Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Femara, breastfeeding or breastfeeding with clomid

Hi there! I still don’t have my cycles back so this is really for planning purposes. I’m curious to see which you think is best, femara, breastfeeding or trying to get clomid while breastfeeding. I’m confident I can get the femara again but that means I’d have to stop breastfeeding and I know breastfeeding is a great sway tactic as well so I’m just conflicted about which would sway the best ��
    Also, I haven’t gotten clomid from my doctor in the past but I’m confident he’d probably give it to me if I asked.
    Last edited by Pretty; October 23rd, 2019 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Typo

2. Likes MrsEnglish liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also I’m 34
    Do we know how safe it is to take clomid while breastfeeding? I got my DD with femara so I’m pretty scared to try without it.
    Last edited by Pretty; October 23rd, 2019 at 09:10 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The reason people say you can't use Femara when breastfeeding is because it can't be used when taken daily in the long term as a cancer remedy. Taking Femara for 5 days for fertility is NOT the same thing, and it's not done only because it hasn't been tested.

But that having been said there's no reason not to use Clomid. Your age indicates that Clomid would work well for you and it doens't need to be Femara to work.

As for safety, it's the same scenario as the Femara. They can't truly test it in humans just in case it's harmful. But here's the thing - you're taking the medication for only 5 days. It might block estrogen for a short time in a nursing child and then it goes away. You can also take it at night last thing and then have the option to not nurse till the next day, which may cut down on exposure.

The thing that's so strange to me about medication and safety is that I will see people show up here (regularly) taking massive amounts of nutrients, herbs, seaweeds, drinking wheatgrass juice and gallons of aspartame, other medications, all sorts of stuff while nursing and have no qualms about that, but then have paranoia about Clomid 5 days out of a month. (I'm not saying it's you, just that it's strange to me). I can't give you a study and say "this proves safety" because as we all know, even if I had one, studies are overturned pretty much on a daily basis, LOL. All I can say is that in my research, my observation, and common sense, I believe Clomid/Femara to be safe when nursing once a baby is a year old or so, anyway, and I'd take it myself.

But I can't tell you what sways more. I just don't have that kind of information.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks Pretty thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Perfect!! Thank you so much!! As soon as I have a sign that my cycles are starting up I will contact my OBGYN!

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again!! Another quick question....

Which do you think is more likely to get me clomid while breastfeeding (my doctor gave me femara right away last time)

1. Telling dr I’ve been trying to conceive again with no luck and don’t plan to quit breastfeeding anytime soon

2. Telling dr I need my period ASAP so that I can start trying to conceive.

The truth is I still don’t have a period and I don’t plan to quit breastfeeding

I’d like these kiddos to be close in age and I’m definitely not getting any younger lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My doctor would only prescribe Clomid to me while breastfeeding. He mentioned Femara not being safe while nursing, especially with boys (not sure if this applies to you).

I took Clomid while breastfeeding and my supply was just fine. I was able to nurse my DS3 for 6 more months before needing to wean him at 19-20 weeks pregnant.

Good luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! Do you know which scenario a doctor would be most willing to give it to me? (Telling dr I’ve been unsuccessful or asking for it to bring back cycles)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Typically telling them you have tried to conceive for over a year, if you are 35yr or older, will allow them to do bloodwork and prescribe Clomid. I was given Clomid due to my bloodwork showing hormonal discrepancies with my normal follicle count. Some doctors will just prescribe it based on telling them you have been unsuccessful with conceiving, while others want to do a complete work up beforehand. Remember, while this does sway pink, LE diet 12+ weeks, BDing E4D or one attempt at positive opk, cardio only exercise sway just as well.

Good luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Thanks Pretty thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!! Ya... that’s the rub, DD is 10 months so I’d have to hold off if I go that route (saying I’ve been trying for a year)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty View Post
    Hi again!! Another quick question....

Which do you think is more likely to get me clomid while breastfeeding (my doctor gave me femara right away last time)

1. Telling dr I’ve been trying to conceive again with no luck and don’t plan to quit breastfeeding anytime soon

2. Telling dr I need my period ASAP so that I can start trying to conceive.

The truth is I still don’t have a period and I don’t plan to quit breastfeeding

I’d like these kiddos to be close in age and I’m definitely not getting any younger lol
    If you haven't had your period you can't just take the Clomid without your doctor's informed input. So you'd need your doc to be in the loop that you haven't had your period due to breastfeeding so they can run tests to be sure you're not about to ovulate, because taking the medication at the wrong part of the cycle can cause a cyst to form or you could even be pregnant and that's obviously what we're trying to prevent doing!

I would just be totally upfront because we'd need them to do that bloodwork and either give you the goahead based on test results (if you're at the right part of the cycle you don't technically need to have a bleed before taking medication) or else they'll want you to do Provera to trigger a bleed and then have you take it. We'd need them in the loop for either of those things since you're not getting your period.

The trick is, they may say no. They may tell you to wean first, etc, and then you are going to have to decide what you want to do in that case. But sometimes they do cooperate, so it's no harm in asking as long as you can do it politely LOL and accept their judgement whtever that may be.

TLDR - if not getting your period you need your doc to know that so they can run appropriate tests before taking the Clomid
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

15. Thanks Pretty thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast