Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question about every 4 days

Do you leave 3 days inbetween and DTD on the 4th day? So example, a Friday and then the next attempt the Tuesday?
    I always thought that sperm could live 4 or 5 days... just makes me a little nervous but I'm really willing to try this method.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sperm can live 4-5 days in ideal circumstances but just because living sperm has been retrieved that doesn't mean it can fertilize an egg. The newest research shows (as does our experience) that pregnancies from sex 4-5 days before ovulation have very low rates of conception - approximately 1 in 1000 for 4 days before O, and 1 in 10,000 for 5 days before O.

Most of the people who think they got pregnant from those long cutoffs ovulated sooner than they thought The new research confirms this - they went back through old studies and found that the people who told Dr. Shettles and other researchers they ovulated on a certain day were wrong about when they ovulated and when the researchers used the correct ovulation day based on their temperatures, no one had gotten pregnant with those long cutoffs, indicating that sperm is not often deposited 4/5 days before and fertilizes an egg.

So to answer your question, you can do the e4d two different ways. You can do it in the Monday/Thursday pattern (every 72 hours) OR the Monday/Friday pattern (every 96 hour pattern.) It's totally up to you. You may have better odds of conception in the 72 hour pattern, you may have better chance of pink in the 96 hour pattern, and it's up to you to decide which is more important to you. You could even stretch it another day or even two if you're too nervous about it, some have had sex once a week, for example. The important thing is that you're just in with regular attempts so you have SOME chance of conception.

You could, of course, also start off just doing one attempt if that feels safer. Whatever you wish to do, it's your sway, your way!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Pixiebelle liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Sperm can live 4-5 days in ideal circumstances but just because living sperm has been retrieved that doesn't mean it can fertilize an egg. The newest research shows (as does our experience) that pregnancies from sex 4-5 days before ovulation have very low rates of conception - approximately 1 in 1000 for 4 days before O, and 1 in 10,000 for 5 days before O.

Most of the people who think they got pregnant from those long cutoffs ovulated sooner than they thought The new research confirms this - they went back through old studies and found that the people who told Dr. Shettles and other researchers they ovulated on a certain day were wrong about when they ovulated and when the researchers used the correct ovulation day based on their temperatures, no one had gotten pregnant with those long cutoffs, indicating that sperm is not often deposited 4/5 days before and fertilizes an egg.

So to answer your question, you can do the e4d two different ways. You can do it in the Monday/Thursday pattern (every 72 hours) OR the Monday/Friday pattern (every 96 hour pattern.) It's totally up to you. You may have better odds of conception in the 72 hour pattern, you may have better chance of pink in the 96 hour pattern, and it's up to you to decide which is more important to you. You could even stretch it another day or even two if you're too nervous about it, some have had sex once a week, for example. The important thing is that you're just in with regular attempts so you have SOME chance of conception.

You could, of course, also start off just doing one attempt if that feels safer. Whatever you wish to do, it's your sway, your way!!
    Thank you atomic. We did it a Friday and then a Tuesday so 96 hours. Will keep that routine up for a bit I think x

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just be sure you move the BD's closer together BEFORE adding attempts. What happens sometimes is people get tired of not getting pregnant and decide "well I'll do TWO attempts 96 hours apart," but 2 attempts historically was significantly worse and so we want to avoid that if at all possible.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ