Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Breakfast Ideas for LE PCOS - gf and df

Hey ladies,

Any suggestions and tips for breakfasts for those on LE for PCOS diet?
    I'm gluten free (for myself) and dairy free (for my nursling).
    I'm on metformin 3x a day I can't skip breakfast altogether but I am delaying it.
    I would usually have 2x pieces of toast, one with peanut butter one with a sweet spread with a little margarine.
    Or, brown rice porridge OR high fibre cereal of some type, with coconut milk substitute. I hear cereal is not good for swaying pink.
    Occasionally I have eggs but on school days things are usually rushed.

I would love to have some dairy for breakfast! I will add it back when I can although my GP said dairy is no good for PCOS, I presume as its inflammatory
    2013 2017 2018 2019 2020 2023

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The GP is wrong about full fat dairy. They had people avoid dairy for years with PCOS, but that was at the height of the skim dairy craze. Skim dairy is terrible for blood sugar, so when people were having skim dairy or even part skim, it did have a negative effect on their blood sugar, but full fat dairy is much much better tolerated (and will be LOADS better for PCOS than gluten free breads, which are often quite carby, not to mention the peanut butter and jelly-type-toppings) The toast is ok (especially since you're on the metformin) but just to give you some other options:

Some cheese ****s or full fat yogurt/fruit (even with a bit of sugar in it, will likely still be far less carby than toast) A half-cup of nuts is also a good way to go when you're running around in a rush.

Coconut milk replacer is ok too provided it's not super carby (some of them are like having a milkshake due to added sugar)

The brown rice porridge should be ok as it's only lightly fortified. I prefer you guys avoid cold cereals as they have tons of added nutrients in them. Most people do wish to avoid regular oat-based porridge as there is a chemical in oats that may raise testosterone a bit, but honestly you'd have to eat loads of the stuff for it to have an effect (and we don't even know that testosterone levels sway pink anyway!)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you that is good to know Re dairy. If I can do yoghurt, what sort of fat percentage would you like to see?
    Greek is all the rage at the moment so there are alot of high fat options. I have been having coconut yoghurt but its like 14.7% fat I think it will blow far too much of my fat allowance for the day.

The coconut 'milk' is good I think - 2.1% fat, 0.3% carbs, 0.2% protein.

The gf bread I usually use has (in 2 slices) 5.5g fat, 2.2g protein, 28.3g carbs (1.1g sugar), 3.1g fibre (from psyllium and flax). 128calories
    The highfibre cranberry cereal I have has (in 50g) 3.5g fat, 4.1g protein, 30g carbs (5.1g sugar, 3g resistant fibre), 7.8g fibre total. 183 calories

In New Zealand, our breads and cereals aren't really that fortified - some are but mostly within the big main****** brands. We don't have mandatory fortification with folic acid here either so the standard dose for pregnancy is 800mcg where in Australia and the UK its 400mcg.
    Is it the fortification and the amount of sugar in cereal that is the issue for swaying blue do you think? Especially if adding skim milk? If I can do yoghurt I will aim to mostly have fruit/yog/seeds within my daily limits.
    2013 2017 2018 2019 2020 2023

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Full fat dairy only. I think it's like 3-5% fat when it's full fat.

If your cereal is not fortified it's ok to eat it. We believe it's the fortification that sways blue. (but it also may be somewhat coincidental that scientists found this, as people who eat cereal also eat breakfast and it may have been more of a breakfast thing and less a cereal thing.)

If need be, you can up the fat allowance by 5 g to allow yourself to have the full fat stuff. With PCOS we do not want you having the super high carbs that the standard LE Dieters have.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks Kiwimaz thanked for this post