Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It's believed to be ok to BF when taking Clomid but you have to be sure to wait till your body is ready, willing, and able to ovulate. If you take it at say 2-3 months postpartum (which I would not recommend when breastfeeding in case there is anything that comes out in the milk that affects a smaller baby disproportionately, wait till baby is 6-9 months please) your body probably just won't respond to it, particularly if you're breastfeeding. You have to wait till your body is hormonally in a place it can even respond to the Clomid or it will just sit there and do nothing, or maybe even cause an ovarian cyst which can take 2-3 months to resolve and make you take even longer to TTC.
    Thank you very much! We will wait until the baby is about 8-9 month at least, or even maybe until his birthday depending on how demanding he is or if my period is not back... who knows... i might want to get my tubes tied in a month time

Enviado desde mi SM-G965F mediante Tapatalk
    Jan 2016
    Dec 2017
    April 2020

Hoping to sway for a at the end of 2020 - start 2021

2. Likes atomic sagebrush, MrsEnglish liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Racking my brains about what AI stands for?? Think I should know this as I’ve been on this site for years... it’s annoying me as I’m sure I know but can’t think haha.

Congrats on your pregnancy and good luck for pink

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Artificial insemination? It’s the first time I hear on this site that it’s a punk sway tactic though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulila View Post
    Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm sure whatever the outcome is you'll be happy, but lots of pink dust to you!

How old was your baby when you took the clomid? Did you notice any difference in breastfeeding taking it? I'm waiting for DS#3 to be born in 2 weeks and we're planning to sway (we never have before - both ds2 and ds3 have been faster than our plans ) at the end of the year and I got some clomid for swaying purposes but I don't find many people bf using it.

Enviado desde mi SM-G965F mediante Tapatalk
    My baby was 7 months old when I started (I said I don't like waiting!). The first two months I took Clomid there was a little if any decrease in breastfeeding. After two months I ran out of Clomid but ovulated naturally, and it was then that there was a big decrease in breastfeeding.
    born 2017 after girl sway: AI + Clomid
    born 2019 after girl sway. : AI + j&d (no Clomid)
    Due #3 Nov 2020: AI + breastfeeding

6. Likes Lulila liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4blue2pink View Post
    i'll look forward to seeing an update from you keeping everything crossed for pink!! how is your dh finding having a son? i remember your older posts.. i hope he is enjoying him
    Very very well! DH wasn't against having a son per se, he was just very nervous that a son would have Autism like his brother who has severe Autism (of course a daughter could too, but less likely). So that's totally understandable, but DS is very social so we have no worries! Also DH has height insecurities (he's short) and I don't despite also being very short, so we figured a girl would be better able to deal with the shortness they would probably inherit from us. DH and I are both in the lowest 5% of height for our gender, and so far both DD and DS have been 20-25%, which is short bit not unusually so which is what we hoped for for a son.

Actually the Autism worry is part of why we are having the kids so close together -- risk goes up with parents' age and we are both already early 30s.

It's funny because before DH and I were married, we were supposed to fill out this compatibility survey then go to one session of premarital counseling, but we ended up filling out the survey, going over it together and skipping out on the counseling. One of the questions was "how many kids do you want to have?" And I wrote 3-4, and DH wrote 2-3, and we never actually discussed it, we just saw we had a middle ground and moved on.

8. Likes 4blue2pink liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsEnglish View Post
    Very very well! DH wasn't against having a son per se, he was just very nervous that a son would have Autism like his brother who has severe Autism (of course a daughter could too, but less likely). So that's totally understandable, but DS is very social so we have no worries! Also DH has height insecurities (he's short) and I don't despite also being very short, so we figured a girl would be better able to deal with the shortness they would probably inherit from us. DH and I are both in the lowest 5% of height for our gender, and so far both DD and DS have been 20-25%, which is short bit not unusually so which is what we hoped for for a son.

Actually the Autism worry is part of why we are having the kids so close together -- risk goes up with parents' age and we are both already early 30s.

It's funny because before DH and I were married, we were supposed to fill out this compatibility survey then go to one session of premarital counseling, but we ended up filling out the survey, going over it together and skipping out on the counseling. One of the questions was "how many kids do you want to have?" And I wrote 3-4, and DH wrote 2-3, and we never actually discussed it, we just saw we had a middle ground and moved on.
    Im so glad to hear he is enjoying him his fears are totally understandable after what he went through with his brother. Thats great that you both always had the middle ground of 3 kids, do you think this is your last or would your dh be open to #4?
    I love small age gaps! our biggest gap is 19 months all the rest fall between 13-17 months apart and i wouldnt change it for anything.
    now 6blue5pink

10. Likes MrsEnglish liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4blue2pink View Post
    Im so glad to hear he is enjoying him his fears are totally understandable after what he went through with his brother. Thats great that you both always had the middle ground of 3 kids, do you think this is your last or would your dh be open to #4?
    I love small age gaps! our biggest gap is 19 months all the rest fall between 13-17 months apart and i wouldnt change it for anything.
    I think if this is a girl there and everything is good with her, there is a better chance that he'd be willing to try for a fourth.

12. Likes atomic sagebrush, 4blue2pink liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdtimelucky01 View Post
    Artificial insemination? It’s the first time I hear on this site that it’s a punk sway tactic though!

Artificial insemination. It might sound weird but it's super easy actually. Some women know that their husbands have really high sperm counts, which sways boy, and use AI to only insert like half the semen and thus lower sperm count that way. I have always put as much as I could back in though, but of course a little is still lost in the cup and syringe.

I think a lot of women don't use AI because their husbands won't agree to it, but swaying girl was actually DH's idea so he's totally cool with it. I don't tell anyone in real life that I use this technique or even that I try to sway girl.

14. Thanks Thirdtimelucky01 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdtimelucky01 View Post

Well, that's because most of the people who do it take many months if not longer to conceive, and their husbands get super annoyed with the whole routine. It has caused by far and away more trouble than it's worth, including one couple getting a divorce.

THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO SHOULD BE USING AI AS A SWAY TACTIC ARE THOSE WHO NEED IT TO CONCEIVE.

I hope it is glaringly obvious that if there is any sway tactic out there that I think is good for the mass of people, I would certainly tell you all about it constantly. I don't sit on good sway tactics. I share them with you.

If you'd like to read the essay I have about using artificial insemination methods and why not to, you can find that here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...r-swaying.html (please note, I wrote this essay in April of 2011, so it's certainly not a secret I am keeping. I don't push AI because I don't think it's a viable method for anyone who doesn't need it to conceive.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

16. Likes Thirdtimelucky01 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsEnglish View Post
    Artificial insemination. It might sound weird but it's super easy actually. Some women know that their husbands have really high sperm counts, which sways boy, and use AI to only insert like half the semen and thus lower sperm count that way. I have always put as much as I could back in though, but of course a little is still lost in the cup and syringe.

I think a lot of women don't use AI because their husbands won't agree to it, but swaying girl was actually DH's idea so he's totally cool with it. I don't tell anyone in real life that I use this technique or even that I try to sway girl.
    I have seen disaster after disaster with doing TBM type stuff. Not only with the husbands, not only with the lowered chance of conception, but with the women getting super control freakish about it. It is not a good method for those who don't need it and that is why I don't recommend it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12