Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink Sway Soon!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pink Sway Soon!

Hi! I'm so grateful to have found you all. What an amazing resource!

I'm hoping to sway pink soon and feeling a little overwhelmed. I'll probably want to do a personalized sway plan (I already got the 21-day meal plan and girl sway bundle under a different username where I lurked before), but I'd love some guidance now around where to start.

About me:

I'm 39 and have two beautiful boys, ages 5 and 2. I'm still BFing the 2yo but (just at bedtime and not every night), and I'm pretty sure he's not getting much milk anymore in case that matters.

I get pregnant super easily (so far).

I had a missed m/c in between my kids, and genetic testing said it was a healthy girl (but could have been my DNA, so not totally sure about that).

I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune hypothyroidism, which we think is what caused the m/c since it was undiagnosed at the time) and am on thyroid hormone replacement. I also take low-dose naltrexone (for the autoimmune component).

I'm also on a lot of supplements because I'm working with a functional medicine provider. Not sure I *need* all of them? They include: vitamin D, probiotics, magnesium, multivitamin, CoQ10, zinc, holy basil, and alpha lipoic acid. I can wean off supplements if needed.

I drink one cup of coffee each morning (did when I got my boys too). I drink wine most nights (same as when I got my boys).

I eat pretty well (not a lot of processed foods and sugar) but lean kind of paleo, which I know is almost opposite of LE (in that most people eating paleo consume a fair amount of meat), so I'm anxious about the LE diet but open to it for sure. I probably shouldn't have gluten or even really grains given the Hashi's. So given all that, I think I just need some guidance on how to make LE work for me.

I walk about an hour most days of the week and do yoga but want to get back into running. I also do rebounding some mornings. I can add exercise easily as I love it.

I could ask my doctor about chlomid but am anxious she won't do it because I have always been really fertile. And I worry a little given my Hashi's about whether it's okay for me?

I have Vitex but haven't taken it since I wasn't sure if it actually sways pink or not.

I'm hoping my age will sway; I'm otherwise a little anxious about being so close to 40.

Any tips on where to start? THANKS!!
    Last edited by pinkdust80; January 12th, 2020 at 05:19 PM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, one other question: Do we need to stay between 1500-1800 calories *net* (so accounting for calories burned through exercise), or do we need to consume 1500-1800 calories *total*?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! So sorry to hear of your loss.

Breastfeeding sways pink, and since breastfeeding is a hormonal state it sways even if you're not doing it much.

I'm sure you're well aware of this already but thyroid meds should be continued, do not wean back off them (some people assume this will help their sway, but you need it to get and stay pregnant.) I would talk to your doc about the naltrexone to see if it's safe to continue when TTC.

Absolutely wean off the holy basil. I would have you wean off the other nutrient supps too or else reduce dose to 3x a week if you prefer that. Nutrients, particularly in supplemental form tend to sway blue.

What dose Coq1 are you on?? We might have you continue with that.

Why do they have you taking zinc AND a multivitamin?? If the multivitamin has zinc already you should not be taking them together (so after you're pregnant please don't start both of them up again.)

What multivitamin do they have you on? Some multivitamins have ingredients in them that I find harmful even when pregnant so if they have you on one of those I would try to advise something different

I would have you on the alternate form of LE Diet (probably the atomic fertility diet, in a gluten free form) and you can find that here in this thread, 5 from the top. https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...rt-3-pcos.html Focus more on starchy veg for your carbs like potato and sweet potato, rice is another ok option. Totally fine to go wheat free (and we actually have great results with gluten free diets.)

As far as I know Clomid is ok for people with Hashimotos. You're probably right that they won't give it to you if you get pregnant easily though.

NO vitex. The results have been very poor and we've had dreadful results with it for those over 35 - lots of women just not getting pregnant at all while using it.

I would strongly suggest exercise and actually walking is fine...many times when people try to include running, they quickly get injured. WAlking is more sustainable and does still help your sway.

Don't be nervous! We have good results for conception at 40 with women who have proven fertility.

1500-1800 cals total, although since you're nursing you may want to start off more like 1800-2000, 50-60 g protein and fat (you will need to be at 50-60 g protein and fat not counting the pro and fat in fruit and veg anyway as that's part of the alternate diet anyway). I don't want you calculating the amount of cals you burn via exercise. Being very detail oriented and tracking lots of things (like cals you burned) may sway blue!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your helpful and thorough reply!

I will definitely stay on my thyroid meds and will talk with my doctor about LDN and its safety when TTC and pregnant.

I'm on 200mg CoQ10.

The multi I'm on is by Better By Dr. Brooke, and it's formulated for women with IR and PCOS (or who just want to support hormonal balance -- which is the category I fit into since I don't have PCOS or IR). Here's the link in case it's helpful: https://betterbydrbrooke.com/product...ced-beautiful/

I'm on the zinc in addition to the multi because I was low in zinc before; I'm not sure that's still the case, but I think I lean that way due to thyroid and adrenal issues.

I'll ask about Chlomid and see what she says; my doctor is great about being open to things, but this one I'm not sure about since I probably don't need it? We shall see.

I'll definitely keep BFing since he's not ready to stop anyway. Glad to hear it sways even if I'm not doing it much. I was nursing when I conceived DS2, but I'm sure I was doing a lot of other blue things.

I ordered fiber and folate (I don't think I need it as my MTHFR test came back normal, but I feel like it's better to be safe since both of my kids had tongue ties and one had a (harmless) sacral dimple).

Another question: How important is it to avoid female O? I'm not good at that, lol. And does it just apply to the attempt, or in general around the attempt?

I'm so glad that to hear my age shouldn't be an issue! And I think the Atomic Fertility Diet seems really doable. My biggest issue will be eggs as I eat 2-3 daily right now for breakfast, so I'll need to play with that. I try and do a 12-hour fast between my last meal or snack and breakfast, which often puts me eating at 9 or 10am. I am working on stopping that bedtime snack, but I worry about hunger at bedtime. Any thoughts on eating schedule and how to make it work? Thanks!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, and one other question: I love vinyasa yoga and do it probably twice a week. It's a power style, but we also meditate at the end, and I meditate daily now (didn't when I got my boys). As long as I do the yoga in addition to my 60 minutes of cardio 6-7 times a week, am I good for my sway? Thanks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't recommend those vitamins as they have massive doses in them. We have seen that time after time causing a lot of trouble for people at those doses and the zinc in there is already double of what the daily value (so it makes me very nervous that you're taking more on top of that.) Plus they likely sway blue. I would def. have you wean off them or at the least cut back to 3x a week.

If you were open to it, you could take inositol alone (inositol is in your vitamin and is likely the only thing that is actually helping to lower your blood sugar). I'd have you take 1000 daily in the follicular phase (AF-O) and either 500 mg or 1000 every other day in the luteal phase (O-AF) . At BFP gradually wean off by spacing doses further and futher out till down to one per week.

there's never anything wrong about doing folate instead, if you can afford it. It's my preference anyway.

RE female O - we've done quite a few polls and threads on that and there are many moms of all girls who have them, a few moms of boys who don't, but overall there's a trend in the direction of the boy couples being more sexual overall. The catch is it very well may be that the sexuality is due to boy friendly hormones rather than (as people assume) that it's sex/orgasm that actively CAUSES boys to be conceived. The truth is we just don't know. I had one when I got my girl. According to the old school swayers you were meant to avoid O for months on end, but I think that's ridiculous (especially since it isn't even proven). I would use your own discretion on this.

I have a funny, not safe for work and generally in bad taste essay on the subject here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...s-swaying.html

Eggs - as long as you're in limits eggs are not really a dealbreaker. I often have people eat 4-6 eggs a week to keep them ovulating at lower weights and we get girls doing that. You don't need to give them up totally, just keep within limits. There are some people out there who ascribe to this wacky theory of swaying where they are having people eat a dozen eggs a day, and that's why there's a warning about eggs. But in limits they're allowed.

Most of us have found it's easier to pospone breakfast than go to bed hungry. I always had 3 meals (both 2 and 3 are allowed on LE Diet) one about 10-11 am, again at maybe 5 pm, and then a bedtime snack when I got my girl. I don't want to see you miserable not able to fall asleep so I'd have you continue with a 3rd meal.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkdust80 View Post
    Oh, and one other question: I love vinyasa yoga and do it probably twice a week. It's a power style, but we also meditate at the end, and I meditate daily now (didn't when I got my boys). As long as I do the yoga in addition to my 60 minutes of cardio 6-7 times a week, am I good for my sway? Thanks!
    If you're doing the other cardio and have lost at least a little weight on a low protein diet, that is fine.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, thanks! That is all really helpful. A few things:

I'm totally okay taking inositol in its own; I did that before I found a vitamin that had it included.

What about selenium? I was taking 200mg a day for a long time to manage thyroid antibodies, and I don't want those to go up.

What about iron every other day with a meal? I can tell when I'm low on it and so will only use then.

I'm finding myself needing to eat 4x a day instead of 3 -- is that okay (particularly while BFing)? I'm able to do a 12-13 hour fast no problem, but I'm just needing that extra meal. I'm keeping calories between 1800-2000 and hitting upper limits of fat / protein, getting between 60-70 grams a day.

Exercise is going great. I'm getting 60 minutes, sometimes more, of cardio daily. Plus lots of additional activity just doing normal daily tasks (like keeping up with my kids!). I've lost a pound already, in the few days I've been really doing this.

I'm also wondering -- I got a positive OPK this month at CD 13, and now on CD 17, I'm seeing brown spotting. I usually spot a little for over a week before AF (this is why my doc wanted me to do Vitex, but I haven't and won't given what I've read here), and it was previously (I thought) because of the mini pill, but is that a reason to worry?

Lastly, should I take Saw Palmetto?

Thanks!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd def. switch over to inositol alone.

I hope you mean 200 MICROgrams not milligrams. 200 micrograms selenium is still a high dose but 200 milligrams is toxic. I prefer you guys stick to no more than 100% recommended value of everything other than Vit. D (which is proven to probably be too low a recommendation). Beyond that, it's above my pay grade and I have to refer you back to your doctor, sorry.

4x a day is still very different than the all-day grazing a lot of us with all boys do. That's what I have people do when they can't stick to the diet, is add another meal.

Iron is fine when you need it. I often have people take iron supplements 3x a week as a maintenance dose if they tend to get low in it.

It's not at all unusual when nursing. Just be sure you're getting enough fat.

Please do not take vitex or saw palmetto as they generally make things like this way worse like throwing gas on a fire.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! And yes, I meant mcg. Sorry -- 200 mcg selenium. Will that sway blue?

I'll avoid SP and Vitex.

Do you know if the spotting before AF a sign of decreased fertility? I've mentioned it to my doc and will follow up but wondering what you tend to see here.

Thank you so much for all your time and advice!!

PS -- If I want to purchase a personalized plan, how do I do that?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast