Thread: Help!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help!!

So I’ve been doing the e4d in the 73 pattern, but my husband wasn’t feeling up to it one day so we ended up having it be around 90 hrs between two bds. Anyway I found a few OPK insert sticks that came with my clear blue digital reader from last cycle, the one that shows you your 4 fertile days. I decided to use them even though we are doing e4d. I took one at like 3:30 and it was negative. I just took one around 10:00pm and it was positive. The last time we bd was Wednesday at 5am, so we can’t be again until sat at 5 am to be doing the e4d 72 hour. So my question is, is there a chance that the sperm from Wednesday could catch the egg? I know when you get a pos OPK you could not ovulate for 24-36 hrs so I’m hoping come Saturday morning it won’t be too late. Any guidance would be so greatly appreciated!6507E67E-A0DF-4DB9-A6E0-CB808D870437.jpeg
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that’s very possible! Sperm can live up to about 5 days. Assuming your ovulation will be tomorrow, the sperm has then lived for 3 days. So it’s very likely it can catch the egg.
    Single mom of 3 and done!

3. Likes Prayingforagirl67 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it is possible (that's why we do it that way, so you're always in with a chance). I would have the attempt early Saturday though, or even late tonight - so maybe stay up late and attempt tonight, would be my suggestion.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Likes Prayingforagirl67 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes it is possible (that's why we do it that way, so you're always in with a chance). I would have the attempt early Saturday though, or even late tonight - so maybe stay up late and attempt tonight, would be my suggestion.
    Are the odds of girl decent with a 67 ish hour pattern? I was worried at first of being too close to the boy pattern but if we dtd at midnight it would be 67 hours in between about.
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

7. Dislikes HopingForHairbows disliked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue-blue-pink View Post
    Yes that’s very possible! Sperm can live up to about 5 days. Assuming your ovulation will be tomorrow, the sperm has then lived for 3 days. So it’s very likely it can catch the egg.
    Thank you for your reply, I was so kicking myself for not waiting until night time Wednesday to have a smaller time frame between our attempt and ovulation!
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to add another response to this but hubby had a migraine last night so we didn’t get our attempt in until 3:00 this morning. So it ended up being 70 hours between attempts.
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Prayingforagirl67 View Post
    Are the odds of girl decent with a 67 ish hour pattern? I was worried at first of being too close to the boy pattern but if we dtd at midnight it would be 67 hours in between about.
    The entire reason I call e4d e4d instead of "every 72 hours" is to avoid this type of question. The number of hours specifically does not matter. If it's a little shy of 72 or a little more than 72 it doesn't matter. What matters is the e4d The ONLY reason I mention the number of hours is only to help you guys understand what I mean by e4d. If it helps you to think of it as "Monday/Thursday" please do that instead.

There is no earthly way I could accumulate statistics on 67, 68, 69, 70, etc hours between intercourse rounds!!!! There is no magic to the 72 hours, I just want you to have sex in a pattern so the attempts fall O-3 and O Day OR O-4 and O-1 OR O-5 and O-2. But that is a lot of explaining!!! so I shorten it to e4d, and people get confused, so I say 72 hours, but that's only an illustration and not meant as strict directions.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; September 15th, 2019 at 03:04 PM.

11. Likes Prayingforagirl67 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The entire reason I call e4d e4d instead of "every 72 hours" is to avoid this type of question. The number of hours specifically does not matter. If it's a little shy of 72 or a little more than 72 it doesn't matter. What matters is the e4d The ONLY reason I mention the number of hours is only to help you guys understand what I mean by e4d. If it helps you to think of it as "Monday/Thursday" please do that instead.

There is no earthly way I could accumulate statistics on 67, 68, 69, 70, etc hours between intercourse rounds!!!! There is no magic to the 72 hours, I just want you to have sex in a pattern so the attempts fall O-3 and O Day OR O-4 and O-1 OR O-5 and O-2. But that is a lot of explaining!!! so I shorten it to e4d, and people get confused, so I say 72 hours, but that's only an illustration and not meant as strict directions.

Ohhhh ok! That makes sense, I thought that a certain amount of hours was more favourable. That response sums it all up then, thank you for the clarification. I am however going to just go by the non/thurs, it’s easier then counting hours and making sure I remember times, it was a tad bit of a pain Tom remember what time we dtd while we were half asleep lol
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Even if it was, we would have no way to get a realistic body of data on something so random like that. We'd have sample sizes of 2 and 3 people (meaningless.) It is also really highly unlikely that given that swaying probably works because it confers a benefit for survival of babies somehow, that whether someone had sex 2 or 3 hours apart made any difference at all. I know it's also hard to understand why having lots of sex vs. one attempt could help, but it's theoretically because it sends that message to your body that there's a man around to take care of the baby (which favors boys) rather than not (girls are more likely to survive when there's not a man in the picture, for reasons we aren't sure of)

I also think it's easier to think of it as Monday Thursday, but then I had people just continuing on forever on those days. There seems to be no way to explain it so everyone understands.

14. Likes Prayingforagirl67 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Even if it was, we would have no way to get a realistic body of data on something so random like that. We'd have sample sizes of 2 and 3 people (meaningless.) It is also really highly unlikely that given that swaying probably works because it confers a benefit for survival of babies somehow, that whether someone had sex 2 or 3 hours apart made any difference at all. I know it's also hard to understand why having lots of sex vs. one attempt could help, but it's theoretically because it sends that message to your body that there's a man around to take care of the baby (which favors boys) rather than not (girls are more likely to survive when there's not a man in the picture, for reasons we aren't sure of)

I also think it's easier to think of it as Monday Thursday, but then I had people just continuing on forever on those days. There seems to be no way to explain it so everyone understands.

Sorry I’ve been MIA, busy couple of weeks. That’s totally understandable, it is such a small difference that it wouldn’t make any sense! There’s so many aspects of swaying and why things works it so over whelming!

I’ve just stuck to the non Thursday thing, it’s better then not picking and tracking hours! Thank you for taking the time to explain it out!
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post