Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What matters most to diet

Is protein and fat amount super important to swaying pink, or could the regular diet just be cut back in calories (to a still safe amount, just significantly lower than the usual), plus only 2 meals a day, no snacking?

I don't eat much protein already, just a decent bit of fat and carbs.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to track protein, fat, and calories to be sure you're getting enough. When people don't count those things, they often end up not getting enough of them and stop ovulation or are unable to get and stay pregnant.

You can have either 2 or 3 meals, whichever works better for you. I find people really struggle with 2 meals and do better on three, there is just a small group of people who feel stuffed on two. Most do 3, just have their first meal a little later on, then have two more meals. Whichever option works better for you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    You need to track protein, fat, and calories to be sure you're getting enough. When people don't count those things, they often end up not getting enough of them and stop ovulation or are unable to get and stay pregnant.

You can have either 2 or 3 meals, whichever works better for you. I find people really struggle with 2 meals and do better on three, there is just a small group of people who feel stuffed on two. Most do 3, just have their first meal a little later on, then have two more meals. Whichever option works better for you.
    I will, but I mean is going over the fat intake really bad? Or would keeping protein and calories at the appropriate level kinda balance it out possibly?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Going over is better than going under. Do not drop below the minimums under any circumstances.

No, the different groups don't counter each other. Fat, protein, and calories all do different things so you can't cut back on one to make up for going over on others (it's also unhealthy)

Question - are you counting the protein and fat in fruits and vegetables?? If so, don't. Many times when people have trouble keeping in the limits it's because they're counting the minuscule amounts of fat and protein in fruit and veg, and lower carb veg (anthing that is not sweet and starchy) is free for calories too. This gives you a lot more wiggle room.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Going over is better than going under. Do not drop below the minimums under any circumstances.

No, the different groups don't counter each other. Fat, protein, and calories all do different things so you can't cut back on one to make up for going over on others (it's also unhealthy)

Question - are you counting the protein and fat in fruits and vegetables?? If so, don't. Many times when people have trouble keeping in the limits it's because they're counting the minuscule amounts of fat and protein in fruit and veg, and lower carb veg (anthing that is not sweet and starchy) is free for calories too. This gives you a lot more wiggle room.
    I actually don't eat fruit or veggies. I don't like them mostly. I don't like many foods and the ones I do like aren't ideal, so it's hard to keep to limits.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tell me the stuff you do like eating. YOu may be doing much better than you think!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tell me the stuff you do like eating. YOu may be doing much better than you think!!
    I have been living off candy and taco bell just about this whole year. I have lost a taste for homemade food as well.
    I went through a period of time where I was stress eating and it just ruined my taste. Now if it isn't really sweet, I don't want it.
    I know I need to fix this somehow, but I don't know where to start.

I don't like certain textures, like most meat. So that's going for me at least.

My usual day of eating last month went like this:
    Wake up for work and eat donuts on the way.
    Snack on skittles and cookies at work.
    Grab taco bell on the way home.
    And drink soda.

The only fruit and veggies I like are bananas, strawberries, potatoes, and broccoli smothered in the vegetable oil spread (the sticks sold by the butter).

I do like oatmeal and stuff like spaghettios. Pasta.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, that's actually not a terrible pink diet (although it is a terrible diet for health LOL)

Drop the Skittles, they have nothing in them but sugar and you're wasting calories that could be "spent" on foods that had some redeeming qualities.

I suspect that if you totaled that up you'd probably be eating more pink friendly than you realize.

If you wanted to change it, I would start by adding in the fruit and veg you like in at one meal a day, even if just on the weekends. So instead of having 2 doughnuts have one and some fresh fruit. Have a baked potato with broccoli and cheese and some cookies instead of as many cookies as you were having, and skip the Skittles.

Do you like yogurt, cheese, eggs, beans (I asume you like cheese and beans since you're having that at Taco Bell!) Those could be good options for you. What about peanut butter??

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, that's actually not a terrible pink diet (although it is a terrible diet for health LOL)

Drop the Skittles, they have nothing in them but sugar and you're wasting calories that could be "spent" on foods that had some redeeming qualities.

I suspect that if you totaled that up you'd probably be eating more pink friendly than you realize.

If you wanted to change it, I would start by adding in the fruit and veg you like in at one meal a day, even if just on the weekends. So instead of having 2 doughnuts have one and some fresh fruit. Have a baked potato with broccoli and cheese and some cookies instead of as many cookies as you were having, and skip the Skittles.

Do you like yogurt, cheese, eggs, beans (I asume you like cheese and beans since you're having that at Taco Bell!) Those could be good options for you. What about peanut butter??
    Apologies in advance for having such long replies!

I do like cheese and some beans, but yogurt and eggs not so much. I avoid peanut butter because of the smell, even though I like the taste.
    I could do coffee and a fruit for breakfast, a serving of a veggie I like for lunch, and maybe get my fat and protein in my 3rd meal?

I did OMAD in the past way before pregnancy before my tastes changed and always managed to get my calories and stuff in one meal.
    I could even go back to the one meal a day if that's not an issue in your opinion.

Just to compare my diet and lifestyle now to the year when I had my boy: I worked longer shifts, so I ate twice a day. It was the same meal every work day.
    I ate little caesar's breadsticks on the way to work and on lunch I ate at the McDonald's in store. Lots of fat.
    It added up to 2000+ calories a day but I also walked 25 thousand steps minimum on work days and ended up losing 10 pounds (slowly, over 6 months)
    I was at my lowest weight when I got pregnant with my son.

Something worth mentioning, I may be swaying pink decently now that I think of it anyway. There has been a drastic change in the last 2 months. I went from emotional binges and snacking all day in stress (on the skittles and cookies at work) to now forgetting to even eat some days this month. I know the not eating at all isn't healthy at all, but it was not intentional.
    The difference came from me stopping my birth control.I wanted to stay on it until the month before TTC, but my appetite dropped a lot once I stopped it. Not so much emotional dependence on food.

Another question I thought of this morning...
    My coffee creamer is sugar free and I use artificial sweetener, so this doesn't count as a meal from what I gather. However, they both have maltodextrin in them. From when I did keto, I learned maltodextrin was a huge no no because it raised blood sugar more than sugar for most people. So do I count this as a meal now?

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope it's not too soon, but bump

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast