Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Advice needed following second chemical pregnancy

Hi. I started swaying Jan. Have had two chemical pregnancies since March. I had mirena removed in feb& no real period for the years I had it. I’m wondering if I’ve an implantation issue? I’m wondering how I can improve uterine lining without compromising sway? I’d be grateful for any advice. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tell me more about your cycle and your diet.

Weirdness after getting the Mirena removed is not at all unusual but that having been said the most common reason for chemicals by far is a chromosomal abnormality with either egg, sperm, or something that went wrong very early on (which unfortunately there's no real fix for...people take some supplements which probably do little to nothing, and just have better luck with their next conceptions)

But since there's been two I do want to rule out as much as we can, any issues with implantation/lining.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. I really don’t know what to do.

Prior to mirena I had a regular 29 day cycle despite having endometriosis. I had chemical the cycle it was removed (positive test at 10dpo& period that night that lasted 3 days). Skipped next cycle& it was a 32 day cycle which ended with a 3/4day period. This cycle ovulated on approx day 19, positive at 10dpo& miscarriage at 5 weeks 2 days. Period lasted 2 days.

I wonder if I’m deficient in progesterone? I’ve been doing LE since 1st Jan. Stopped tracking nutrients after first few weeks. When I was tracking I was always low on protein but meeting requirements for cals & fat. I eat small amount of meat 1-2 times a week, caffeine daily, glass of wine 5/6 nights a week, 3 meals a day with at least 12 hour fast& no snacking. I’ve lost 10lbs in the 5.5months. I still eat a treat or two daily but only with meals. I exercise weekly but usually 2-4 times for an hour. For that reason I’ve been careful to keep protein low.

I’ve been reading lots on diet to improve uterine lining& fear that the alcohol, coffee, low nutrient diet means I’m destined for more chemicals. Im struggling with will power in recent weeks& finding I’m starting to eat larger treats& more meat& have snacked on the occasional day. Since starting diet I find I’m not eating as well as diet means not snacking on fruit, yoghurt during day. I’ve low energy many days& lost libido. Any advice would be superb.

Thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That doesn't sound like the type of thing we see with low progesterone. With truly low progesterone you make it only to CD 7-8 and then get your period.

At about 7 DPO your body should produce a burst of estrogen that should maintain the lining long enough to allow implantation to fully occur, so losses after that point are really more likely to be estrogen related (rarely) OR much, much more common, just that something wasn't going quite right with development and so your body detected that and ended the pregnancy.

Please be sure you are getting at least 40-50 g protein. This is non-negotiable.

We have everyone on this type of diet and are not getting any more chemicals than the population as a whole.

What I do want you to do is this:

Be sure you're getting 1500-1800 cals daily
    Increase protein and fat to 50-60 g
    Drop fiber if you were using it
    Eat 1 serv. of full fat dairy daily and 4-6 eggs a week, plus one serving of salmon if you like it, red meat if you don't, per week.
    Full fat dairy only, no skim.
    If you were eating 2 meals, go to 3, I think that will help a lot with your energy level.

I do not think the alcohol or coffee (provided you're only having 1-2 serv. of alcohol, and 3 serv coffee max) has anything to do with your losses. I suspect that it's bad luck combined with possible low estrogen so we'll make those changes to be sure your body has enough raw materials to make both progesterone and estrogen (so even if you are not convinced about progesterone, the solution is the same for both).

5. Thanks PinkLady thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. Will work on the changes. I very much hope it’s bad luck. Having a plan is useful, at a minimum increased protein will make diet easier to stick too.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic. I’m looking for some advice please. Have had a number of unsuccessful cycles since 2 chemicals. Gynecologist has diagnosed thin uterine lining (was 4.7) on day 13 of cycle. Hycosy was clear. Was prescribed cyclogest to take from day 14-28. Period has been more normal since (4-5 days). Dr has now prescribed clomid, monitored cycle with trigger shot and some bloods but I’m hesitant to do it mainly due to risk of multiples (& concern re lining). My preference is to continue cyclogest, try build lining naturally& try naturally for another month or two. While increasing chances of having a daughter would be amazing I would struggle with anxiety of potentially having multiples and the consequences of this. My husband is happy with our two and is agreeing to a third only as it’s important to me. Having twins/ triplets would put huge pressure on our relationship & finances.

What would you recommend? Are there supplements I can take that won’t jeopardize sway? I’ve upped my protein intake significantly in recent months and I’m generally trying to keep a more balanced diet. Holding steady on weight after loosing 10lbs. In healthy BMI range. I continue to eat 3 meals, no snacking, coffee, alcohol and some exercise. In my 5 previous pregnancies I conceived within 1/2 months.

Thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How much fat are you getting?? When situations like this arise, people up protein, but it is FAT that helps with the lining.

Are you still taking fiber? If so drop it.

What day are you ovulating?? You can't just take Cyclogest on specific days, it needs to be begun after ovulation has occurred!! If you haven't ovulated and start Cyclogest on a particular day

Can they not give you some estrogen support for the lining?? Cyclogest after ovulation will do precisely nothing for a thin lining - it will just make it hang on till CD 28 and then you stop it and have a bleed, but that doesn't mean the lining is good enough to sustain a pregnancy. The lining is formed before ovulation and so you need something to make the lining better BEFORE ovulation.

ARe they having you stop Cyclogest CD 28 without a pregnancy test?? If you're pregnant you would need to continue it and stopping suddenly at that point could trigger a miscarriage.

My thinking would be for you to do estrogen support and Clomid. But if that isn't in your heart to do then it's fine to hold off and try naturally a little longer. But we need to be sure they're treating what is going on with you. Cyclogest is basically a placebo approach - it's been shown in some very good studies that it doesn't help anyone get or stay pregnant, so I hate to see you relyng on that to help when it very likely won't.

Please let me know about the fat intake because that's my main suspect here.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Advice needed following second chemical pregnancy

Thanks for reply Atomic. I stopped tracking a good while ago. I tended to be eating between 30& 60g per day but generally around 50g. No fiber.

For the first 3 months on cyclogest I was taking it from day 10& ovulated around day 18. This month I took it from day 14& ovulated the same day. Would taking it before ovulation negatively impact implantation? Dr said while cyclogest doesn’t help grow lining it fluffs it& estrogen supplements are more complicated to take. I was advised to take pregnancy test on day 28 but most months I’ve got my period the day I was due to test or before (as early as day 25).

I’m on cd 2 today. Do you recommend I do/ take anything additional this cycle? I assume estrogen would need to be started on cd1. I take folate only. The last 3 months have been using the every 4 day method and attempts have not been closer than 0-2.

Last edited by PinkLady; September 23rd, 2019 at 06:00 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have literally never heard of a doctor prescribing it prior to ovulation. If you're ovulating on it, I guess that's your call to make, but (keeping in mind I am not a doctor) the medication is given after ovulation because it can stop ovulation (since your body interprets progesterone as meaning you are after ovulation, it typically ceases to make the hormones that trigger ovulation.

I've never seen this before, but that's because doctors are so very careful not to prescribe it prior to ovulation. So this is not an arena I feel knowledgeable enough to guide you.

I want you to be sure you're getting more like 50-60 fat and at least one serving of full fat dairy a day.

If you're ready, I would go ahead and add in an additional attempt at first positive OPK (while continuing on with e4d). ARe you continuing to have attempts after you think you've ovulated? If not, do. Also, spend part of the time after intercourse laying on your stomach instead of your back, and if you guys were doing hot baths, tight underwear, and shallow release for DH please discontinue those things.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. I now wonder if I ovulated at all in recent months. I stopped using clear blue digital opk as I was getting odd results (low fertility or just flashy) despite getting positives on wondfo. At last consult I was advised to change cyclogest to day 14. Will follow advice given. I plan to try naturally for another 1/2 months and perhaps seek consult with a different gynae. Thanks again.

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post