Thread: opk lines color

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

opk lines color

Hi

I'm reflecting one my attempt last week and I remember I had a positive opk in the morning and the lines got darker that night which I bd, however the next morning it wasn't as dark almost getting lighter..does that indicate I ovulated? Or could I have ovulated a few days later and the change in color of those lines dont matter?

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A positive opk means 12-24 hours later you will have your ovulation.
    I really don’t understand what it would mean when it gets lighter within 12-24 hours.
    Single mom of 3 and done!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The rate at which your lines go negative doesn't tell you if you ovulated or not, unfortunately. While the surge and ovulation are linked, they're linked more like your body sending a message to itself to do something, and then it does the thing on its own timeline. The OPK measures ONLY the surge (the message) and NOT the ovulation (the thing it's doing).
    So it's possible to have a positive for days after ovulation if your body takes a while to clear out the hormones, and it's equally possible to have your test have gone negative before you've even ovulated, because your body got the message and cleared out the hormone even though it hadn't completed the task yet.

That's all very confusing, so to put it in concrete terms, it's like your boss wants you to call Cleveland, so they put a Post It note on your door to that effect. Maybe you take the note down and call immediately. But maybe you call immediately and leave the note up for a few days because you forget to take it down. Maybe you take the note down and don't call for a few days. Maybe the note falls off and you forget to call (the test goes back to negative again, but ovulation still hasn't occurred.) Maybe you leave the note up and forget to call totally (this is what happens when people get days of positive OPK and ovulation never happens.)

The message and the act of ovulation are two separate events and the OPK only measures the message!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The rate at which your lines go negative doesn't tell you if you ovulated or not, unfortunately. While the surge and ovulation are linked, they're linked more like your body sending a message to itself to do something, and then it does the thing on its own timeline. The OPK measures ONLY the surge (the message) and NOT the ovulation (the thing it's doing).
    So it's possible to have a positive for days after ovulation if your body takes a while to clear out the hormones, and it's equally possible to have your test have gone negative before you've even ovulated, because your body got the message and cleared out the hormone even though it hadn't completed the task yet.

That's all very confusing, so to put it in concrete terms, it's like your boss wants you to call Cleveland, so they put a Post It note on your door to that effect. Maybe you take the note down and call immediately. But maybe you call immediately and leave the note up for a few days because you forget to take it down. Maybe you take the note down and don't call for a few days. Maybe the note falls off and you forget to call (the test goes back to negative again, but ovulation still hasn't occurred.) Maybe you leave the note up and forget to call totally (this is what happens when people get days of positive OPK and ovulation never happens.)

The message and the act of ovulation are two separate events and the OPK only measures the message!
    Thank you Atomic...that seriously just put things into perspective. .you are the best

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post