommend Sudafed for women to take.

Coming off BCP does seem to sway pink, so it may help.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Likes Greydore liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Greydore View Post
    So interesting! I never planned to sway much, I love having boys and would be thrilled to have another. But dang if my oldest doesn’t want a sister! He even has a name picked out and wants to share his bunk bed with her, haha. I thought I should at least do something that might sway and one attempt seems easy.
    aww i totally understand wanting to give him a sister (love that he's named her!!) funnily enough i swayed pink for my last baby but had doubts about it as i wanted my youngest child to have a brother (he was born after 2 girls) and during the pregnancy those feelings intensified to the point i really wanted a boy for him! i went team green and was thrilled when baby came out a boy even though it meant my sway "failed"
    i would also go with 1 attempt in your situation, i hope your DS1 gets his sister but it sounds like either way you will be a very happy mama
    now 6blue5pink

12. Likes atomic sagebrush, Greydore liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on your new baby boy! And how nice that your little guy has a buddy now! Do you have any tips or advice on staying sane with a big family? I’m amazed at you ladies with lots of kids, I’ve always wanted a big family but the housework and mental load can be overwhelming (and I only have 3, lol).
    due August 2021!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! I think I do remember you saying that Zyrtec hasn’t worked. I have prescription Sudafed for severe allergies so that I always take (doctor is okay with it as long as I stop with bfp). How do you recommend timing the one attempt? I suck at identifying CM, so would ovulation strips and abstaining til a positive be the best option? I’ve never had much luck with them (multiple positives or no positive) so maybe a digital kit would be best? Thanks
    due August 2021!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Greydore View Post
    Congrats on your new baby boy! And how nice that your little guy has a buddy now! Do you have any tips or advice on staying sane with a big family? I’m amazed at you ladies with lots of kids, I’ve always wanted a big family but the housework and mental load can be overwhelming (and I only have 3, lol).
    Thankyou its funny all our kids are in gender blocks (4boys-2girls-2boys) and i think thats why i was so hung up on DS5 getting a little brother, for some reason the thought of him been the only boy stuck between 3 girls bothered me somehow.. probably because its just not what im used too!!
    large family wise we have the kids helping around the house, as soon as they are able they tidy their own rooms, put their own clothes away and we do a full tidy-up and hoover of downstairs each evening which they all help with (one of the older boys hoovers, the others all tidy up)
    i cook our meals but try to do as many slowcooker meals as i can, that way i prep it in the morning, throw it in the slowcooker and its ready for teatime and all i have to do come 5pm is make some mash potato or pasta/rice/veg to go with it.
    overall id say use having lots of helpers to your advantage yes large families create a LOT of mess/laundry etc but having so many pairs of hands around soon makes light work of it all if you delegate things to your team
    now 6blue5pink

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast