Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

positive solid smiley

hi
    So do you do one attempt at solid smiley? Or flashing smiley? I ovulated last time day after positive solid smiley. Afraid thstvsttempy dat before ovulation is boy friendly?

also attempt every 4 days.. is that say did Monday then friday then tuesday then Friday?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on what you want from your sway.

If you want timing, you would BD at the second flashy (but this is very low odds of conception, and you can get many days of flashy or go straight to solid with NO flashies) Plus, timing doesn't work and has been totally debunked (so it's fine to have attempt the day before ovulation.) and you can read the case against timing here: The TROUBLE with timing!

If you are ok giving up timing, we have found one attempt is what actually works. We have one attempt at positive OPK jsut because it's an easy way to have one attempt at a point in the cycle where it's fairly easy to get pregnant with one attempt. But the important thing is the one attempt, not anything else.

Most people want to start off doing one attempt. E4d method is generally done by people who have tried with one attempt and didn't get pregnant.

If you want to try e4d, you can do it in either the every 72 pattern or every 96 pattern (it doesn't need to be specifically to the hour, that's just how u count the days) so either Mon/Fri (96) or Tue/Fri (72). Every 72 hours is better chance conception, possibly lower chance of pink, and every 96 hours is lower chance of conception but possibly better chance of pink. Start the e4d after your period ends and carry on till you're sure you've ovulated even if it means going all the way till your next period begins.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much. How many months should you do the one attempt with positive solid smile face? It says when a solid smile you will ovulate within 2 days. Can u have coffee with a little milk between meals? Can you have chocolate if it is during a meal instead of a snack? Also with exercise.. is walking enough about 60mins 4 times a week enough? Just hard to do with a toddler. Sorry for typing mistakes..is the exercise very important? I run after toddler all day

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also sorry when I had a boy I bd on flashing smile face and then on solid smiley. Would the sperm from 1st attempt not have fertilised egg? Why does it matter if multiple attempts? Would the 1st time you try not fertilise the egg before the other attempts

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last question.. If positive smile face have sex that day as 1 attempt but then should I bd every 4 days after this as well into the next month? It just to period comes..then wait until positive smile face the next month and then every 4 days again.
    Or for first few months do you just attempt on positive smile face and no attempts rest of month?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by emz88 View Post
    Thanks so much. How many months should you do the one attempt with positive solid smile face? It says when a solid smile you will ovulate within 2 days. Can u have coffee with a little milk between meals? Can you have chocolate if it is during a meal instead of a snack? Also with exercise.. is walking enough about 60mins 4 times a week enough? Just hard to do with a toddler. Sorry for typing mistakes..is the exercise very important? I run after toddler all day
    It depends on what you want to do. Some people want to try a long time before compromising their sway at all. Others are in a bigger hurry to get pregnant. It's not something I can give you a hard number on since it's your priorities that matter the most.

Yes, coffee between meals is fine.

Chocolate with a meal (especially milk and white choc) is ok with the exception of those on the alternate diets due to PCOS, insulin resistance, being an older mom with concerns about egg quality, and with 50+ lbs to spare.

We have had good results with anything 4 days a week or more, but I have higher faith in 6-7 days per week exercise. I understand it's hard to do with a toddler so if you can only get to 4 days a week, that's fine.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also sorry when I had a boy I bd on flashing smile face and then on solid smiley. Would the sperm from 1st attempt not have fertilised egg? Why does it matter if multiple attempts? Would the 1st time you try not fertilise the egg before the other attempts
    If you have two attempts that are deposited BEFORE the egg was released, but soon enough so they both could have lived and had enough , then they both have a chance at the egg.

The only time when the first time will fertilize the egg is when the second batch arrives late, right as the egg has been released. The second batch of sperm will not have had time to capacitate and make it to the egg, leaving the first batch to fertilize it.

But two attempts before the egg shows up will give plenty of time for the second batch of sperm to join the first batch and wait for the egg.

We do not know why one attempt works. We just know based on our results, that people who had one attempt were much more successful than those who had 2 or especially 3. When we figured that out and changed it, our results improved dramatically and have stayed up ever since.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last question.. If positive smile face have sex that day as 1 attempt but then should I bd every 4 days after this as well into the next month? It just to period comes..then wait until positive smile face the next month and then every 4 days again.
    Or for first few months do you just attempt on positive smile face and no attempts rest of month?
    Again, this is at your discretion. I have a lot of people start off with this method - one attempt at positive OPK, and then e4d after that in case of delayed ovulation (delayed ovulation being far more common than early ovulation). I am fine with you starting off with that, it's totally up to you. We've gotten pretty good results with e4d so while I do still recommend starting off with one attempt, I have nowhere near the concerns I once did that e4d might be less good, it's gotten good results.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How many months would u recommend on 1st attempt only? Then when should u do it every 4 days? In the every 4 days one do u not need to do ovulation tests? Or still do ovulation test and wait for solid smiley and then every 4 days?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please let me know when u have time x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast