Thread: TTC Girl Advice

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC Girl Advice

Hi, Atomic Sagebrush, thank you for replying to my first message! I hope I have posted on this correctly. I’m currently using ovusense which the monitor is inserted into my vagina each night and I download the readings. This takes my temp and predicts and Tells me when I ovulate. So...my first cycle I did take my period and this was a 35 day cycle but because I did not start using the device until later, it didn’t manage to record if I ovulated or not. I think it takes a bit of time to get to know your body. In cycle 2, this was a 32 day cycle and ovulated on day 19. Cycle 3 was a 36 day cycle and ovulated on day 28! I’m on cycle 4 and so far it’s telling my fertility window starts on 16th Dec...based on my last recordings. However, this is done retrospective so I’m not sure when I exactly ovulate! Mind boggling.

I am taking cranberry and vitex pretty much daily as this is something I read. My diet is usually good however I do have the odd take away and chocolate. I believe everything in moderation. As for checking my ph, I bought strips and also a digital device but it’s not very good and it seemed to sit around 5.5...I think! I’ve ordered rephresh...is this good? Or something else. Also, when should I take antihistamines? I see from some of the posts, benedrol is recommended? I’m only considering a 4 day then 3 day cut off because the last time when I saw I had my Lh surge on the strip, I dtd once after abstaining and fell pregnant....feel like I should do something different this time. However, I may be wrong. Just nervous about the whole thing! I’ve read so so many conflicting things and I feel I don’t know what to do.

Is there anything else I should be doing? Again, thank you for your advice, really appreciate it. X

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ok I got it!!!

Even though the Ovusense didn't detect it the first month (you're right, you are meant to use it all month so it can detect the temp change that indicates ovulation has occurred) since your period arrived, that means you almost certainly ovulated that month (probably about 14 days before AF arrived).

32-36 day cycles are not that unusual and anything up to 35 days is considered in normal range (the 36 day cycle is near enough to normal to still be normal, if that makes sense)

I know it's really irritating when you read several different things on line, but we use the newest and best research available, while other sites still just use the same old outdated stuff. WE have also tracked our results over time by sway tactic and as a result we have a good feel for what is working and what isn't. Both cranberry and vitex ARE NOT WORKING. The same number of people got boys and girls with and without cranberry, plus cranberry has risks and side effects. And vitex has actually significantly lower results than the site as a whole - getting a terrible 54% compared to 70% for the site as a whole. That means people who are not taking it are having much better results. Now, on paper, vitex is meant to sway pink, but it also really disrupts the cycle so badly that I think it's causing more harm than good even it if DOES sway pink (meaning, people stop ovulating while taking it and have to go off diet to get their cycle to normalize, and then end up getting opposites because they went off diet, and if they'd only not taken the vitex none of that would have happened.) For most people I can't recommend taking herbs that are getting 25% lower success than the site as a whole.

TEsting pH has not helped us at all. WE had tons of pH opposites going every which way and I no longer think it tells us anything helpful whatsoever.

RepHresh has not seemed to work but at the least has gotten better results than the vitex. Fine to start off with it, but drop it over the course of time since it does cut odds of conception.

Antihistamine - same. Doesn't seem to work, cuts odds of conception, but fine to start off with it if you want. With Benadryl you use it the day of attempt only, about 1-2 hours before you plan to have sex.

In your previous post what you described sounded more like a week cutoff, sorry I misunderstood. I prefer 3 day cutoffs at most as timing doesn't work anyway https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html and scientists using cutting edge technology to accurately pinpoint ovulation have shown that 4 day cutoffs have a terribly low rate of conception, somewhere in the range of 1 in 1000. Most of the people who claim to have gotten pregnant with 4 day cutoffs ovulated sooner than they thought they did. 3 day cutoffs are definitely lower chances of conception but at least you're in with SOME chance of getting pregnant. My other concern is how you would manage to hit a 3-4 day cutoff with an irregular cycle?? I truly think your best bet will be using the Ovusense and then having sex the predicted second day of high fertility if you can possibly do that. I'm not sure how the Ovusense works in terms of predicting the window, can you give me more info about that?? Most monitors give you high and peak days, does it have those??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Oh ok I got it!!!

Even though the Ovusense didn't detect it the first month (you're right, you are meant to use it all month so it can detect the temp change that indicates ovulation has occurred) since your period arrived, that means you almost certainly ovulated that month (probably about 14 days before AF arrived).

32-36 day cycles are not that unusual and anything up to 35 days is considered in normal range (the 36 day cycle is near enough to normal to still be normal, if that makes sense)

I know it's really irritating when you read several different things on line, but we use the newest and best research available, while other sites still just use the same old outdated stuff. WE have also tracked our results over time by sway tactic and as a result we have a good feel for what is working and what isn't. Both cranberry and vitex ARE NOT WORKING. The same number of people got boys and girls with and without cranberry, plus cranberry has risks and side effects. And vitex has actually significantly lower results than the site as a whole - getting a terrible 54% compared to 70% for the site as a whole. That means people who are not taking it are having much better results. Now, on paper, vitex is meant to sway pink, but it also really disrupts the cycle so badly that I think it's causing more harm than good even it if DOES sway pink (meaning, people stop ovulating while taking it and have to go off diet to get their cycle to normalize, and then end up getting opposites because they went off diet, and if they'd only not taken the vitex none of that would have happened.) For most people I can't recommend taking herbs that are getting 25% lower success than the site as a whole.

TEsting pH has not helped us at all. WE had tons of pH opposites going every which way and I no longer think it tells us anything helpful whatsoever.

RepHresh has not seemed to work but at the least has gotten better results than the vitex. Fine to start off with it, but drop it over the course of time since it does cut odds of conception.

Antihistamine - same. Doesn't seem to work, cuts odds of conception, but fine to start off with it if you want. With Benadryl you use it the day of attempt only, about 1-2 hours before you plan to have sex.

In your previous post what you described sounded more like a week cutoff, sorry I misunderstood. I prefer 3 day cutoffs at most as timing doesn't work anyway https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html and scientists using cutting edge technology to accurately pinpoint ovulation have shown that 4 day cutoffs have a terribly low rate of conception, somewhere in the range of 1 in 1000. Most of the people who claim to have gotten pregnant with 4 day cutoffs ovulated sooner than they thought they did. 3 day cutoffs are definitely lower chances of conception but at least you're in with SOME chance of getting pregnant. My other concern is how you would manage to hit a 3-4 day cutoff with an irregular cycle?? I truly think your best bet will be using the Ovusense and then having sex the predicted second day of high fertility if you can possibly do that. I'm not sure how the Ovusense works in terms of predicting the window, can you give me more info about that?? Most monitors give you high and peak days, does it have those??

Hello Atomic Sagebrush, thanks so much for your reply! Ok, so the way ovusense works it gives you a ‘predicted’ window of fertility so you can ttc based on your readings. It also tells you when you have ovulated once that cycle is done. However, I think the more you use it, and the more it can tell when you will ovulate then it can predict the actual day. What I find strange is that on cycle 2 it told me I ovulated on day 19, which I kinda thought. But cycle 3, it says I ovulated on day 28! Seems very far apart. However for this cycle, based on these readings, it tells me I should be in my fertile window from Monday 16th Dec. So...should I dtd on this day and day before/after?

I understand about supplements and yes, I’ve probably read way too much on old posts about ttc girl where they recommend half of that stuff. You see, I never took any supplements before so I feel by doing this, it may give me a chance, if you know what I mean. I have not touched a banana in 2yrs and stay away from tomatoes - anything with high potassium. However I don’t know if anything I’m doing is right now lol....

So...should I do the following:

Stick to LE diet eg...skip breakfast, stick to roughly 1500/1600 calories, everything in moderation.
    Keep taking calcium citrate supplement? (And obviously folic acid)
    Stop taking vitex and cranberry
    Drink more Diet Coke
    Use rephresh
    Take Benadryl 1-2 hrs before dtd

And hope for the best?!! I know you’ll fully understand how it feels wishing for a girl but it’s actually overtaking my whole brain and body. It’s like I don’t want to dtd just in case I get it wrong. That’s terrible to say as I love my boy more than life it’s self but I’ve really struggled with this. I haven’t spoke to anyone about this apart from my mum, so it’s nice to speak to someone and read posts from people who are in the same boat. Thanks for your advice xx