Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For your sway, it means you need to eat fewer carbs and it's fine for you to increase protein and fat somewhat in order to do that. I would set a limit of more like 65 g fat and 70 g protein and see how that works.

Are you on cinnamon or myoinositol (do not start these till after you have seen your doctor)?

I can't answer any of your specifics about how blood sugar works. We just don't know. Your blood sugar being low most of the day is what we're aiming at. Yes, small amounts of sugar in a meal are largely unavoidable.

Dairy is fine within limits. Just because I dont' want you guys to treat dairy as an "eat all you can" food, doesn't mean you can't have it within limits. Yes, people have had a lot of dairy (remember, the French diet is based on that!) and still gotten girl. That is honestly nothing compared to what some people have on the French diet!

I would definitely add in exercise as that can drastically improve your blood sugar.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Thanks Verena thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    For your sway, it means you need to eat fewer carbs and it's fine for you to increase protein and fat somewhat in order to do that. I would set a limit of more like 65 g fat and 70 g protein and see how that works.

Are you on cinnamon or myoinositol (do not start these till after you have seen your doctor)?

I can't answer any of your specifics about how blood sugar works. We just don't know. Your blood sugar being low most of the day is what we're aiming at. Yes, small amounts of sugar in a meal are largely unavoidable.

Dairy is fine within limits. Just because I dont' want you guys to treat dairy as an "eat all you can" food, doesn't mean you can't have it within limits. Yes, people have had a lot of dairy (remember, the French diet is based on that!) and still gotten girl. That is honestly nothing compared to what some people have on the French diet!

I would definitely add in exercise as that can drastically improve your blood sugar.
    Thank you so much for your answer!

I will try to follow your recommendation concerning limits. I'm still breastfeeding my 1.5 yo (really small amounts, but technically still breastfeeding), so I hope increasing limits a bit doesn't do that much harm.

I haven't tried using cinnamon or myoinositol. I'm not sure if they are appropriate for me because I don't have problems at all with fasting glucose. If they would lower my general glucose levels, I might get problems with too low fasting glucose? Or does their effect only last for hours after taking them? I will definitely ask the doc about that.

My next problem is that I will start a new job in September. Unfortunately the contract is temporary for two years with the option of becoming permanent after the two years. If I get pregnant during those two years, I will very likely lose that job (medical field, not allowed to work in that environment during pregnancy, so I would have to stop working for at least a year if I get pregnant). I will be 39 in November, so waiting for two more years is not really a good option also. So I think I will just try to have a pink-friendly LE-ish diet without hardcore swaying to be ready to ttc if something unforeseen happens during those two years. My heart is really sad about maybe not being able to go for another child but the job is too perfect for not taking it. Difficult situation but that's also the reason why I don't do the full exercise that is recommended for swaying pink. I try to fit in like 30 min exercise several times a week though. Do you have any advices for being on a sort of permanent LE diet?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G970F mit Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The important thing is that you're eating less than you were recently, and when you got your boy(s).

I am fine with you not taking cinnamon or myoinositol. I have had several people lately who just randomly started taking them so I just needed to make sure (super high and dangerous doses in many cases) I don't want anyone taking them without checking with me first. If we do end up putting you onto one or the other (I would likely not advise cinnamon while breastfeeding, and a low dose of myo) I do not want you to start anything till you have seen a doctor, regardless.

In your case, my suggestion would be to follow a lower carb but not very low carb, higher protein and fat type of diet such as the later stages of South Beach (not the induction phase), Protein Power Plan, or Perfect Health Diet, or a modified version of the atomic fertility diet where you eat more than what most people do. I want you to focus on whole grains, fruit, veg, nuts, full fat dairy only (no skim), eggs, and smallish amounts of meat and fish trying to stick in the 70ish range of protein. Cut out sugar and refined carbs whenever possible, and you may need to cut back on carbs all together. But DO focus more on vegetable fats, particularly olive oil, nuts, avocado, coconut oil, and less on animal (but you can still have full fat dairy and eggs, and some meat.) Salmon or tuna 2x a week but no more than that.

Normally I would have people go fully vegetarian but I think that would be a disaster for you due to the blood sugar situation and your age. Way too many carbs on a vegetarian diet. So I would do more of a 30/30/40 type of thing (30% healthy carb, 30% healthy fat, 40% protein)

5. Thanks Verena thanked for this post
    Likes Verena liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you again so much for taking the time to answer me atomic! I tried to calculate how much grams of prot I would have to eat on a 1850 kcal / day diet to achieve the 30/30/40 and I think I would have to eat like 140 g of prot? Wouldn't that sway the opposite way?

I also found this article on "normal" blood sugar peaks an it seems it's not completely unusual that blood sugar spikes up to 160 and more after a carby meal. And I guess I even had more carbs in one meal when I measured the 160/180 than the meals in that study had. I ate 170g whole grain pasta before...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2769652/

So maybe maybe there's still hope that the doc will say that I don't have (big) a problem. I will go and see the doc soon anyways of course.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it would be more protein than would sway pink if you followed those percentages exactly with that cal range. Which is why I mentioned the 70 g protein. Eat that style of diet with the 70 g protein range (and if you are not swaying for a while you may want to do one of those types of diets all the time.)

I agree I did not think that was a problematic blood sugar level but that's a bit beyond my pay grade so I would talk to the doc about it.

8. Likes Verena liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it would be more protein than would sway pink if you followed those percentages exactly with that cal range. Which is why I mentioned the 70 g protein. Eat that style of diet with the 70 g protein range (and if you are not swaying for a while you may want to do one of those types of diets all the time.)

I agree I did not think that was a problematic blood sugar level but that's a bit beyond my pay grade so I would talk to the doc about it.
    Okay got it with the 70 g protein. I will do it that way. Thank you again atomic!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just need to clarify that that is IF you are swaying. If you are not swaying for 2 years I would ease off the protein restriction for a while.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just need to clarify that that is IF you are swaying. If you are not swaying for 2 years I would ease off the protein restriction for a while.
    Oh okay I was planning to stay in the 70 g protein range during the 2 years. I might lose the job or might change my mind or something else might happen and then I wanted to be ready to ttc. Would you ease off the protein restriction because of blood sugar or other reasons?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    70 g protein is safe in the long term if you want to stick to that. I'm trying to give you a diet that will keep your insulin response optimal and is easy to stick to. If you want to be ready to go at a moment's notice then stick to the 70 g protein.

13. Thanks Verena thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    70 g protein is safe in the long term if you want to stick to that. I'm trying to give you a diet that will keep your insulin response optimal and is easy to stick to. If you want to be ready to go at a moment's notice then stick to the 70 g protein.
    At the moment I can't let go of the thought of ttc soon although life seems to have other plans for me... so I will stick to the 70 g range for a while and see what time brings. Thank you again so much for your advice! :-)

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast