Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink Sway Soon!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not that it will sway blue that concerns me, it's that I don't want you taking anything potentially unsafe.

It can be decreased fertility in the sense that it might be lower hormones but it's the type of thing that may sway pink anyway. Spotting midcycle is actually not that common on this site, but most of the time it's related to birth control pills or breastfeeding.

To purchase a plan, please follow this link and be sure you choose the option with "custom" plan (or personalized). https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/payments.php
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wanted to check in on progress so far (still not TTC, and it might be a little while due to the pandemic and related concerns), but I wanted to make sure I'm on the right track. Maybe more time before TTC is even better so I can keep doing all this new stuff?

I'm exercising 60 consecutive minutes most days. It's never *super* intense (usually just walking) but definitely cardio (HR 115+).

Diet-wise I *think* I'm following the LE fertility diet (due to age) well enough? I eat eggs daily because I love them. I probably come in at 70g protein most days, which is a bit higher than recommended, but I'm still nursing my littlest (once a day -- prob no real milk) and can't seem to go below that easily. I'm at 2,000 calories or fewer every day and delaying breakfast (9:30/10am) or skipping it all together with at LEAST a 12-hour fast daily.

Stress-wise, I've been very stressed lately with kids at home and home-schooling and working and DH working and no childcare due to the pandemic, so I feel like cortisol levels are high. That sways blue, right? Is there anything I can take or do to combat this?

I've lost 10 pounds and still steadily losing; I think I can lose about 5-10 more without BMI getting too low.

I'm drinking alcohol (1-2 drinks) most days.

I've stopped most vitamins but am still taking myo-inositol, folate, and zinc (was low in it before via blood results). I feel like I'm needing to add my probiotic back in due to GI symptoms returning but don't want to do so if it will sway blue. What about pre-biotics and/or collagen for GI support -- do those sway?

I think that's everything -- thanks SO much for all you do and for your very helpful responses!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that's fine as long as you're careful not to cut back too far.

So are you also getting 50-60 g fat a day, eating full fat dairy only (No skim) and focusing on whole grains only, no white refined grains, and as little sugar as you can stand? If so, keep it up.

No, that type of uncontrollable stress DOES NOT sway blue. In fact it's been shown in studies to sway pink. It is that control freak, self-induced stress that sways blue.

Just please do the diet and exercise. Don't take anythign to try to "lower cortisol". We don't even know if that is a desirable, or possible thing to do and everything you take has the potential to mess up your cycle, inadvertently sway blue, and also come out in your milk since you're nursing.

Why are you taking myoinositol again? Do you have PCOS?

We don't know how pre-biotics and collagen sway. I would try adding in the probiotics 2x a week and seeing if it helps.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes that's fine as long as you're careful not to cut back too far.

So are you also getting 50-60 g fat a day, eating full fat dairy only (No skim) and focusing on whole grains only, no white refined grains, and as little sugar as you can stand? If so, keep it up.

No, that type of uncontrollable stress DOES NOT sway blue. In fact it's been shown in studies to sway pink. It is that control freak, self-induced stress that sways blue.

Just please do the diet and exercise. Don't take anythign to try to "lower cortisol". We don't even know if that is a desirable, or possible thing to do and everything you take has the potential to mess up your cycle, inadvertently sway blue, and also come out in your milk since you're nursing.

Why are you taking myoinositol again? Do you have PCOS?

We don't know how pre-biotics and collagen sway. I would try adding in the probiotics 2x a week and seeing if it helps.
    Thanks for the reply! I am definitely getting 50-60g fat daily -- maybe sometimes a little more.

Very glad to hear that uncontrollable stress sways pink -- silver lining, maybe?

Eh, I was eating whole grains (like sprouted grain bread, etc.) but have slipped into whatever we can get at the store lately, which is sometimes white bread. And we do mostly white rice, but my doctor suggested some women actually do better blood-sugar-wise with white rice? We use Basmati at least, which is lower GI. But I've definitely had some refined carbs lately. And sugar (not usually a big sugar eater, but we've had some sweets with Easter, etc.). I will go back to whole grains as best I can though!

Probiotics twice a week has been helpful. I've also taken some magnesium to help with sleep -- hoping that is okay.

I am taking myo-inositol because my doctor had me taking inositol prior -- I don't remember why at the moment, but I'd taken it for a year or so prior to switching to myo per recommendations here. Will that hurt me / my sway if it turns out I don't need it?

I've kept up with exercise well but sleep has suffered lately -- does not getting sleep help or hurt pink sways?

Also, is it bad if DH isn't exercising like usual right now? He is also stressed.

Thanks!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just bumping this! Thanks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OH gosh I'm so sorry, I remember my computer crashed one day and I thought I had tracked down the posts I was in the middle of answering, but apparently I missed yours.

Yes I have that option for people too with the white rice because it's often well tolerated. I would try to keep sugar and white flour to a minimum.

Myoinositol would only help a sway, but for some people it may reduce hormone levels too far. I have some concerns given your midcycle spotting that if you don't have PCOS or tendencies that way, the myoinositol could potentially be reducing your hormones to such extent it's causing the spotting.

Not getting enough sleep helps pink sways.

While jogging and biking for hubby does tend to sway pink, right now we're all just doing the best we can and so if he can't exercise right now then it is what it is and focus on the other things you guys are doing.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries at all -- thank you for your response!!

Good to know about the myoinositol! I will potentially cut that if we TTC with no luck.

Hubby has gotten back to running in the past week, so that's good! But yes, you're right that we're all just doing the best we can right now.

I'll definitely cut the sugar and refined carbs! Quick question: where does alcohol fit into this? I've been drinking too much lately (like 1-3 drinks most days), and I'm planning to cut that a bit (to no more than 1 a day and not every day) just because I don't want to drink that much. But how much alcohol is okay on the AFD given the sugar?

Thanks!!

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Alcohol is ok on AFD. Unless a person has very severe PCOS (as in, would have to cut out carbs totally), a small amount of alcohol is well-tolerated, especially while making the other lower-carb changes on the LE Diet. Alcohol can actually lower blood sugar even though it briefly makes it rise after ingesting it too. 1 drink a day is fine and what many of us have done.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, awesome. That's super helpful. I've decreased to 1 drink per day.

Also, I'm struggling a bit with protein and fat; I always seem to end up eating too much. I'm at probably 70-80g of protein most days, and 70g of fat. Do you think that will hurt my sway? Are there go-to's I can eat for my first meal of the day (that's where I usually struggle and end up eating eggs or full fat yogurt) that will be good bang-for-buck calorically but not high in protein or fat -- and still compatible with AFD / not bad for blood sugar?

Lastly, I wanted to clarify -- since I don't have known PCOS or blood sugar issues and haven't been TTC for a long time, I should be on AFD anyway, due to AMA (39)? I think that's what you'd initially recommended, but then when I went back and read the thread it sounded like I should only do AFD if I was AMA *and* had been TTC a long time, had PCOS, and struggled with blood sugar. Thanks in advance for clarifying!!

Thanks again for all of your help!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We've gotten such good results with the alternate diets that I want EVERYONE who may benefit from them to be on them.

Sorry if you told me this already, but are you counting the protein and fat in fruits and vegetables?? In most cases when people can't stay in the upper limits it's because they are counting protein and fat in fruit and veg.

I would be inclined to stick with the egss/yogurt if those are helpful and find places in other meals for cutting back. But fruit is always a good option, though it doesn't stick to your ribs. Nuts could also be good.
    But if you really can't, you can't. I would try aiming at a compromise number, more like 65 g or 70 instead of 80.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast