Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy Too much replens = boyfriendly?

Hi atomic,
    I‘ve read your guide on replens & rephresh and it all makes sense to me. I wish I had read it earlier. But there‘s one little thing that is still unclear to me and I would like to get your opinion on it:

I am pretty dry since going LE, so I used replens for our attempt (a lot of replens... a whole applicator an hour before BD) and also some more 20 min after...
    Now I didn’t quite understand whether we‘re not supposed to use so much replens because the sperm will most likely die, or if it sways boy because the vagina tries to fight the acidity by producing more alkaline cm??

Thank you!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Madchen, please give me a day or two to reply before bumping your post. It makes your post go back to the top of my "new posts" and actually makes it take longer to get your answer.

The real reason not to use so much Replens is because it kills all the sperm.

Some people do react to Replens and make a lot of CM to try and wash it away. Since Replens is not buffered like RepHresh, this can cause a pH spike. I prefer RepHresh since it keeps working to lower pH even after the first application. But none of the jellies have worked (we have same amounts of boys and girls with and without them) and so we are using them less and less nowadays.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, I‘m new here I‘ll keep that in mind.
    Thank you for your response.

I guess I‘ll just have to wait and see then. Didn’t expect to get pg this month.
    I checked my ph before BD (about an hour after inserting it) and after and it was fine, so I hope I at least didn‘t sway boy with this amount of replens...

Just wanted to let you know that I e-mailed the company and they replied that replens does not change ph at all and that some claim that replens even improves sperm motility, which sways boy, right? Same for rephresh, despite the fact that it lowers ph. But they lack a proper study.

I wish I haven‘t used it at all 😔

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No need to apologize, I just want you lovely ladies to get your answer as quick as I can get it to you!

I think the company is fibbing a little. People on Ingender have tested the pH of Replens (if I recall, they have an article about it on Ingender) and every jelly tested (even the ones designed to aid in conception) actually reduced sperm motility when studied. I have not seen a study that specifically mentioned Replens, but if not even Preseed, which was designed to help sperm swim, helps motility, I very much doubt Replens does. Not to mention our experience has been that the jellies really reduce odds of conception considerably.

Please don't worry about using the jelly. Our results show they don't seem to sway pink or blue. If they swayed blue, I would not keep them around. The only reason I still tolerate them (since they don't work and cut odds of conception) is that they don't seem to affect a sway at all!

The worst that could possibly happen is that you won't get pregnant this month.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much!
    You eased my mind a little. I got a BFP already and panicked when I read that too much replens could possibly sway boy.
    I also doubt that the answer I got from the company is right, because in the product information it says that replens helps lowering ph, so how can it do so without changing ph?
    Oh and I also found a video where sperm was shown under the microscope before & after replens. Most of the swimmers died, so I guess it does lower the sperm count a little. Hope I won‘t regret the replens, but even if it doesn‘t sway girl, I hope that low calorie and nutrients +only one attempt in the fertile window give me a chance for a daughter.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that's part of the way they even market the stuff - they say it lowers pH and helps prevent recurrent vaginal infections, so it's quite strange that they'd give you such an answer!

Good luck and pink dust headed your way!