Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cinnamon and Myoinositol

Do cinnamon and/or myoinositol sway pink when taken in conjunction with the LE diet? I know they can have an affect on blood sugar levels, so just curious! Thank you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have needed an essay on these for a while, so I'm going to write a very thorough reply here, please don't think I'm being incredibly over-involved with my answer, it's because I'm going to add this to the Complete Index so I'm hitting all the high points I can think of!

Yes, we believe they may help sway pink, but they are NOT RIGHT for everyone to take. I have a very limited group of people I recommend these for, and that is because they have some negative side effects for those who do not need them.

Only take cinnamon (ceylon ONLY, not cassia) in very small amounts, either 1/2 tsp (TEASPOON!!) during the FP and 1/4 tsp. for the LP (this is in a minority of people with more than 50 lbs to spare and/or severe PCOS) or 1/4 tsp during the FP and 1/8 tsp (yes, this is a very small amount!) in the LP (most people who use cinnamon, meaning those who have 30+ pounds to lose AND have moderate to severe PCOS - if you have 30-50 pounds to spare and don't have PCOS, don't take cinnamon!!) and then at BFP gradually wean back to dietary amounts. Don't stop it suddenly and don't continue taking it into pregnancy, either.

I do not want to see anyone taking teaspoons of cinnamon or the capsules that have higher doses in them. These are for people who hve serious trouble regulating blood sugar like Type 2 diabetics. You can kill yourself doing that or even your kids if your blood sugar drops too low and you pass out (and yes, this actually has happened to people, thankfully with no lasting harm done).

Myoinositol - again, only if you have 30-50+ pounds to spare and/or have moderate to severe PCOS. My preferred dose is 500-1000 mg daily during the FP (and some people go up to 2000 mg, but understand - the dose is greater for those who have more weight to spare and worse PCOS, so this is not something to max the dose on if you do not need to!) and then during the LP, half of whatever you were taking OR take your dose every other day (if you can't reduce the dose) and at BFP just continue weaning off gradually by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then you can drop them.

Do not take these things if you are breastfeeding. If you are on ANY medication, have health issues, or are taking cranberry or aspirin or any other herbal supplements, please please check with me before starting cinnamon or myoinositol even if you fit into those categories.

If you're reading this now thinking "well, I don't fall into those categories but I want to try these things anyway, where's the harm" PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT RIGHT FOR YOU. The reason I recommend the things I do is because I have seen the outcomes of lots and lots of people, and when people take supplements they don't need, I have seen a lot of very poor consequences.
    People taking cinnamon when they didn't need to have lost too much weight which delays or stops ovulation, they had very low blood sugar that in several instances caused people to faint, and they ended up having issues with bleeding and bruising since cinnamon is a strong blood thinner. It may also contribute to liver problems.

People taking myoinositol when they don't need to have seen their FSH go nuts (raising even into the 30's on a couple occasions), weight flies off delaying or stopping ovulation, the cycle has gone weird for people with spotty ovulation and short LP even without excess weight loss, it may interfere with your body's ability to absorb other nutrients, and it can also lower blood sugar and contribute to fainting even though it's nowhere near as dramatic as the cinnamon is.

This is true EVEN IF your doctor or a naturopath suggests them for you (particularly myoinositol is being widely recommended lately because some have said "it's good for egg quality"). Doctors and naturopaths often hear about a supplement and do little to no investigation of the side effects and recommend it based on only the supposed positives without even knowing of any downsides. I can say with 100% certainty that for many, many people, the majority of people, in fact, taking cinnamon and myoinositol may cause more harm than good and so please please I beg you ladies, don't take them if you don't need them!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Abifasc liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic. I have just looked up chitosan as asked you about it as it was on my plan. But I won’t take as I’m only 6 stone 13 pounds (around 43.6kg)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Thanks Yane85 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post