Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gained weight ttc girl success?

This might be a silly question.. but are there any stats of women going to conceive a girl from not losing weight. I feel like I have gained quite a bit in the last two months and I'm ready to attempt but scared because of the weight gain. I have not exercised and I feel like this might be that deal breaker? Anyone go on to conceive a girl even though they personally gained weight?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear nyc0404,

I honestly don't remember if I gained weight right before conceiving but I know that I didn't manage to shed any weight from my first pregnancy a year before TTC and still gained more in the beginning of breast feeding. What I do know for sure, however, is that I did not exercise; that's just so not me and I would have never been able to stick to it.
    Still I got my DD :-))))))
    I had a few other factors on my side though, most of all old age and Femara, and I did do the diet (but full fat dairy due to troubles conceiving).

I'd wait and see what Atomic says. If she recommends or doesn't recommend sth, I'd follow it religiously :-)

Lots of pink baby dust your way

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFullofHope View Post
    Dear nyc0404,

I honestly don't remember if I gained weight right before conceiving but I know that I didn't manage to shed any weight from my first pregnancy a year before TTC and still gained more in the beginning of breast feeding. What I do know for sure, however, is that I did not exercise; that's just so not me and I would have never been able to stick to it.
    I had a few other factors on my side though, most of all old age and Femara, and I did do the diet (but full fat dairy due to troubles conceiving).

I'd wait and see what Atomic says. If she recommends or doesn't recommend sth, I'd follow it religiously :-)

Thank you! I've been trying the diet but a lot of cheats days and couldn't do the vegetarian ..the only thing I guarantee is the one attempt .but I'm scared all other things are boy friendly

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We can't keep stats on everything but YES I promise, weight gain/loss has not been terribly predictive of whose sways work out and whose don't. Plenty of exceptions going evry which way. We have both opposites for pink AND blue swayers who lost/gained weight as suggested in the diets, and successes even in those who didn't. BUT that having been said, in many cases there were some extenuating circumstances such as LE Dieters who had lost too much and regained some to restore ovulation having successful sways anyway (probably because they were still depleted), and HE Dieters who gained a massive amount of weight and then lost some having successful sways (probably because they weren't depleted despite losing some weight since they'd gained so much) and HE Dieters who over my strenuous objection, gained massive amounts of weight eating super unhealthy mostly-carb and bad fat diets like Rice Krispies and rice milk, iceberg lettuce salads, and McDonalds burgers and fries every day (because they'd been told by other sites that eating lots of sodium and no calcium was the way to get a boy) getting opposites even tho they'd gained because their diets were so lousy

So, long story short, I still recommend some weight loss for pink swayers, gain for blue swayers, even though this hasn't been in any way a magic bullet.

What do you mean exactly by "gained quite a bit"? The real concern with gaining weight on LE Diet is that you are possibly not following the right type of diet for you - if you're eating a bunch of empty carbs and gaining weight, this might mean you needed to be on the alternate diet and I'd hesitate to proceed if you've gained weight because your body is not good at handling high carb diet, since that may inadvertently sway blue for you.

Exercise is one of our best tactics, although I got my girl without it. What is your timeline on trying?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc0404 View Post
    Thank you! I've been trying the diet but a lot of cheats days and couldn't do the vegetarian ..the only thing I guarantee is the one attempt .but I'm scared all other things are boy friendly

It's not important to be a vegetarian, as long as you're in the limits. The main reason we do vegetarian is because it makes it easier to stick in the limits.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFullofHope View Post
    Dear nyc0404,

If I recall there was also another factor to your conception which we have found to be pink friendly, it's not my place to share what that was, of course, but there was another fairly unusual thing we've had practically all girls conceived in, albeit with a small sample size.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I gained like two pounds before I conceived my DD after losing then I upped my calories because I was having issues and wanted to get pregnant, trying to stick to diet as much as you can with one attempt. Nothing is guaranteed anyway but swaying helps odds. I’m on diet 12 weeks lost a few pounds I was pregnant earlier this year but still can’t get back down to the weight I wanted.
    DS *11/07*
    DD *03/09*
    DS *01/14*
    DD *11/16*

Praying for one more Daughter

I am so thankful and blessed!

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone

Atomic : I was following the LE diet but then the last 2 months were horrible.. constant meat eating, snacking, mcdonalds.. sugary stuff.. everything that is not LE but I'm going to do one attempt tonight and just pray. Hubby on the other hand is vegetarian and has stuck to that for about a month and he's been working out so if there are more changes on him than me LOL!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok so as long as it was explained, then that's less concerning to me than if you were on LE Diet and just mysteriously gaining. Good luck and pink dust!

12. Likes charlielous07 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Same boat here with the weight dilemma! Good luck to all! Would love to know some of the more obscure things atomic may have noticed over the years!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast