Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have reason to believe you're low in any nutrients??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I honestly have no idea. I know my iron is ok as I had an infusion 6 months ago and was just retested but other than that its guess work.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    how long have you been eating 1300-1400 cals?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's basically my normal diet, just with a lot of "cheat" days thrown in.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I doubt you're going to be low in anything, but if you're concerned you can always add in the lowest dose B12 you can find 1x a week, 400 IU Vit D 2x a week, 8-15 mg zinc 3x a week, 18-60 mg iron 3x a week, Iodine 150 IU (only if you don't have thyroid issues) daily

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mavandi, Have you ever had detailed DNA testing done? Beyond what they do at the RE?

I had typical testing done at the RE (twice actually) and never was it mentioned I had an MTHFR mutation. Then I had my psychiatrist do in depth DNA testing because numerous antidepressants had not worked for me. Turns out, I had an MTHFR mutation that makes it where my body only methylates Folate at about 30 percent of normal. This is a VERY big deal for depression. I was put on Deplin (already methylated folate that is a medical food) and my depression has improved dramatically. Additionally, my cycles have gotten much more regular. I have gone from having a 3-9 day LP to consistently having a 13-14 day LP. My O day has also moved up from day 18-30 to almost always being on day 13 or 14. This leads me to believe there was something directly related to the lack of folate/folic acid that was affecting my cycle. No clue if that is your situation, but could be.

I also know that some women just implant earlier. I got both of my BFPs on DPO 9 which means they implanted around day 6-7 post O which is very early. In one study, the average was closer to 8-11. Perhaps you also are simply an early implanter.

I do not think having quality problems in IVF necessarily means you have them through natural conception. Sometimes this can be the result of a high dose of meds.

Also, I had an RE with the theory that if you had a strong O, it would fix any LP problems. Don't know if that is true or not.

I take CoQ10 and Baby Aspirin for egg quality. I was taking Vitamin D, too, but now reading that may sway blue. My RE has every patient take those three things. The BA also helps prevent pree and I had pre-e and iugr with my first. Took it with my second and went off at 35 weeks (because it thins blood so you don't want thin blood at delivery) and my BP started rising and I started having pree type symptoms. Fortunately, my water broke and I had the baby at 38.5 before it became an issue again. Remarkably, my first OB knew NOTHING about the BA/pree issue until I showed her the research. My second OB (changed to have a vbac) was aware of the issue. BA has been studied in something akin to 35,000 women and is safe in pregnancy so long as you go off of it before delivery.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Mavindi thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is great info and I don't mean to quibble, but some evidence has shown that baby aspirin for many women may actually cause more harm than good (causing some people's blood to become too thin and triggering subchorionic hemorrhage and it also may interfere with prostaglandins and prevent implantation for some people). I don't want anyone just taking baby aspirin without a medical history that indicates it would be beneficial for them. (Preeclampsia and MTHFR mutations are definitely valid reasons to be taking baby aspirin) Please everyone consult with your doctor before taking baby aspirin, as it may not be safe for you.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the reply ElizaB. I haven't actually had alot of testing done but it's funny you mention mthfr as when I was seeing a naturopath she said alot of symptoms I was having she would relate to a mthfr defect. I'm on a methyl B complex supp at the Moment, it has 400mcg levomedolic acid in it which I think is what you are taking or similar? I feel like theres something big I'm obviously missing but noone has ever been keen to look into it! I've also started taking ubiquinol to see if that nay help quality. I think mine all comes down to Hashimotos and low progesterone but as to why its low I do not know!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as you're taking the methylfolate then it should be ok, but some people do have more severe clotting disorders and may actually need injections to achieve pregnancy.

If you have a clotting disorder ubiquinol may be worse than nothing because it can make some people's blood clot more easily.

I would suggest getting tested before continuing the ubiquinol.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic, I'm pretty sure I would be ok as I've had 2 pregnancies with no mention of any issues about clotting so hopefully in the clear

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12