Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Infertility and Swaying Girl

Anyone have any tips for swaying when already struggling to conceive? I have luteal defect likely from egg quality issues so I'm sure I need to be on some supplements to help that and I dont think I will be helped by being on the LE diet. Basically what would people say are the most important factors I could include? I will be on clomid and eat reasonably LE style already but think it might be part of why I cant conceive. My bmi is around 19. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have a different version of LE Diet that is better for fertility. It's here, 5 from the top, called "atomic fertility diet". (even though the first few posts are for PCOSers the diet you should follow is in this thread, just scroll down a bit.)

Can you please explain what you mean by "luteal phase defect from egg quality issues"? These two things are not directly linked so if you've been given bad information I want to help explain that. Some people have both of these issues, and others have one or the other.

The atomic fertility diet will be better for egg quality and your luteal phase. I strongly urge you not to be following a very high carb, low fat low protein diet and thinking "this is like LE so it must be good" because for many people, the standard LE Diet will be worse for egg quality and if your short LP is caused by PCOS it might even sway blue for you. For people with PCOS eating a lot of carbs can raise blood sugar and testosterone.

Before we go any further any more info you can give me will really help. I have some supplements I can suggest, but I need to know more about your short LP and possible egg quality issues before I do that (so I don't make the wrong recommendation)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have a different version of LE Diet that is better for fertility. It's here, 5 from the top, called "atomic fertility diet". (even though the first few posts are for PCOSers the diet you should follow is in this thread, just scroll down a bit.)

Can you please explain what you mean by "luteal phase defect from egg quality issues"? These two things are not directly linked so if you've been given bad information I want to help explain that. Some people have both of these issues, and others have one or the other.

The atomic fertility diet will be better for egg quality and your luteal phase. I strongly urge you not to be following a very high carb, low fat low protein diet and thinking "this is like LE so it must be good" because for many people, the standard LE Diet will be worse for egg quality and if your short LP is caused by PCOS it might even sway blue for you. For people with PCOS eating a lot of carbs can raise blood sugar and testosterone.

Before we go any further any more info you can give me will really help. I have some supplements I can suggest, but I need to know more about your short LP and possible egg quality issues before I do that (so I don't make the wrong recommendation)

4. Thanks Mavindi thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic, I did see the PCOS diet and wonder if that may be better.
    I dont have PCOS i have had years of investigations etc that resulted in my 2013 Clomid son and 2016 ICSI daughter. It was during IVF they said I had egg quality issues but at that time I was on LE diet and had taken it way too far and was underweight so that may have impacted it also. I've always had the luteal defect issue, my lp is 8 days. On 7dpo progesterome is ok just a little on lower end then next day it plummets and my af arrives. I've tried biodentical cream and managed to lengthen it a little but it causes horrific periods and weight gain so I'm cautious to try again.
    Any thing you can recommend would be really great

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh no I forgot to post the link!! Sorry it's here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...rt-3-pcos.html I don't want you on the PCOS Diet, I want you on the AFD five posts from the top. https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...rt-3-pcos.html For now I think we should have you follow the variation of LE Diet for people who may go high tech as that's a good solid fertility friendly diet.

This diet will be wayyy better for your egg quality and hopefully we may even see your LP lengthen a little.

If you don't mind, can you tell me your BMI?? (fine to message me if you prefer) my recommendations will vary on that basis.

I actually don't think progesterone is your problem. At about 7 DPO the corpus luteum starts to break down and you're meant to release a surge of estrogen that keeps it, and your lining, going a bit longer. So the way you describe everything getting to 7 DPO and seeming fine only to fall apart the next day makes me think this is low estrogen, probably due to a very low fat diet, but sometimes it's more complicated than that.

Are you taking any supplements already??

Regardless I'd def. have you add in 400 mg coq10 in the ubiquinol form.

7. Thanks Mavindi thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah that makes sense about the estrogen, interesting! Although my response to clomid last month was an even shorter lp and I thought clomid worked on estrogen? Thanks for that link, that makes more sense than what I was reading!
    My bmi is 19.5, I have been this weight for quite a few years now and Im not currently on any supplements at all but have been thinking of at least starting coq10.
    Thank you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A lot of people (particularly those with low estrogen to start with) get even lower estrogen on Clomid and have freakishly short LP. Exactly what I would expect if your estrogen is low. Clomid, because it blocks estrogen, then "encourages" the body to make a whole lot of estrogen. But if you don't have the raw materials to do that (which it is sounding to me like you don't) you'll not be able to make that estrogen rapidly, and the Clomid will then either fail to make you ovulate, or you'll ovulate but then have a short LP.

I actually suspect that your problem is not eating enough calories/fat and being too low in weight. Can you give me an estimate about the amount of fat and calories you're eating?

The coq10 will lower blood sugar. While this is good for swaying pink, I am worried that your blood sugar is already plenty low and lowering it more will make matters worse.

DO NOT take anything like cinnamon, fiber, or myoinositol. These are not appropriate for you.

10. Thanks Mavindi thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for that info Atomic, first time anyone has actually made sense, I'm usually put in the too hard basket.

Calories I'd say I eat around 13/1400 on a usual day. I'm not tracking because last time i became obsessed and restricted too much so I'm just trying to reduce this time around. A usual day is 3 meals, 1piece toast for first meal, lunch is usually something like a vegetable fritter with some cheese, salad and piece of bread or 2 eggs with rice cakes or left over veggie stir fry. Dinner is mostly vegetarian, a curry or stirfry with rice or a risotto/pasta. I am still snacking sometimes which can be fruit or rice crackers and cant kick my chocolate addiction so usually some of that too.
    I had my estrogen tested about a year ago but that was mid cycle and it was reasonably high but I'm guessing that may not have anything to do with the luteal phase level? Would it be worth ordering my own test say 7dpo to see what's up?
    Thanks again
    Last edited by Mavindi; March 8th, 2020 at 05:59 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. Well straight off that's not the amount of cals I like to see 98% of people at. I prefer 1500-1800 cals for most people.
    And I can't even be sure that's how many calories you're actually eating, because we do not count low carb vegetables at all, and we don't count protein and fat in fruits and vegetables. So my fear is that you're eating less than you realize.

The reason I have you guys count is actually to prevent you from getting too restrictive. I find that many times people who are not counting "just cutting back" are actually over the course of time cutting back more and more. So while I am ok with you not counting over the course of time, you may want to do a tally to see how much you're really eating, not counting the protein and fat in fruit and veg, and NOTHING in low carb veg (not even calories)

I want you to add in a serving of full fat dairy every day (which if you're eating 1400 cals now, this will put you up in a better range for cals as well) to hopefully ensure you're getting adequate fat and aim at having 6 eggs a week.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks Atomic, I think I'll start tracking and see where I'm actually at. So would you recommend any other supplements other than ubiquinol? I'm worried about becoming too boy friendly if I add in the wrong things!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast