Thread: Trying to

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trying to

Hi Atomic/ladies,

Sorry this thread posted before I was finished, I’ll finish it now. I’m in England so that makes a difference to advice i guess.
    I am looking for a bit of advice, so last baby (failed sway attempt) I was put on metformin (PCOS) but told that as I ovulate myself I wouldn’t be given Clomid. Now we’ve always fallen pregnant straight away so clearly no issues there although I have had several miscarriages. I got Clomid online and used it to conceive. Now I have one set of pills left but they are out of date. I have an appointment with a gynae coming up as there is talk of putting me on baby asprin and I also want to get Metformin again. I want to ask for Clomid too but don’t know how to go about it. Should I say we’ve been trying for a while already? Are there any points I could put forward as to why Clomid could help me even though I already ovulate?
    Should I admit that I previously got some online? Anyone bought Clomid online and admitted it to a doctor in UK?
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by EnglishDame; January 19th, 2020 at 04:02 PM.
    2 little cuties

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi!

I’ve bought Clomid online in the U.K., but it was still issued by a Doctor after me filling in a form online. When I mentioned this to my doctor face to face they were quick to say that it wasn’t ideal as I wasn’t being monitored.

I believe the reason I was issued with Clomid was because I said I have PCOS (which I do) and we’d been trying for a few months to conceive (which we had, but I was doing Shettles so was always trying several days before ovulation).

I wouldn’t directly ask for Clomid. Maybe just say you’ve read about it and wondered if it would help...

Good luck

3. Thanks EnglishDame thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PLEASE don't say you ordered it online. They will never give it to you in that case and will make notes in your permanent record to that effect. UK docs are terrible about not prescribing meds that are entirely medically indicated anyway, don't give them any more justification.

How long has it been since you had your last baby??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks EnglishDame thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It’s been over a year since my last baby. I just don’t know how to ask for it when they know I ovulate. I had thought about saying that we were trying for a year last time and then I took Clomid and got pregnant no problem on it but if you think I shouldn’t tell them.
    The website I got it from last time don’t do it anymore.
    I wonder if I should consider taking the out of date stuff, it’ll be about 7 months out of date by the time we start trying.
    2 little cuties

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You MUST NOT tell them. I promise you will not ever get it. If it's been less than 2 years since your last baby it's going to be a challenge to get them to prescribe it. They like you to have tried for a full year before prescribing it and if you were less than 18 months postpartum before you began trying they often will chalk it up to not being fully fertile postpartum.

The expired stuff will just be less effective. It isn't believed to go bad in a way that could harm you, it would just work less and less well over time. Your call to make of course.

8. Thanks EnglishDame thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic, really appreciate the advice. I’ll focus on the metformin and see what happens. I think I’ll just take the out of date Clomid, even if it doesn’t work as well at least it’s better than not having it.
    Last time I joined here so that I could use the private forum and things, this time I’m going to get a personalised sway so I’ll do that in the next few weeks with a view to swaying at least 4 months before we try.
    2 little cuties

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok! Looking forward to working with you!

12. Likes EnglishDame liked this post