Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

One Attempt confusion

Hi All!

I'm new here and new to swaying in general! I'm trying for my first child! My husband has 2 sons already and we would love to add a little girl. It would by my first so to say I'm lost on TTCing in general is an understatement haha but I've been looking into the One attempt and I think we will try that for the first few months. If we get too impatient we may switch it up. My question is when should that attempt be? I know we can either abstain and then do one attempt or we can do regular release and one attempt but when should the attempt be? Is it just anytime during the fertile window or would it still be 2 days before ovulation. (if im set to ovulate on day CD12 what day would we attempt and what days would be regular release?)

Aside from the one attempt the only other things I'm able to do are adding working out a few days a week and I have been on the keto diet this month. I also am avoiding potatoes tomatoes and bananas but I'm hearing now that's not important? (I don't really eat bananas much or tomatoes but cutting out potatoes was huge for me haha). I also added 400mcg folic acid. Not doing any other supplements because my body tends to react poorly when I overload it with supplements.

I take a woman's probiotic as well because I have trouble keeping my PH low after AF without it. I heard low Ph sways girl anyway so hoping I don't have to give that up.

Anyway as you can see I'm completely lost so ANY advice and tips and help would be so so appreciated! It's been my dream to be pregnant all my life and Its finally my time. I just don't want to mess this up

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!!!

Your one attempt should be anytime during the fertile window. Timing doesn't sway: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gen...le-timing.html and so we have that one attempt 1-2 days before ovulation (most people use positive OPK as their guideline) simply because it's a good day to conceive with one attempt.

If your hubs is over 35, do the daily release. If he's under 35, you can do abstain or daily (frequent) release. The abstain may affect sperm quality too much for men over 35. But neither abstain nor FR have added anything in our results and they both tend to lower odds of conception by quite a lot.

Regular release is a different thing. That's where you have your husband release every 2-4 days and then still have one attempt. This is better odds of conception, and since the frequency patterns ahven't worked and one attempt does work, it just made sense to us to boost odds of conception by dropping things like FR and abstain while keeping one attempt. Most people do start off using abstain or FR, though. Your choice on that!

I don't recommend the keto diet for pink (too much fat and protein) and giving up potatoes, tomatoes and bananas is not necessary. Here's an explanation of why: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...s-edition.html My daughter is like 30% potato and I got her doing my Low Everything Diet with LOTS of potatoes after eating a more "old school" sway diet which got me DS 4.

Have you seen our LE Diet?? https://genderdreaming.com/forum/try...l-version.html and the LE Diet FAQ is here: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/try...-diet-faq.html

Working out is great! try to get up to 60 min a day, 4 days a week if you can.

I prefer you guys drop probiotic. We started off using it for pink (since other sway sites did). But we track our results differently, by tactic instead of in a big group, and because of this we quickly saw that probiotics swayed blue and now use them only for blue sways. It's up to you if you need them for health, they're no magic bullet, but just so you're aware they may sway blue somewhat.

I don't recommend any of the old school sway supplements anyway as none of them worked and they all had massive side effects and substantial risks to them.

I generally recommend 1200-1600 mcg folic acid but if you're not doing the full LE Diet you can continue at 400-800.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask as many questions as you have! I love it when people sway for their first - so much less pressure! No matter what you win - becoming a mom is awesome! Pink dust headed your way!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow thank you so much for replying! I honestly was so lost I didnt know where to start but the links you sent were great!! I will be switching my diet to be closer to the LE diet instead of Keto (Im sure I was doing keto wrong anyway lol). I think I could skip the probiotic as well.

I think at least for the first 2-3 months of trying I want to try one attempt with regular release! It seems to have the highest chance of sway and since i havent been on the diet too long I want the best chance!

My other question is about PH. Does this sway at all? I read if its too high it sways boy? Do you recommend any of the rephresh or replens methods of keeping ph low while ttc?

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mom2be2345 View Post
    Wow thank you so much for replying! I honestly was so lost I didnt know where to start but the links you sent were great!! I will be switching my diet to be closer to the LE diet instead of Keto (Im sure I was doing keto wrong anyway lol). I think I could skip the probiotic as well.

I think at least for the first 2-3 months of trying I want to try one attempt with regular release! It seems to have the highest chance of sway and since i havent been on the diet too long I want the best chance!

My other question is about PH. Does this sway at all? I read if its too high it sways boy? Do you recommend any of the rephresh or replens methods of keeping ph low while ttc?
    pH doesn't work and you can read about that here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ph-pickle.html Some people really want to try it though and the jellies are safer than the douche stuff. I have directions for jellies here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...-and-RepHresh= but I don't really recommend them strongly because they don't work and do cut odds of conception.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ