Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

5 Day cut off and pregnant?!

My apologies if this was posted early. I had written it and then his post, but I think it maybe didn't work? Sorry if I am repeating myself and please atomic feel free to delete my other post

I just took the First Response 6 Days sooner pregnancy test....and it's positive! A very faint line but a positive test non the less! I am shocked and shaking as I write this. Stunned. The reason being that I am so shocked is, my hubby and I had one attempt on CD 10 of my cycle (and no BD for thee weeks prior to this). My past several cycles I had been getting positive OPK's on CD 11. Well this cycle I suddenly got a positive peak on CD 14, meaning I most likely ovulated CD 15. I thought my chances of conceiving were very very slim with a 5 day cut off. I can't believe it. Has this happened to anyone else?! I know it's early days yet, as my period isn't due till end of week, so we'll see if the little one is a sticky bean.

In regards to my sway, I didn't do the diet anywhere near I had hoped. Going over on fats (I eat a lot of nuts and seeds) and indulging in things like pizza and nachos here and there. Chocolate too. The things I did do solid forms sway was my exercise and skipping breakfast 99% of the time. Lots of coffee too with a splash of unsweetened almond milk. I did one hour of cardio 6-7 days a week since April. I was also a vegetarian since January and only one attempt, 5 days before ovulation (crazy!). I did J&D 5 mins after laying flat. I also used rephresh then morning before attempt. That's it! I already feel its a boy...I read the Whealn Method and they said 4-6 days before ovulation can result in a boy due temperature shift? I'm telling myself not to stress over everything that I didn't have a good sway because I couldn't stick to the diet. I don't want to regret out attempting thinking this month could have been different. I don't think a few weeks of diet would have changed much...

Thank you for listening. I'm still processing everything that's happened...still shaking and shocked. I truly thought a 5 day cut off was no way..
    Last edited by sunflowertravels; October 27th, 2019 at 09:12 PM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just have to say this sounds like a really solid Pink Sway. Skipping breakfast, one attempt, not a ton of BDs before hand. Pink dust to you!

3. Likes sunflowertravels liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hoping its your Sticky pink bean. Sounds like a fantastic pink sway - cheats are ok, don’t stress about that. Fingers crossed for you.

5. Likes sunflowertravels liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Brilliant sway. From reading on here it seems relaxing into a lifestyle change can be more successful than a super strict obsessive sway so I think what yours sounds great ����

I think just being veggie, the exercise and one bd gives you a really good chance

7. Likes sunflowertravels liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also think this sounds like a good away! And seems you may have been relaxed this month too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes sunflowertravels liked this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you ladies for your replies. This gives me a bit of hope! You’re right, I was definitely relaxed the past two months. Diet went out the window but, as mentioned, I stuck to my exercise, being veggie, coffee and skipping breakfast. I guess time will tell if baby bean sticks and if it’s a girl. I think I relaxed because I knew I’d be okay if baby was another boy. I also struggled majorly with hormones imbalance and major lack of fats. My naturopath had be upping my fats and my hormones were then able to balance out. I did weight train with my cardio for a year but dropped it in April and just did hour running, elliptical and bike 6-7 days a week. I noticed my legs definitely aren’t as toned.
    I’m worried I may have gained a couple pounds leading up to my attempt. I don’t actually know and I gain water weight fast if I eat anything salted. I don’t weigh myself, as I have a history of obsessing over it and it wasn’t a healthy thing. My BMI is about 21.5. So I’m healthy for my height/weight.
    Still in shock about a one attempt 5 day’s before ovulation. Never would have imagined! My hubby says he has super sperm haha!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No sometimes that happens, I'll take care of it. Thanks for reposting.

OPK are not that reliable. All they do is detect a concentration of hormone in your urine. My suspicion is that you surged earlier and your urine just wasn't strongly concentrated enough to detect it, and then caught the tail end of the surge. The odds of conception with 5 day cutoffs are really slim - not none, but slim, like 1 in 10,000 according to one pretty well done study.

The Whelan method is junk for that very reason - when scientists went back using modern knowhow they debunked all these old timing studies.

Good luck and pink dust!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

12. Likes sunflowertravels liked this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    IMG_3208.jpg

Thank you atomic! I guess it’s quite possible the OPK’s were off. I’ve attached a photo of them if you would like to give your thoughts.
    Also, what do you think of my sway?
    Thank you as always for taking the time to reply to my posts
    Last edited by sunflowertravels; October 28th, 2019 at 12:25 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If the tests were false negative and/or false positive (sadly both of which are possible) even I can't tell! It's not the test that's faulty, it's just the way your body was getting rid of the hormone, there was enough in your blood to trigger ovulation and then it just wasn't coming out in your urine strongly enough to trigger the test OPK are bargain basement technology, I SO WISH we had anything better.

Oh sorry - you had a great sway!! One attempt is great, J and D may help, vegetarian diets are good too! Good luck and pink dust headed your way.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

15. Likes sunflowertravels liked this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic! Will keep you posted on what happens

17. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast