Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

E4D vs one attempt

So initially I was thinking of doing every 4 days because the last few months I’ve been trying to get to know my cycle more and pinpointing ovulation hasn’t been easy (my cycles have been varying in length and longer than usual). I’ve been using OPKs but haven’t always had trust in them. This past month I was thinking of just doing E4D, but then started reading about one attempt and how that is really the most ideal. So I bought a pack of 7 OPKs to try and track this month. I just want to make sure I understand fully...so does one attempt mean that you try one time (during the fertile window) after an OPK is read? Asking bc I think today was an positive OPK (a little bit faint) which would be expected around this time. We dtd two days ago and I’m wondering if that counts as anything or no because it was outside the window? Or when you say one attempt does that mean one attempt at all in the entire month? Sorry about my confusion, just want to make sure I really get it all.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One attempt is the most PROVEN, that's all. Over time it may very well end up to be that e4d is just as good or even better, it's simply that I feel like one attempt has more results over the years (because e4d is newer).

One attempt means you have an attempt at some point in the fertile window which runs o-3 through O Day. This can be at first postivie OPK (not for swaying, since timing doesn't sway, but becasue it's a good time to conceive with one attempt)

NO an attempt 2 days before the positive OPK doesn't count.

ONLY a true positive - where the test line is as dark or darker than control - counts as a positive. If the line is faint, it is negative. You will ovulate 8-48 (even up to 72 in some cases) hours after the first positive OPK, average 36 hours. So DTD 2 days before a positive OPK would be O-3/4 or even more. which is quite low chances of conception.

No one attempt is NOT one attempt in the month. That's not necessary. Just the fertile window, although you'd likely wish to be careful coming right into ovulation/fertile window in case O comes earlier than you thought it would. SEx with protection is fine too.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok that makes sense. So I had a positive OPK yesterday and our attempt was last night...soooo fingers crossed. Will let you know how we make out!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck and pink dust headed your way!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No luck...got my period today. Oh well!

I think I’m gonna take a few months to reset. 1. I already have two September babies and I really don’t want another third trimester summer. 2. I feel like I’d like to reset and start the diet good in January with a real attempt in March/April. I think by then I will have a better idea of my own cycle and will have a fair shot at really doing the LE diet.

I plan to read a lot of posts on the site. Do you think the 21 day meal plan is good enough to utilize? If I also stay within the daily numbers and work on skipping breakfast and upping exercise? Over the next few months I plan to maintain my current weight but leave myself with weight to spare once I’m really ready to get started.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    One attempt is the most PROVEN, that's all. Over time it may very well end up to be that e4d is just as good or even better, it's simply that I feel like one attempt has more results over the years (because e4d is newer).

One attempt means you have an attempt at some point in the fertile window which runs o-3 through O Day. This can be at first postivie OPK (not for swaying, since timing doesn't sway, but becasue it's a good time to conceive with one attempt)

NO an attempt 2 days before the positive OPK doesn't count.

ONLY a true positive - where the test line is as dark or darker than control - counts as a positive. If the line is faint, it is negative. You will ovulate 8-48 (even up to 72 in some cases) hours after the first positive OPK, average 36 hours. So DTD 2 days before a positive OPK would be O-3/4 or even more. which is quite low chances of conception.

No one attempt is NOT one attempt in the month. That's not necessary. Just the fertile window, although you'd likely wish to be careful coming right into ovulation/fertile window in case O comes earlier than you thought it would. SEx with protection is fine too.
    What if we have an attempt and then the next day I get positive OPK (solid smiley)? When should I attempt next for better chances of pink? Or should I leave it as it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FandJsmom View Post
    No luck...got my period today. Oh well!

I think I’m gonna take a few months to reset. 1. I already have two September babies and I really don’t want another third trimester summer. 2. I feel like I’d like to reset and start the diet good in January with a real attempt in March/April. I think by then I will have a better idea of my own cycle and will have a fair shot at really doing the LE diet.

I plan to read a lot of posts on the site. Do you think the 21 day meal plan is good enough to utilize? If I also stay within the daily numbers and work on skipping breakfast and upping exercise? Over the next few months I plan to maintain my current weight but leave myself with weight to spare once I’m really ready to get started.
    Makes sense to me! Always best to do what will work for you and your life!

The 21 day diet is helpful although I do always like you guys to stay open to continuing eating as normally as possible. You don't have to ONLY eat those foods though. It's a balanced diet and it's fine to use it for a sway but over time most people will want to change things up and eat a wider diversity of foods.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdtimelucky01 View Post
    What if we have an attempt and then the next day I get positive OPK (solid smiley)? When should I attempt next for better chances of pink? Or should I leave it as it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My rule of thumb is (at least to start out with) if it's more than 4 days, add attempt, if it's 2 or less stick with the attempt you've had. If it's in the gray area between 2 and 4 days then use the rule "for better chance of pink, stick with attempt you've had, for better chance of conception, add attempt" and then do whichever option feels right to you. And if you really can't decide, then flip a coin and do what the coin says.

10. Thanks Thirdtimelucky01 thanked for this post