Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Last minute girl away questions

Thanks for all you do Atomic! I have been doing a girl sway, if you can call it that. (Let’s say “sway lite” hahaha).

I am 33. I usually only have a few periods a year, but I do not have PCOS and have absolutely no problem getting pregnant when I ovulate. My physician told me last month that she would prescribe something to help with ovulation this time around and I decided to wait until I had a natural period because I’m really anxious about making sure I take it on the right cycle days. I figured it would be several months away, but started suddenly yesterday. We are going to go for it!

She asked on the phone if I wanted Clomid or Femara, and I said Clomid only because the name was more familiar to me. Is one preferred over the other for a girl sway? I haven’t filled the prescription yet and could likely still switch it if I need to. I read some old posts but wanted to see what ypur current thoughts are. Also, is there any rhyme or reasons to taking it cd3-7 vs cd 5-9? DTD at OPK Or OPK+12

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Both are good for a pink sway. If you're in your late 30's you may do better on Femara but I don't think it matters really otherwise.

I prefer you guys BD CD 3-7. I feel we see better chances of conception on those days. Some claim taking it CD 5-9 makes less twins, but i"ve seen plenty of twins on those days and plenty of singles CD 3-7 so I don't think the tradeoff to lower chances of conception is worth it.

DO NOT EVER BD O+12 on Clomid (or actually, ever, as it's my least fave sway tactic ever that does nothing but prevent conception and requires so much control freakishness it probably sways blue anyway)

I prefer everyone start off first month out BD at first positive OPK and this is especially true on Clomid, since you will not be able to judge when ovulation is going to occur (Clomid can change your cycle, and nearly always does)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your response!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post