Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Girl Sway- PH question

Hey Atomic!

Hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas.

Backstory- I started the LE diet a while back and was blessed to conceive in August but miscarried in September. I had a short luteal phase which somehow has thankfully corrected itself. We used RePhresh when we conceived that baby.

We are going to sway again in January. My PH is low but my husbands is high. He is willing to do no red meat for a few weeks but does that really even matter? I’m honestly scared to use any type of gel because I’m worried it damages the sperm. I know you don’t highly recommend it here. I’ve seen it on so many boards I figured I would ask.

Do you think abstaining or frequent release makes any difference what so ever or just skip that too?

I’d LOVE a little girl! My husband had 2 brothers and his Dad has 2 brothers so his Mom said I’d have all boys too.

Also, I have been taking prenatal because I had CDiff back in May so I think it honestly wiped me of all the things. I’m going to jus take folate over the next few weeks but I have taken a prenatal.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    pH doesn't work. None of the jellies have worked at all and neither does douching (we even had a statistician analyze our results and prove it) The jellies don't harm sperm but it's fine not to use them.

Male pH is often just a result of whatever he'd eaten recently. I think him giving up red meat helps for OTHER reasons than pH so if he's willing to do that, it doesn't hurt anything but won't change pH particularly. I don't know what you mean by "high" but the normal pH of semen is in the 7-8 range.

No, neither abstain nor FR has worked either. It's fine if you want to try it but also fine to skip it. Just be sure you do the one attempt no matter what. YOu can do one attempt with regular release every 2-4 days if you want.

I would have you either wean off the prenatal gradual (don't drop it suddenly, wean off) OR if you prefer just reduce dose to 3x a week. Your call to make but I do think the prenatal makes way more difference than any of the other stuff you've asked about here.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AF should be here any day now and we planned on trying this month. Do you think the prenatals are going to put me in the boy category? I’ll drop it down and wean off until we are preggo. I’ve been on them for about a month or so.

We are most definitely going to do one attempt. I usually ovulate on day 15! When would you BD?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't say that for anyone. People absolutely do get girls while still taking them, and give them up and still get boys, but we do have good results for blue for the people taking them. That's one of the big differences when I got my girl vs. my boys.

Will you be doing OPK??

If you want timing you would have attempt CD12/13. If you want just one attempt at positive OPK (about a day before O) you would BD CD 14. (i would personally go with the Day 14, best chance of conception with one attempt)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been doing OPK’s and the last two months I’ve gotten my peak on CD 14 in the afternoon My husband is a fireman so our options will be to either BD on CD 12 or CD 14!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So if you want timing you'd go CD 12, if you were ok with one attempt at pos OPK (O-1) you would do CD 14!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What’s been the most successful way to do it? Cut off or 1 day before ovulation?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If one of them was more effective I would have you guys do that, of course.

Timing doesn't work. Scientists have tested it using modern day knowhow and equipment and showed that Dr. Shettles was wrong, X sperm aren't big and long lived, Y sperm are not fast and short lived, they're about the same size, swim the same speed, and live the same amount of time. They've also proved that there are 50-50 boys and girls conceived every cycle day. So please just do whichever option works better for you.