Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Diet... help please!!

I have been doing the standard LE diet and have not been losing much weight despite eating only 1200-1500 calories a day and jogging 60 minutes (slowly but still ends up being about 4 miles) 6x a week. In fact I had lost a few pounds but today I’m up 1 pound or so. I’m wondering if I should possibly switch to the PCOS version? The diet and exercise are a HUGE change for me. I guess it’s also possible I’m just eating some unfavorable things as well! I’ve mostly cut out meat entirely except for occasional chicken. On a typical day I don’t eat until around noon then eat maybe a salad with light/ fat free dressing and a baked potato with sour cream and chives. Then for dinner egg noodles with a little butter and some Parmesan or a Totino’s cheese pizza. (I do eat other things like mushrooms, cauliflower, peeled apple, yoplait light yogurt etc these are just a few examples) I’m not really paying attention to salt, just not adding extra to all my food like I normally would. I’m not entirely sure what my carb range should actually be but I’m almost always within limits for protein and fat. What would you recommend? Am I just doing fine and overthinking it?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unless you're already under BMI 21 I think you'll do better on the alternate diet.

Are you counting the calories and protein in things like fruit and veg?? If you are, stop. I am not seeing how you can possibly be getting enough protein and fat without counting those things. I would also have you drop any fat free products (they're usually quite carby) particularly skim and part skim dairy.

If you're in the limits for calories, protein and fat (which will be 50-60 g on LE Diet) the carbs will take care of themselves. No need to limit or count them.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Should I keep up with the same amount of exercise or cut back? Would you still recommend coffee, fiber and alcohol?

Is it also 6 weeks before TTC or is longer better?

Also is the one you’re recommending the one that says pick an item from each list x servings per day? Will I mostly get the protein from non meat sources?

Sorry for all the questions! I truly appreciate your help so much!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh! And should I still skip breakfast?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Same exercise. Please don't cut back.

12 weeks before is best, but if you've been dieting you can likely count that in.

That's sort of a simplified version, yes. What I'd prefer is that you guys do the 1500-1800 cals a day, 50-60 g protein and fat (not counting protein and fat in fruit and veg, and NOTHING in low carb veg, they're free and unlimited), full fat dairy only, no skim, limit or cut out sugar, and use whole grains insted The reason I made that diet is because some people had trouble figuring that out but if you can figure it out using the macros that is best.

Yep still skip breakfast!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ