Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Finasteride is better.

Yes I prefer since you don't have time on your side you start trying after only 6 weeks on diet.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can definitely sway and you're not mad! I just did at 41 and pregnant with a girl after 2 boys. I had a personalised sway plan with Atomic, and also implemented some of the lifestyle changes recommended in the book "It Starts with the Egg", I think it made a difference in my egg quality and I conceived 2nd cycle trying at age 41, I did an NIPT that tested all chromosomes and got low risk results for all, so seems it was a good egg!

It was a balancing act for me to try to improve egg quality while keeping in mind a lot of fertility boosting things sway boy. Good luck with your sway, you're in good hands with Atomic here!
    Last edited by Chloepink; February 12th, 2020 at 08:13 PM.

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes tillytys liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you - that's so good to know! Can I ask what changes you implemented re fertility and what you think the biggest sway factors were?

It's so nice to have hope!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Talia40 View Post
    Thank you - that's so good to know! Can I ask what changes you implemented re fertility and what you think the biggest sway factors were?

It's so nice to have hope!!
    I followed some of the recommendations in the It Starts with The Egg book: Minimised exposure to plastics in food and drinks (eg. replaced plastic water bottles with stainless steel or glass, not microwave or store food in plastics), minimised exposure to fragrances and chemicals, no perfume, no nail polish, minimised visits to hair salon. I figured these things don't sway and they're supposed to help egg quality. As to the rest of the book about diet and supplements, it's a tricky balance between what the book says (maximising fertility) and swaying girl (wanting lower fertility). I largely followed Atomic on these and not the book.

I think diet, exercise, and 1 attempt sway the most. There's definitely hope!

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The one piece of advice I really really want you guys to NOT take from the It Starts With an Egg book is melatonin. I think melatonin should be reserved ONLY for women doing egg retrievals who will freeze their eggs for future transfer (at which point in time they should be totally off the melatonin) I don't want anyone who might be pregnant in the same month they've taken melatonin. It may cause developmental delays when taken more than occasionally during pregnancy, and we don't know how long the effects last. Plus, we know that the body needs naturally occurring melatonin in early pregnancy, so you can't start taking it before pregnancy and drop it or even wean off, because the body may interpret that as a decline in melatonin that means to end the pregnancy. There are other, safer ways to improve egg quality.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The one piece of advice I really really want you guys to NOT take from the It Starts With an Egg book is melatonin. I think melatonin should be reserved ONLY for women doing egg retrievals who will freeze their eggs for future transfer (at which point in time they should be totally off the melatonin) I don't want anyone who might be pregnant in the same month they've taken melatonin. It may cause developmental delays when taken more than occasionally during pregnancy, and we don't know how long the effects last. Plus, we know that the body needs naturally occurring melatonin in early pregnancy, so you can't start taking it before pregnancy and drop it or even wean off, because the body may interpret that as a decline in melatonin that means to end the pregnancy. There are other, safer ways to improve egg quality.
    That book also specifies melatonin for IVF, it doesn’t recommend women TTC naturally to take it, although for a different reason:
    “Unfortunately, it is probably not a good idea to take a melatonin supplement if you are trying to conceive naturally because it appears that melatonin may have a direct role in regulating the production of hormones that control the ovulation cycle. A melatonin supplement may therefore disrupt the natural hormone balance and interfere with ovulation.”

I didn’t take it for that reason, but I wasn’t aware of the link to developmental delays. Good to know!

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, good, I'm glad it says that. I have had several clients who wanted to take it after reading the book, apparently despite reading that.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's very helpful. I am trying to avoid plastic and chemicals though not easy at mo especially with all the Coronavirus wash you hands 100 times a day messaging!!!!

Atomic- I just wanted to ask you how many months I should stick with 1 attempt for? I am doing the diet (surprisingly easy) and moderate exercise every few days and plan to TTC this month 1 attempt. I try 41 in May so wondered how long you think I should stick to just 1 attempt! I am happy to be patient but I just worry about my old eggs!!! Thanks so much!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally think avoiding plastic and chemicals is overrated. I think eating a better diet is much more effective (as we already discussed.) So please don't stress about that.

2 months max with one attempt.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's v reassuring re plastic etc!! After two tries of 1 attempt and if no BFP what would I move to re frequency? Thanks so much!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast