Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's a GIRL + Rant!

Atomic and the women of this group, a sincere THANK YOU! In early October I had my one attempt and today I confirmed through NIPT that we are expecting our first baby girl after 2 boys in Summer 2020!!

I have inputted the information into the girl sway form, but long story short hubby abstained for 5 days. I was only on the LE diet for 4 weeks (I was certain this was boy #3 - in fact I have a funny story about gender).. I used a little bit of sylk lube. My ultrasound confirmed a rough 3.5 day cut-off. We did missionary which was a first for us, not that position matters. I had tons of coffee. I did not exercise although I felt I was losing weight because of the diet + running around behind the boys. I do recall my sleep being interupted during our attempt week so I was stress and just out of it.

On to my RANT! So silly me decided to get the sneak peak gender test done at 8 weeks. I had not read the reviews prior to doing this test and well long story short it came back BOY! SO the last two weeks I was bummed out, didnt even want to come on here to let you all know because I think I was just dealing with GD.. BUT a friend of mine told me I should take that test with a grain of salt because there were so many false boys, so after hearing this I had my doctor fill out a NIPT req and I had my blood drawn at exactly 9 weeks. Well today it came back GIRL!!! So my rant here DO NOT BUY THIS STUPID WASTE OF TIME SNEAK PEAK TEST - and I see Atomic has already mentioned this to people.

I'm also now worried, could the NIPT be wrong? I had it done at 9 weeks which it says I could but what if it was too early and it's really a boy? I did say 18.6% fetal fraction - good? bad?

Anyways I'm happy but also finding it hard to believe. Thank you again everyone

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Huge congrats!! So happy for you! Thanks for sharing your info in our girl sway form!

Yes the Sneak Peek is a giant waste of money and time and STRESS!!! Thank goodness for your friend! In the past few months alone I have had 5 (YES 5) wrong Sneak Peek tests!! They do not work reliably enough to use them for anyone with any type of gender desire at all. Unless you don't care an iota about your baby's gender, do not use Sneak Peek and DO NOT shop or paint the nursery till you know gender from some other source than SP.

If they didn't have enough DNA for the NIPT to work they will give you a different test result called "low fetal fraction" and have you do another blood draw for it. Your fraction was EXCELLENT! 4% is the cutoff for not having enough and that means you had over 4x the proper amount for them to know for sure. I have never personally seen an incorrect NIPT that I can recall. All the supposed "wrong" NIPT that I've seen were people who had a NIPT test (usually that they didn't like the outcome of the NIPT!) and then had an ultrasound that told them what they wanted to hear, and so they decided they'd rather believe the ultrasound even though ultrasounds are wrong sometimes. Most of these people never come back to update and I think it's safe to say based on our other excellent results with NIPT, these people ended up with a surprise they were not wanting in the end. The only one I've ever seen that was questionable was in a baby that had a genetic abnormality of XXY chromosomes.

You're having a girl, NYC!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much Atomic!!

My mind and google is messing with me so I might need a little bit of reassurance. Because I did the NIPT at exactly 9 weeks, could it be possible it's still too early to detect the male chromosome?

I did have NIPT done with my previous two boys and those always came up as boys at 9 weeks so in some way this is encouraging news but google and some forum posts are messing with my head.

Could it be possible that I just went and had it done too early? and what If i'm really 8 weeks and 5 days or something LOL.. and how do I even know if I'm not measuring correctly. Last ultrasound was at 6 weeks.. HELP

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    While they prefer to do it after 10 weeks, if you had it done too early they would not have had a good fetal fraction and they would have told you that. Your fetal fraction was outstanding!!! I don't see how it's possible that with such a great fetal fraction, that it could have been too early.

In rare, rare circumstances people have been told XY and ended up with a girl. This was due to a vanishing male twin whose DNA was still in the mother's system. But this couldn't happen if they only detected XX.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was going to do the sneak peek clinical. I haven't heard of false results?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do not do the Sneak Peek. If you MUST, the clinical is better than the at home one, but it gives a lot of false results and I cannot recommend anyone spend the money on it. Save the money for the NIPT, that one actually works.