Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

One more try! 2 questions

Hi atomic! I have a 10 month old failed sway (who is the love of my life and I couldn’t be happier now that he’s a boy!!) I have 2 boys, then had 4 miscarriages(swayed for over a year throughout these), then had our last baby boy this past March. I was very sad it was a boy for about a week and then I was completely over it and so excited, and haven’t thought about it since. I’ve always wanted 4 kids but after all of the trouble we had last time I didn’t want to try again and really was at peace with 3 kids throughout my pregnancy. Since having him, I’ve immediately wanted another...and truly would be so happy with another healthy boy. I actually feel like it would be another boy and am perfectly fine with that. I would of course still love a girl too, so I’m planning on doing a light sway- not stressing about it at all though. Just doing what I can. My last sway was textbook, and it consumed me. So, I have two questions-

1- I feel like with my history I need to do something for egg quality. Is Coq10 ok for a girl sway? Is there something better? I plan on taking only folate, baby aspirin(I need for blood clotting disorder), and magnesium (I need for regularity) while TTC.

2-are you still all or nothing on exercise? I walked 1 hour a day, 5-6 days a week last time but with 3 small kids at home with me in the summer I know that won’t happen. But I also need exercise for my mental health.

I’m not planning to TTC till the summer, just trying to get my plan now. Wow, I didn’t mean for this to be so long- sorry!! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With the 4 miscarriages were you taking aspirin or any herbs? Were you on the aspirin at that time or was the blood clotting disorder discovered because of the miscarraiges?

Coq10 can actually make your blood clot more easily. I would very much hesitate to have you use it since it may make the aspirin less effective.

RE exercise, we have had such good results with it that I've actually relaxed my guidelines considerably. While I do still recommend getting as much exercise as is feasible, if you can't get up to the full exercise I'm ok with you doing less provided you've lost at least a bit of weight on a lower protein diet. The thing that may sway blue is mod. exercise plus weight gain on a higher protein diet, but as long as you're eating lower protein and have lost a bit of weight you can do less. I do think the 60 minutes is more important than the 5-6 days a week, though.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!! And I found out about the blood clotting disorder because of the miscarriages(I think after my 2nd.) So I take the baby aspirin everyday while TTC. As well as lovenox injections once I get pregnant. Good to know on the Coq10! I will skip that. I will be 38 when I try, so egg quality is an issue but I think for me what gave me my healthy rainbow is folate. (I have MTHFR gene defect.)

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Absolutely take folate, but I would also have you follow a lower (but NOT very low carb) diet like South Beach, the Zone - anything that is somewhat higher in protein, but still includes a lot of fruit, veg, and whole grains, plus a good intake of healthy fat. Eating too many carbs (particularly simple carbs) is bad for egg quality and coq10 is like one of those teeny tiny bandaids on a gunshot wound if you don't eat lower carbs! The coq10 is an attempt to try to do what eating lower carbs does naturally.

Just to stress this again - don't go on keto or Atkins, those are not safe and can have other ill effects for fertility. Lower but not very low carb!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!! I eat sooo many carbs

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can still eat them, just choose healthy carbs. Whole grains, potato/sweet potato, fruit, veg are all good. Avoid things like sugar, white flour, and rice/corn flour things.

White rice (not flour, but the actual rice) and white pasta are quite well tolerated by a lot of people though, so if you really cannot bear brown rice and wheat pasta (many can't) they are not terrible if you wish to continue those two things.

8. Thanks blessedmama2 thanked for this post