Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pink Sway Soon!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, that is helpful re: AFD. Thanks!

I'm using my FitBit app to count fat and protein, so I guess I am including the protein in all except the "free" low-carb veggies? I'm not sure how much that would contribute, though.

I love nuts and will try those -- but I find them to be high in protein too. I think it's harder because I'm moving a lot -- getting 17-20,000 steps most days and doing 60+ minutes of cardio daily.

I will try getting to the compromise number! Thanks!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would take a moment and actually take a look at that. The government dictates that many things be listed as 1 g protein or 1 g fat, and the tracking companies do that as well, when in reality they have absolutely NONE. So it is entirely possible you're counting 5-10 g protein and fat every day that is not real, in that it isn't used by your body. That's why we don't count those fruit and veg proteins - they just don't amount to anything tangible in our bodies for our fertility. A person eating 60 g "fat" in broccoli would immediately stop ovulating and 60 g "protein" in broccoli would make your muscles shrink to nothing. It's just this stupid quirk of bureaucracies that make the numbers meaningless.

My point about the nuts is this - if you're eating something that was mostly protein without much fat or calories (for example, egg whites or chicken breast) by switching to something that has fat, calories AND protein all in the same food, you can end up getting more bang for your buck that way. So yes, in order to have some nuts, you'd need to eat less of other things at the same time, but it can actually make your life much easier. Rather than having protein from something,and fat from something else, and then still possibly needing calories too, you kill all the birds with the one stone and then you'd not eat some other thing instead, if that makes sense.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And with that much exercise you may need the additional fat/protein anyway (even though I believe it's higher than it really is)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, that makes perfect sense! Thank you!

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I just found out I'm pregnant! We were not trying yet, so it's definitely a surprise. I just hope I did enough in my prep over the past 5 months for pink!!

I was awesome about 60 minutes of cardio daily. We only had what would've been one attempt (w/ j&d because I usually do that), I'm still BFing my toddler once a day, and I kept below 2,000 calories while skipping bfast / doing at least a 12-hour fast nightly. I lost 15 pounds and am 10-15 pounds my lowest conception weight and close to lowest adult weight (BMI went from 24 to 22). I also took myoinositol. And life has been stressful with the pandemic. Coffee and alcohol daily.

I'm nervous because I feel like I ate too much protein and fat as I had eggs daily and was often at top of ranges or a little higher for AFD.

So here's hoping for a healthy LO and pink!!! I'll update as I know more.
    Last edited by pinkdust80; June 18th, 2020 at 10:57 AM.

7. Likes polaris.kai, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkdust80 View Post
    Well, I just found out I'm pregnant! We were not trying yet, so it's definitely a surprise. I just hope I did enough in my prep over the past 5 months for pink!!

I was awesome about 60 minutes of cardio daily. We only had what would've been one attempt, I'm still BFing my toddler once a day, and I kept below 2,000 calories while skipping bfast / doing at least a 12-hour fast nightly. I lost 15 pounds and am 10-15 pounds my lowest conception weight. I also took myoinositol. And life has been stressful with the pandemic. Coffee and alcohol daily.

I'm nervous because I feel like I ate too much protein and fat as I had eggs daily and was often at top of ranges or a little higher for AFD.

So here's hoping for a healthy LO and pink!!! I'll update as I know more.
    That sounds great for pink. You can have ALL my pink dust!! Fingers crossed for you

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, I think that was a good sway, I would feel positive about this!! Good luck and pink dust headed your way.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations! And i hope u get your baby girl!

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, everyone!! Atomic, thank you for the wonderful advice throughout this journey! I'll keep you all posted!

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all! So an early u/s at 6w3d shows a healthy baby with a strong HB!

I wanted to get some thoughts on the fact, though, that they found a second sac (they were hesitant to call it a vanishing twin since there was no evidence of baby, and they noted it "could just be fluid"?). I'm wondering if this could (if it WAS a VT) affect NIPT results? Docs didn't say anything about this, but do you know if that's true? Anything else I should know about a possible VT? Thanks!!

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast