Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How long can sperm realistically live?

When I google I keep getting 5 days for an answer.
    But with a girl sway, one of the methods is every 4 days... how would that work if sperm can live 5 days?

This cycle I had an attempt on day 10 and day 14 and think I ovulated on day 13 or 14.

In the two week wait now but it's made me nervous reading sperm can live up to 5 days because then the sperm from day 10 and 14 could both me in my system? Would that class as 2 attempts in my fertile window?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Pixiebelle; February 5th, 2020 at 09:24 AM.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got pregnant with a 5 day cut off. I was using OPK’s and an ultrasound confirmed it. I was shocked, as I didn’t think it was possible. But indeed I conceived! (But sadly lost the baby at 10 weeks. Blighted ovum my body didn’t recognize).

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Google is wrong.

They have pulled living sperm out of the reproductive tract 5-7 days but just because the sperm is alive doesn't mean it can fertilize anything or make it to the egg if it isn't already there. A study done a couple years ago found that sex 4 days before ovulation had a roughly 1 in 1000 chance, 5 days before had roughly 1 in 10,000, and 6 days had i in 100,000 chance. It just does not happen (and I can attest I have seen I'm sure into the thousands of people if not more, who went on and on and on not conceiving with 4 and even 3 day cutoffs. People have gone YEARS not conceiving with 4 day cutoffs, I have seen it happen more times than I care to recall since it's such a waste of the fertile window and does not sway anyway)

In addition to the length sperm live, there's also the question of your reproductive tract being inhospitable and the sperm invariably dying much faster than under ideal circumstances. Most people will not be fertile before CD 10 or even more like CD 12ish, and any sperm deposited will very quickly die. Sperm does not live long out of the fertile window, and for most women in most months that fertile window is only about 2 1/2 days long, 3 1/2 at absolute longest.

Now, to explain further about the e4d method, you cannot have had two attempts really because first of all your attempts were actually what we consider the "96 hour" schedule (really more like every FIVE days) and there is absolutely no way that was two attempts. If you ovulated CD 13, the sperm from the next day cannot have reached the egg. If you ovulated CD 14, and there was anything left from the CD 10 BD (very unlikely, and even more unlikely that it would have been capable of fertilizing an egg) it would have already fertilized the egg by the time the CD 14 attempt would have been deposited and capacitated. No matter what it was one attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks Pixiebelle thanked for this post
    Likes Pixiebelle liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Google is wrong.

They have pulled living sperm out of the reproductive tract 5-7 days but just because the sperm is alive doesn't mean it can fertilize anything or make it to the egg if it isn't already there. A study done a couple years ago found that sex 4 days before ovulation had a roughly 1 in 1000 chance, 5 days before had roughly 1 in 10,000, and 6 days had i in 100,000 chance. It just does not happen (and I can attest I have seen I'm sure into the thousands of people if not more, who went on and on and on not conceiving with 4 and even 3 day cutoffs. People have gone YEARS not conceiving with 4 day cutoffs, I have seen it happen more times than I care to recall since it's such a waste of the fertile window and does not sway anyway)

In addition to the length sperm live, there's also the question of your reproductive tract being inhospitable and the sperm invariably dying much faster than under ideal circumstances. Most people will not be fertile before CD 10 or even more like CD 12ish, and any sperm deposited will very quickly die. Sperm does not live long out of the fertile window, and for most women in most months that fertile window is only about 2 1/2 days long, 3 1/2 at absolute longest.

Now, to explain further about the e4d method, you cannot have had two attempts really because first of all your attempts were actually what we consider the "96 hour" schedule (really more like every FIVE days) and there is absolutely no way that was two attempts. If you ovulated CD 13, the sperm from the next day cannot have reached the egg. If you ovulated CD 14, and there was anything left from the CD 10 BD (very unlikely, and even more unlikely that it would have been capable of fertilizing an egg) it would have already fertilized the egg by the time the CD 14 attempt would have been deposited and capacitated. No matter what it was one attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Google is wrong.

Gosh atomic, thank you for sharing all of that with me. You are just fantastic.
    I will keep up with the every 4 days then.
    Not 100% that I did ovulate when I thought anyway, not tracking, I was just going off one sided pain and excess EWCM x

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sunflowertravels View Post
    I got pregnant with a 5 day cut off. I was using OPK’s and an ultrasound confirmed it. I was shocked, as I didn’t think it was possible. But indeed I conceived! (But sadly lost the baby at 10 weeks. Blighted ovum my body didn’t recognize).
    I'm really sorry for your loss xx

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post