Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New here with some questions...(kind of long)...

Hi! I'm new here and have been reading posts for hours already (did I really just admit that? ) and I am so intrigued by all this information! It's quite overwhelming, really. I've heard/read about "swaying" for a particular gender in the past, but never gave much thought to it...until this ultra-girly-what-in-the-world-would-I-do-with-a-boy woman ended up a mother to two boys! Haha!

So, here I am, ready to learn all I can about swaying pink! DH and I would like to try at least one more time for a girl, so we'd like to give it all we've got! However, I have some questions that hopefully someone can answer...

1) I think I read that the optimal time frame to TTC a girl is between March-May. Is this correct? And what is the reasoning for this? We were hoping to start trying towards the end of this year (probably around September, but more likely a bit earlier...like July/August). The main reason is because I'm pretty overweight right now, and would like to get to a healthy, fit weight before TTC. I've already lost 16 pounds since the first of this month, and I'm on track to lose at least 50 more pounds by the end of summer or so. If the fall is not a good time to start swaying pink, then should we wait until March-May of 2013? I really didn't want to wait that long.

2) In regard to my current diet/weight loss efforts: I ate a very "boy-sway" type of diet for a long time (which is probably why I conceived two boys!), and as of the first of this year, I decided enough was enough, and that I need to get healthy and lose this weight. So, after some research, I decided to start juicing fruits and veggies, and go on an extended juice fast. I've had great results so far (I'm on Day 20 today...planning on going 60 days). After the fast, I planned on gradually incorporating a pretty plant-based diet (veggies, fruits, nuts, beans/legumes, some grains, rarely fish/chicken). I wanted to adopt this healthy lifestyle in order to continue the successful weight loss I've been having (besides, I've been feeling great, too!). Anyway...it does not seem like this kind of diet would be very conducive for conceiving a girl. What would you suggest I do then? Should I continue on with my plan, and when it comes time to start swaying for a girl, start the LE diet then? Or should I start the LE diet as soon as I'm done with my juice fast (and therefore, start TTC *this* March-May, instead of next year)? If I do start TTC this spring, would it matter that I still have weight to lose? Or, should I wait until all the excess fat is gone from my body (thus creating the better scenario for swaying for a girl)? HELP! I'm confused as to what would be best!

3) I'm also not sure what I should be instructing my hubby to do/eat in order to help the sway. I'm especially confused as to when/how frequently we should BD, in terms of just once per cycle or several times before O. When conceiving my boys, we BD'd a few days before O, as well as the day of and the day after. DS1 took 3 months to conceive (but mostly bc DH was traveling, and we weren't timing things right until the last month). DS2 was conceived the first month trying. If it matters, I will be 30 this year, and DH just turned 34.

4) My last question is this: When we finally do get our BFP, is it alright to immediately resume eating a healthy, balanced diet again? I understand the importance of the LE diet when trying to sway for a girl, but I know I would feel better eating more whole, nutritious foods while pregnant. Thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for all your help! I am so glad I found this site!
    2013: twin boy stillborn at 37 weeks
    Sweet baby boy, you are loved and missed more than you will ever know.
    There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of you and wonder what
    you would have been like. I love you and miss you so much.
    Rest now, my baby, in the loving arms of Jesus.

Biggest shock of our lives - surprise BFP! And it's a GIRL!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    welcome!!

1 - yes, seasons are shown to sway a bit, but I wouldn't say they are a strong sway factor. Noone is 100% sure why.. it could be the body's reaction to daylight, diet changing during warmer/colder weather, amount of exercise, some say exposure to ions, etc. Personally I wouldn't base my sway on it. I conceived my DS in "perfect" girl months - right at the end of March/start of April (30th March by my temps, 1st April by the scan), but I did have lots of blue-sway factors in my lifecycle.

2 - the diet you're suggesting sounds quite vegetarian, and that is shown to sway pink. It's not an ideal girl-sway diet, but it's certainly better than eating meat frequently, etc. If you're not able/happy to do a full pink sway diet you could always follow the principles of the LE diet and try to stick within the limits of the LE diet (calories, fat, protein, sodium), making other changes such as to more pink-friendly soups and try to limit the fruit juices to more pink-friendly fruit such as strawberries/raspberries? and also make sure you skip breakfast too.
    weight loss definitely seems to sway too, so that will help

3- with DH, you mainly want him to lower his sperm count. He doesn't necessarily have to do diet or take any supps. It doesn't matter hugely whether you do this by abstaining for 7+ days before DTD for your attempt, or by frequently releasing every day (or BDing every day) for 7+ days, or by doing compressed FR and aiming to DTD within 8-12hrs following a previous release and discard (or discarding twice, and using the 3rd batch). He could also try tight underwear and hot baths, but doesn't have to.

4 - I will be immediately changing to my normal eating habits once I get a BFP. Not doing this diet any longer than I have to. If you're taking any supps you will want to gradually reduce those rather than stopping those cold turkey (excluding folic acid, which of course you continue).

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Hi! I'm new here and have been reading posts for hours already (did I really just admit that? ) and I am so intrigued by all this information! It's quite overwhelming, really. I've heard/read about "swaying" for a particular gender in the past, but never gave much thought to it...until this ultra-girly-what-in-the-world-would-I-do-with-a-boy woman ended up a mother to two boys! Haha!

So, here I am, ready to learn all I can about swaying pink! DH and I would like to try at least one more time for a girl, so we'd like to give it all we've got! However, I have some questions that hopefully someone can answer...

1) I think I read that the optimal time frame to TTC a girl is between March-May. Is this correct? And what is the reasoning for this? We were hoping to start trying towards the end of this year (probably around September, but more likely a bit earlier...like July/August). The main reason is because I'm pretty overweight right now, and would like to get to a healthy, fit weight before TTC. I've already lost 16 pounds since the first of this month, and I'm on track to lose at least 50 more pounds by the end of summer or so. If the fall is not a good time to start swaying pink, then should we wait until March-May of 2013? I really didn't want to wait that long.

2) In regard to my current diet/weight loss efforts: I ate a very "boy-sway" type of diet for a long time (which is probably why I conceived two boys!), and as of the first of this year, I decided enough was enough, and that I need to get healthy and lose this weight. So, after some research, I decided to start juicing fruits and veggies, and go on an extended juice fast. I've had great results so far (I'm on Day 20 today...planning on going 60 days). After the fast, I planned on gradually incorporating a pretty plant-based diet (veggies, fruits, nuts, beans/legumes, some grains, rarely fish/chicken). I wanted to adopt this healthy lifestyle in order to continue the successful weight loss I've been having (besides, I've been feeling great, too!). Anyway...it does not seem like this kind of diet would be very conducive for conceiving a girl. What would you suggest I do then? Should I continue on with my plan, and when it comes time to start swaying for a girl, start the LE diet then? Or should I start the LE diet as soon as I'm done with my juice fast (and therefore, start TTC *this* March-May, instead of next year)? If I do start TTC this spring, would it matter that I still have weight to lose? Or, should I wait until all the excess fat is gone from my body (thus creating the better scenario for swaying for a girl)? HELP! I'm confused as to what would be best!

3) I'm also not sure what I should be instructing my hubby to do/eat in order to help the sway. I'm especially confused as to when/how frequently we should BD, in terms of just once per cycle or several times before O. When conceiving my boys, we BD'd a few days before O, as well as the day of and the day after. DS1 took 3 months to conceive (but mostly bc DH was traveling, and we weren't timing things right until the last month). DS2 was conceived the first month trying. If it matters, I will be 30 this year, and DH just turned 34.

4) My last question is this: When we finally do get our BFP, is it alright to immediately resume eating a healthy, balanced diet again? I understand the importance of the LE diet when trying to sway for a girl, but I know I would feel better eating more whole, nutritious foods while pregnant. Thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for all your help! I am so glad I found this site!
    1)The info on the seasons is found here: the seasons and swaying but the weight loss is much more important than the seasons. There are plenty of seasons opposites (I have two!) TTC when it is convenient for you and your life.

2)Actually, you are not far off the LE Diet - if you focus on vegetarian sources of proteins that IS the LE Diet. People get confused by the "low nutrients" aspect of the LE Diet, but low nutrients does not mean NO nutrients. If you are eating 1500-1800 cals a day, 40-50 g of protein, and 20-30% calories from fat (25-60 g) and skip out on taking lots of vitamin supps (of course DO TAKE folic acid, 1200-1660 mcg) then you can have as much fruits, veg, and other healthy foods as you like. Whole grains are at your discretion, some people eat them, some don't. It is the overall intake of nutrients that counts, you do not nor should you avoid eating fruits and vegetables in the LE Diet. in fact, many vegetables are "free" foods in the LE Diet and you do not even need to count them in any way. The complete LE Diet, with meal guides, etc are all in the Dream Members section.

3)DH doesn't need to do anything special at all (unlike other diets, he does not need to do LE) but if he wants to, giving up red meat or even all meat, will only help. Frequency info is found here:frequency of BD for pink and blue

4)If you do the LE diet as it is meant to be done, it is SAFE to eat in early pg. I don't think you're quite grasping the LE Diet - it's not starvation, it's just lower! Whole foods are FINE to eat! Massive quantities of meat aren't great for you anyway. The LE Diet is actually better for you in a lot of ways than the standard Western diet. You need to keep the blood sugar under control by skipping breakfast/avoiding snacks and very large meals, for 5-7 days after ovulation and then you are free to resume whatever eating pattern you would like.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! we have boys the same age. I have a 3 year old and a 20 month old. I am a girly girl needing some pink, and bows in this house! Right now I am planning about TTC in september too! but being on this site seeing so many ladies get their pink bundles of joy makes me want to try sooner!!! I plan on doing the LE diet hardcore. I figure this is my last shot I am going to give it my all. My hubby agreed to abstain for 7+ days. Such a sweetheart. and I will be making him take a hot bath before we DTD. I think diet is the most important part and pH, then sperm count, then timing. Looks like you have got a good start here.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    welcome!!

1 - yes, seasons are shown to sway a bit, but I wouldn't say they are a strong sway factor. Noone is 100% sure why.. it could be the body's reaction to daylight, diet changing during warmer/colder weather, amount of exercise, some say exposure to ions, etc. Personally I wouldn't base my sway on it. I conceived my DS in "perfect" girl months - right at the end of March/start of April (30th March by my temps, 1st April by the scan), but I did have lots of blue-sway factors in my lifecycle.

2 - the diet you're suggesting sounds quite vegetarian, and that is shown to sway pink. It's not an ideal girl-sway diet, but it's certainly better than eating meat frequently, etc. If you're not able/happy to do a full pink sway diet you could always follow the principles of the LE diet and try to stick within the limits of the LE diet (calories, fat, protein, sodium), making other changes such as to more pink-friendly soups and try to limit the fruit juices to more pink-friendly fruit such as strawberries/raspberries? and also make sure you skip breakfast too.
    weight loss definitely seems to sway too, so that will help

3- with DH, you mainly want him to lower his sperm count. He doesn't necessarily have to do diet or take any supps. It doesn't matter hugely whether you do this by abstaining for 7+ days before DTD for your attempt, or by frequently releasing every day (or BDing every day) for 7+ days, or by doing compressed FR and aiming to DTD within 8-12hrs following a previous release and discard (or discarding twice, and using the 3rd batch). He could also try tight underwear and hot baths, but doesn't have to.

4 - I will be immediately changing to my normal eating habits once I get a BFP. Not doing this diet any longer than I have to. If you're taking any supps you will want to gradually reduce those rather than stopping those cold turkey (excluding folic acid, which of course you continue).
    Thank you so much for your reply!

Now that you mention it, and after I've done some more reading here, I've realized you're right - my diet is/will be a mainly vegetarian diet, which I've read does tend to sway pink. I have no problem doing the LE diet, if that's what it would take to help have a good sway. I guess I'm just not sure what my next steps would be regarding my diet, from here on out. Like I mentioned above, I'm currently doing a juice fast (I juice fresh veggies and some fruits multiple times per day, and drink only that and water). I was doing this fast as a way to kind of "reset" my digestive system and to lose weight. I was planning on doing this fast for 60 days, but I've recently thought I may stop at 30-40 days instead. Either way, I will have to come off the fast gradually and carefully, by eating only fresh fruits and veggies, and then wean myself back into eating normally. I was originally planning on adapting a healthy, nutrient-rich semi-vegetarian diet after the fast (fruits, veggies, beans/legumes, nuts, grains, and rarely some chicken and/or fish), but now I'm wondering if I should go right into the LE diet immediately after the fast? Does it matter if I end up doing FAST-->NUTRIENT-RICH VEGETARIAN DIET-->LE DIET vs. doing FAST-->LE DIET? I still have quite a bit of weight to lose (at least 50-60 pounds, maybe a little bit more if my goal is to be very, very thin when trying a pink sway). Would it be alright to start my vegetarian diet after the fast, then after more weight has dropped, switch over to the LE diet? I obviously don't want to be on the LE diet too long, and with this amount of weight to lose, I'm thinking maybe I should wait on the LE diet until I've lost a little bit more weight. I guess I'm just thinking out loud here...please do not hesitate to correct me if you think my ideas on this are wrong, or if you have anything else to add/suggest. I am not so much in a hurry to start TTC, as I am wanting to collect as much info as possible and plan a great sway when the time is right.

My main concern with DH...he has a pretty demanding job, and thus we aren't always as sexual as often as we'd like. I was hoping to do FR with him, or even compressed FR, but I'm not sure if he'd be up for the task. He might get worn out, I think. I know that abstinence with one attempt is also an option, but I worry about damaged sperm leading to birth defects. This can be a concern with this method, right?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    1)The info on the seasons is found here: the seasons and swaying but the weight loss is much more important than the seasons. There are plenty of seasons opposites (I have two!) TTC when it is convenient for you and your life.

2)Actually, you are not far off the LE Diet - if you focus on vegetarian sources of proteins that IS the LE Diet. People get confused by the "low nutrients" aspect of the LE Diet, but low nutrients does not mean NO nutrients. If you are eating 1500-1800 cals a day, 40-50 g of protein, and 20-30% calories from fat (25-60 g) and skip out on taking lots of vitamin supps (of course DO TAKE folic acid, 1200-1660 mcg) then you can have as much fruits, veg, and other healthy foods as you like. Whole grains are at your discretion, some people eat them, some don't. It is the overall intake of nutrients that counts, you do not nor should you avoid eating fruits and vegetables in the LE Diet. in fact, many vegetables are "free" foods in the LE Diet and you do not even need to count them in any way. The complete LE Diet, with meal guides, etc are all in the Dream Members section.

3)DH doesn't need to do anything special at all (unlike other diets, he does not need to do LE) but if he wants to, giving up red meat or even all meat, will only help. Frequency info is found here:frequency of BD for pink and blue

4)If you do the LE diet as it is meant to be done, it is SAFE to eat in early pg. I don't think you're quite grasping the LE Diet - it's not starvation, it's just lower! Whole foods are FINE to eat! Massive quantities of meat aren't great for you anyway. The LE Diet is actually better for you in a lot of ways than the standard Western diet. You need to keep the blood sugar under control by skipping breakfast/avoiding snacks and very large meals, for 5-7 days after ovulation and then you are free to resume whatever eating pattern you would like.
    Thank you for your reply as well!

And thanks for the link to the information about seasons and swaying. It was a very interesting read! However, I feel okay with TTC outside of the "optimal" time frame, like you suggested, if it comes to that.

In regard to the diet, see my reply to the post above. That pretty much explains what I'm confused about, in terms of what would be best for my situation. Also, regarding your reply...I understand that low nutrients doesn't mean no nutrients; however, the diet that I was thinking of going on after my juice fast IS pretty nutrient-rich: Lots of fruits and veggies, beans/legumes, nuts, whole grains, chicken, fish. Obviously, that wouldn't be the *best* diet for a girl sway, since it's basically loaded with nutrients, right? I'd love to follow the LE diet all while consuming some fruits and veggies...I would just have to modify it a bit to be more "girl-friendly"...right? I also wasn't trying to suggest that the girl diet is a starvation diet or anything like that, and I completely agree that the girl diet is much, much better for you than the standard Western diet (which I know a lot of, because that's how I conceived my boys, LOL!). The only part of the LE diet that bothers me a bit is the use of aspartame, and the drinking of sugary, empty calories in the form of diet soft drinks and such. It just seems so unhealthy for not only the woman, but a potential pregnancy, doesn't it? I'm truly not trying to offend anyone, I'm just curiously asking. If I were to follow a LE diet (and keep the calories, nutrients, meats, salts, etc. all low), I would be fine with that, and I think I could do that for some time. I just don't think I could purposefully consume diet soft drinks and aspartame and such. Would that still be a good sway?

And as for DH...again, I replied a bit about this above, but I also wonder if his eating healthier and losing weight will be a problem when trying to sway pink? I am sure I can get him on board to exclude meat, wear tighty whiteys, and possibly even run (30+ miles per week) and take some supplements. But will his losing a lot of weight over the next few months harm our sway in any way? Also, should he not weight train?
    Last edited by sweetpea; February 1st, 2012 at 12:00 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Navywife620 View Post
    Welcome! we have boys the same age. I have a 3 year old and a 20 month old. I am a girly girl needing some pink, and bows in this house! Right now I am planning about TTC in september too! but being on this site seeing so many ladies get their pink bundles of joy makes me want to try sooner!!! I plan on doing the LE diet hardcore. I figure this is my last shot I am going to give it my all. My hubby agreed to abstain for 7+ days. Such a sweetheart. and I will be making him take a hot bath before we DTD. I think diet is the most important part and pH, then sperm count, then timing. Looks like you have got a good start here.
    Oh wow! Yep, I have a 3-year-old and a 20-month-old, too! Just turned 20 months on the 30th, actually. I agree with you on all counts - I'm thinking I may start trying sooner as well, and I also plan on doing the LE diet as closely as I can. I, too, want to give this sway all I've got. Good luck to you!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    writing this before work, so don't have masses of time to write lots, but this is what springs to mind from reading your replies:

1- LE diet not being good long-term (or, you seem to want to only be on that a short time). I don't think the LE diet itself is unhealthy in the longer term - it's certainly healthier than the IG and FGD diets and both of those are considered safe for up to 6 months. Why would you prefer to do vegetarian diet to the LE diet? Is there another reason?

2- aspartame/soda - you honestly don't need to do either of those things! if you're not stressing about pH (i.e. already know it's low or are lowering it with either aspirin or a douche), I wouldn't worry about aspartame. You could stick to water or peppermint tea and do just fine on the LE diet

3- well, I think you'd have to ask your DH about what he can do With regards to the birth defects from abstaining, that's mainly in men over 35 but even then I think the chances are about 5% or something, not overly high since there is an increase risk of that anyway if you're much older.

4- I don't think there are any benefits to losing increased amounts of weight before the diet - it's good to have some left to lose before you start TTC because you can never be sure how long TTC will take

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My suggestion with the healthy diet would be to avoid healthy fats in your diet...limit your olive oil, olives, omega-3s, nuts, etc...fish is fine, as a matter of fact, I personally find fish a great source of lean protein for a girl diet, just DON'T marinate it in olive oil! Cook it very basic, and personally, I'd avoid fish like salmon, (or just have it once in a while), that is highly nutritious....I personally think tiplia is a great choice of a healthy fish that is not *too* healthy, if you know what I mean?

Also, regarding seasons, there are both genders born everyday of the year, so while seasons may sway slightly, I've become disinclined to believe they hold a massive power. I concieved my first son in Jan, and my second in August, and August and summer is supposed to be a girl season, but he's all boy, I promise you. That's why I went ahead and attempted in Dec. because I really didn't think the seasons would have a big enough impact to wreck my sway. I guess we'll see in the future.

Good luck on your attempt...and i think losing weight is a great idea for your health and body and TTC'ing pink!
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    should probably add, frozen fish in supermarkets often has quite low sodium... and it would be even less if you soaked it in water overnight before cooking it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast