Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do symptoms have anything to do with gender

Since before my sister in law found out she was having a girl my mom was swearing it’d be a girl because of how sick she was and that she had no appetite. Where as my aunt who is having a boy had no sickness. I had a little with my son but nothing terrible. And now I’m wishing for morning sickness when the time comes. D:
    Has anyone on here had no morning sickness and a normal appetite go on to have a girl? Everyone I talk to swears up and down that girls make you sick and less hungry.
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My friend recently had a boy and she had such bad morning sickness (vomiting all the time) that everyone was convinced she is having a girl but no - a boy it was! Everyone is different!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks Prayingforagirl67 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdtimelucky01 View Post
    My friend recently had a boy and she had such bad morning sickness (vomiting all the time) that everyone was convinced she is having a girl but no - a boy it was! Everyone is different!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My mother in law recently said the same thing. She was so sure my brother in law was a girl because of how horribly sick she was. Thank you for the input, it’s nice to hear others experiences with their pregnancies!
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had TERRIBLE morning sickness and no appetite with both of my boys! It has nothing to do with gender. That’s just an old wives tale!

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Prayingforagirl67 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had no vomit sickness with my girl! just food aversions and nausea , same with my sister and she had girl too!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ive been sick with all 9 pregnancies but the worst by far was my first baby-a boy, my least sick pregnancy was my 3rd daughter. its an old wives tale, every pregnancy is different its nothing to do with gender.
    now 6blue5pink

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, this has been completely and thoroughly debunked. Normal, run of the mill morning sickness is NOT worse or in any way different in those carrying girls vs. boys.

In the case of hyperemesis gravidarum studies found that between 2-3% more women carrying girls than boys. That means that 47-48% of those with HG are STILL having boys!

My mother had mostly girls and never had morning sickness. In fact, she told me it was psychological (!) Imagine my surprise with my first baby boy when I threw up every day for 2 months straight! I had terrible morning sickness with DS 1,3,4 and mild queasiness with DS 2 and my daughter. In fact my pregnancies with DS 2 and my daughter were the most similar, the 3 boys were all totally different from each other and those two!

I have gotten this question in about every form you can imagine and studies aside, I promise this is NOT a thing. Symptoms cannot predict gender because the Y chromosome is totally asleep till into the 10th week, and even when it "wakes up" the baby is producing only a fraction of the testosterone it will make later in pregnancy. All those symptoms people have are due to your body adjusting to being pregnant and nothing to do with the gender you are pregnant with.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    No, this has been completely and thoroughly debunked. Normal, run of the mill morning sickness is NOT worse or in any way different in those carrying girls vs. boys.

In the case of hyperemesis gravidarum studies found that between 2-3% more women carrying girls than boys. That means that 47-48% of those with HG are STILL having boys!

My mother had mostly girls and never had morning sickness. In fact, she told me it was psychological (!) Imagine my surprise with my first baby boy when I threw up every day for 2 months straight! I had terrible morning sickness with DS 1,3,4 and mild queasiness with DS 2 and my daughter. In fact my pregnancies with DS 2 and my daughter were the most similar, the 3 boys were all totally different from each other and those two!

I have gotten this question in about every form you can imagine and studies aside, I promise this is NOT a thing. Symptoms cannot predict gender because the Y chromosome is totally asleep till into the 10th week, and even when it "wakes up" the baby is producing only a fraction of the testosterone it will make later in pregnancy. All those symptoms people have are due to your body adjusting to being pregnant and nothing to do with the gender you are pregnant with.

Thank you for this response atomic! I keep thinking when I get pregnant if I’m not sick I’ll have everyone and their mom saying it’s a boy. With my first miscarriage I was ravenous and everyone that knew about it was constantly saying “well 2 boys it is for you!” My whole family takes the old wives tales as fact. And I’m not prepared for it the next time around, especially when you have a gender desire (they feel like you shouldn’t have a desire for one gender over another)
    It’s nice seeing all of the responses on this post! It definitely helps!
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post