Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

PLEASE STOP EATING SUGAR ON THE PCOS-TYPE DIETS!!!

REMINDER - the PCOS Pink Diet and atomic fertility diet are meant to be SUGAR FREE. If you are doing these diets and are eating sugar more than just as the occasional cheat when you're dying for some (meaning, several times a day or week) you are not doing the diet correctly and are not going to get the superior results achieved by those who avoided sugar.

Quite a few of our opposites this last year were in people who ate lots of sugar when they had PCOS or had 30+ lbs to spare. Most of them simply didn't understand it was an important recommendation and assumed I was being overzealous about this and/or thought I was trying to get them to lose more weight. Weight loss is NOT why sugar is avoided on these diets. It is because the people I recommend to be on these types of diets have poor insulin response so their blood sugar stays elevated for a long time after eating, which sways blue and also raises testosterone. It may also harm egg quality. Avoiding sugar with PCOS is BY FAR more important than weight loss so if you're justifying eating sugar because you're losing weight anyway, please stop eating a bunch of sugar.

YOU ARE HURTING YOUR SWAY BADLY if you eat sugar when you have PCOS or have a fair bit of weight to spare. For best results stick with little to no sugar till your BMI drops to 21 and then add it in in reasonable amounts as a braking mechanism on weight loss, ONLY if you need it, and ONLY if you don't have moderate to severe PCOS even when your BMI is on the low side.

We have outstanding results with our LE PCOS-type diet so PLEASE PLEASE stick to it. Don't undermine your success! Limit sugar, I know it's not easy but it really will help your sway.

Basic version of the alternate diet that is suitable for anyone with PCOS or tendencies towards PCOS, insulin resistance, 30-50 lbs to spare, or is over 38 and especially 40:

1500-1800 cal for most (some go up to 1800-2000, a very few go down to 1200-1500, and low carb vegetables are free for calories, you can have as much as you want, no need to count anything in them)

50-60 g protein and fat (NOT COUNTING protein and fat in fruit and vegetables)

Whole grains only, no refined grains (some people have had regular pasta and white rice, they are somewhat better than white flour bread and pastry, so use your own judgement there)

NO SKIM DAIRY ONLY FULL FAT DAIRY (not even 2% dairy, full fat ONLY)

NO SUGAR (other than the occasional cheat when you just can't stand itt.

You are not hurting your sway eating like this if you need to be on this diet. (some people worry it is too high in nutrients, it isn't, and in fact we have BETTER results than standard LE Diet.) In fact you are hurting your sway SERIOUSLY if you need to be on this diet and don't follow it. You must not and should not follow the standard LE Diet if you have PCOS or tendencies towards them, insulin resistance, poor egg quality, or a fair amount of weight to lose.

Just taking cinnamon or myoinositol or vinegar etc, etc, etc DOES NOT MAKE UP FOR not having the right kind of diet. Do not load up on sugar and then take a bunch of supplements to lower blood sugar. It doesn't work and can make you very ill doing that.

Please please please take this seriously, I have reasons why I make the recommendations I do based in seeing a lot of sways that worked out and some that didn't. This is not just me being overprotective or too strict for the sake of safety, it's because I want your sways to work!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Thanks LA_Girl thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For the full fat yoghurt,is greek yoghurt ok? Is this One good? It has 5% fat.

Species Per 100 Grams. RI *
    Energy 320 kJ (77 kcal)
    Fat 5 g
    Of which saturated 3.5 g
    Total unsaturated fatty acids 1.5 g
    Carbohydrates 4.5 g
    Of which sugars 4.5 g
    Dietary fiber 0 g
    Proteins 3.5 g
    Salt 0.1 g
    Calcium 122 mg 15.25%

Or is it it beter to take the One that has 10% fat?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is honey also forbidden in Pcos diet ?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeforpinkbaby View Post
    For the full fat yoghurt,is greek yoghurt ok? Is this One good? It has 5% fat.

Species Per 100 Grams. RI *
    Energy 320 kJ (77 kcal)
    Fat 5 g
    Of which saturated 3.5 g
    Total unsaturated fatty acids 1.5 g
    Carbohydrates 4.5 g
    Of which sugars 4.5 g
    Dietary fiber 0 g
    Proteins 3.5 g
    Salt 0.1 g
    Calcium 122 mg 15.25%

Or is it it beter to take the One that has 10% fat?
    The "No Sugar" I'm talking about are people who either think "the alternate diets are so healthy, I"m going to do the standard diet anyway" and are then living on Pop Tarts and gummy worms or "I can't live without sugar, I'm still going to eat a candy bar and drink pop every day, surely it can't hurt because atomic is being overly conservative here" and while I completely understand the latter position entirely, the truth is that this one issue has been a commonality between several failed sways this year, so I needed to warn everyone about it.

Sugar in yogurt is ok. That's an exception to the no sugar rule because as far as I'm aware there are no sugar free, full fat yogurts available and yogurt is such an excellent food on LE Diet (both regular and the alternate diets).

4-5% fat is considered full fat yogurt. The 10% ones are made for keto dieters who are trying to get massive amounts of fat.

Use whichever option will fulfill dietary needs for you best. Most will do the type with the 4-5% fat.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayla View Post
    Is honey also forbidden in Pcos diet ?
    While a small amount of honey (or sugar for that matter) now and then is ok on the alternate diet, yes, it is considered the same category as sugar because it is made up OF sugar and in fact has 17 g sugar in 1 tablespoon!

7. Likes Nayla liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The "No Sugar" I'm talking about are people who either think "the alternate diets are so healthy, I"m going to do the standard diet anyway" and are then living on Pop Tarts and gummy worms or "I can't live without sugar, I'm still going to eat a candy bar and drink pop every day, surely it can't hurt because atomic is being overly conservative here" and while I completely understand the latter position entirely, the truth is that this one issue has been a commonality between several failed sways this year, so I needed to warn everyone about it.

Sugar in yogurt is ok. That's an exception to the no sugar rule because as far as I'm aware there are no sugar free, full fat yogurts available and yogurt is such an excellent food on LE Diet (both regular and the alternate diets).

4-5% fat is considered full fat yogurt. The 10% ones are made for keto dieters who are trying to get massive amounts of fat.

Use whichever option will fulfill dietary needs for you best. Most will do the type with the 4-5% fat.
    Thanks for your reply! I Always doubt About everything ��
    I just want to be sure that everything is clear to me before i start swaying so i don’t have to worry when i actually start Swaying. The less stress the better i guess ��

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep totally! Glad to help!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was just wondering about sugar. So, do I understand correctly, that sugar in "normal" food is allowed? Stuff like ketchup and jam would be allowed (in normal or smalk amounts?)
    What about fruit?
    And I guess bakery goods would be a cheat?
    Thank you in advance. I would like to cut down on sugar, I just don't know what would still be allowed.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Within reason, yes, ketchup and jam are allowed for most people. If a person has severe PCOS, though, they might want to limit even those things especially if they've had a failed sway while eating them.

Bakery goods made from WHITE flour and/or containing much sugar is a cheat. (cookies, cakes, etc, and white bread)

Fresh fruit, vegetables, whole grains are allowed within the limits. Small amounts of jelly or sauce with some sugar in it is ok, sweetened yogurt is ok.

Just understand there is a LOT of wiggle room between eating Pop Tarts and gummy worms and cutting out all sources of sugar even ketchup. Neither extreme is necessary or good!

13. Thanks Lailanela thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post

Actually there are! Dannon, Stonyfield, Siggis and Organic Valley all make full fat yogurt without added sugar. Of course they do have naturally occurring sugar but it's all from the lactose. I used to eat the Organic Valley brand and it's really good.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

15. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast