Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

getting impatient.....would you do this?

Hey ladies, well another month has come and gone and AF arrived today 2 days early...grrrrr! Anyway, our first 2 DS's were conceived in the first 1-2 cycles of trying and DS3 was taking a little longer so I visited a naturopath who was quite renowned for her fertilty expertise. She made me a tonic and sent me on my way and I fell pregnant the first cycle of taking it. Anyway, when I had my first scan I found out I was carrying twins (we lost one at 11 weeks) and I was asked if I had follicle stimulation due to so many follicles still left on my left ovary. I was actually told they have never seen so many naturally and that they only see so many after external stimulation. I put this down to the tonic.

Fast forward to ttc a girl and the 5th month has passed and I can feel the bottle of tonic calling me from the cupboard...lol! It is still in date, however I do not know what is in it and the naturopath is now overseas so I am unable to find out. I am tempted to start taking it this month, however due to the fact there was so many follicles after taking it for just 3 weeks last time, I am concerned that even though my chances of conceiving maybe higher, there will be more follicles "hanging around" for all those boys to catch! Does that make sense? Would you take it? DH and I are 40 so I guess I am thinking about our fertility window.

Maybe I'm just having one of those "AF arrived, what a bummer" days.....lol!

Thanks in advance, Justine.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would but I am the worlds most impatient person!! I probably would of taken it the 2nd month TTC lol
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What's in the tonic?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure what is in it as I never asked. The naturopath worked from a very holistic vitamin store which also offered a range of services from qualified naturopaths. This particular lady was well known in Australia, attended many conferences internationally with fertility experts in the field of medicine and had studied at university. The vitamin store happened to be next door to my house so I just called in one day as I knew the staff really well.

My other concern is there may be "blue sway" things in the tonic which would undo all the hard work I have put in..lol! I'm really in two minds about it at the moment.....but very tempted!

Atomic, do you think if there are extra follicles being produced that this gives the boy sperm that extra advantage somehow with all those eggs "laying in wait" so to speak?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if it increases fertility it's more than likely a blue sway tonic... but then, if you need that to conceive at all, you might have no choice.

however, if you take it one month and it doesn't work, would you then take it again the next month? perhaps the longer you're on it, the more blue it would be swaying too

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    rainbowflower, you have confirmed my suspicions! I guess it makes sense that if it is a tonic to increase fertility, then that would naturally sway blue. Sometimes you just need another voice of reason, like yourself! I just found it interesting that a herbal tonic could do this.

Thanks again for your replies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    herbs can certainly alter your cycles, think of vitex!

but as I said before, you do need to be able to conceive in order to get a chance at your DG... so I wouldn't rule this tonic out straight away, just seriously consider it

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think if you use the tonic combined with environment altering options. I believe you need to be acidic...not to be gross or TMI but I have a very acidic environment...can strip the colour from underwear....if you get my drift.
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's true rainbowflower, I had forgotten about vitex. I guess I can evaluate as the cycle advances closer to ovulation.

Princess of Pink....lol...there is no such thing at TMI on this site...we are all in the same boat! I too can relate to the underwear analogy as I seem to be acidic also, yet here I am with 3 boys (who I adore to pieces)!! What is your secret? Have you posted anywhere how you think you have 5 gorgeous girls? Any tips you can share would be great!!

Thanks again for your input ladies!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would not take it. anything that could alter your PH I would stay clear of.
    I can totally relate to yuor post because when TTC baby 2 I could not fall pregnant and after months of trying I went and sway a CHinese Acuupunturist who gave me Accupunture and Chinese Medicine. well I fell pregnant that month and suprise suprise with a boy- because the chinese medicine did everything to increase EWCM, and PH to 7. at the time I knew nothing about diet, ph and swaying.

Then When I swayed baby 3 ( a girl) and hadnt fallen pregnant straight away and the diet was killing me I was tempted to take the same chinese medicine again.
    BUt thankfully I didnt. I just did the accupunture and fell pregnant straight away. - with a girl.
    Expecting in MAY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast