Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Attempting ttc a girl this year

Ok so where do I start with a girl attempt this time
    I have 2 boys currently. Both were attempted around positive opk solid smiley day or strong dark lines on the wands
    My first pregnancy we just DTD a lot and got pregnant first month of trying
    Second pregnancy took us 7 months
    We tried antihistamines to ovulation. Used replens/rephresh. The month I did conceive we DTD once with the positive opk and then once after. We abstained in the lead up to ovulation. Exercise was walking mostly and one pilates class a week. I skip breakfast most days always. Almost exclusively vegetarian diet but will eat chicken.

What would be a few good things to try with timings and attempts or supplements. IÂ’m so confused by what works or doesnÂ’t anymore from reading these threads and whether diet is the thing to do or not. I donÂ’t want to go to hardcore with it if I donÂ’t have too because I feel like this will just become too hard and too obsessive so I want to see what small changes I could implement and maybe see about fixing and understanding timings with the opk a little more. In aus so IÂ’m wondering the best opk to loook at getting and what to follow

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Antihistamine, the jellies like RepHresh and Replens, and abstain don't work.

What we have had good results with is LE Diet 12 weeks or more plus fiber, coffee, and alcohol (and giving up highly fortified foods like power bars and meal replacer shakes, multivitamins, and probiotics), cardio exercise 60 minutes a day, 4-7 days a week, one attempt, and Clomid or Femara if you can get them.

What hubby does does not appear to matter very much, but in studies, jogging/biking and smoking seemed to help sway pink. We also use Olive Leaf Extract (500-1000 mg) and soy milk for hubbies, although we are not sure if they work. Most people have their husbands give up multivitamins and some take fiber.

If you want to do exclusively small things then follow a vegetarian diet, skip breakfast and snacks, exercise 4 days a week, one attempt, and then Clomid or Femara if you can get them, because they're easy to do.

Timing doesn't work, it doesn't sway at all and has been as debunked as it's possible for something in science to BE debunked. While it's fine if you want to try it, don't count on it to actually work. the stuff I list above is what is actually the effective sway tactics. Let me know when you have questions, it's what I'm here for.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Antihistamine, the jellies like RepHresh and Replens, and abstain don't work.

What we have had good results with is LE Diet 12 weeks or more plus fiber, coffee, and alcohol (and giving up highly fortified foods like power bars and meal replacer shakes, multivitamins, and probiotics), cardio exercise 60 minutes a day, 4-7 days a week, one attempt, and Clomid or Femara if you can get them.

What hubby does does not appear to matter very much, but in studies, jogging/biking and smoking seemed to help sway pink. We also use Olive Leaf Extract (500-1000 mg) and soy milk for hubbies, although we are not sure if they work. Most people have their husbands give up multivitamins and some take fiber.

If you want to do exclusively small things then follow a vegetarian diet, skip breakfast and snacks, exercise 4 days a week, one attempt, and then Clomid or Femara if you can get them, because they're easy to do.

Timing doesn't work, it doesn't sway at all and has been as debunked as it's possible for something in science to BE debunked. While it's fine if you want to try it, don't count on it to actually work. the stuff I list above is what is actually the effective sway tactics. Let me know when you have questions, it's what I'm here for.
    Thanks for the response

I can definelty be exclusively vegetarian very easily. I do skip breakfast and not eat generally until 11/12pm. With exercise can it be pilates or does it have to be cardio?
    And the one attempt is that just from the positive solid smiley face or in the window of peak says?

Do you have advice on the fiber intake? I can do this easily. I’m tempted to do the diet but but more just yet how it would work for our situation so want to research that a bit more too. And I can continue to have coffee and alcohol or is that a no?
    I’m not thinking about starting any attempts until second half of the year anyway but just want to prepare if I can. If I do decide to do the LE diet do I complete it for 12 weeks before first attempt? And then do I keep going each month after if unsuccessful or do you find it better to stop once u start ttc?
    I don’t like my odds with getting clomid/femera but I can try. I just don’t think I’d qualify to get the script

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there any updates to the LE diet if i want to give thatÂ’s a go or is that forum homepage still the latest advice for that?

And IÂ’d abstain isnÂ’t an issue anymore. Can we or should we worry about dtd in the lead up? Or should we just aim for one attempt and wait til after ovulation to do again? Or do we just use protection for other times

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also I will either need to continue my iron supplements or get another infusion? Is this something that could create an issue or am I better trying to maintain levels? The le diet might not help with the already low levels. And the vitamin d I need to take as well? Is it betTer to have the infusion and have normal levels or keep with the tablets and slowly increasing iron?
    And so you suggest not taking any pre natals before? Or even just plain folate? Wait til we get the bfp to start them?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So a few more questions if you don’t mind helping me out

Think I’m going to start the diet in the next month and give it a go for 3 months before starting ttc

So I have been tracking my food intake as I was curious as to what I was doing
    I mostly have 1500 on a normal day. But obviously enjoy some wine and a good take away dinner so will have a higher amount those days

So I was to do this would u suggest staying at the 1500 or dropping? I do pilates reformer a few times a week if I can.
    So should I keep that up or switch to cardio only exercises? And how many times

Can I take the fiber as pills? And just with my meals?
    Coffee - is there a daily limit and for coffee with milk is this ok? Or almond milk?

I may stilll need to do my iron tablets. But I’m also being told to take vitamin d supplements as I’m too low? What should I do with this?

Then the last question - when do we attempt in the cycle? And just the once or does that not matter so much now that timings been kind of debunked too?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the overload of questions. I just want to give this a red hot go if I can because this is the last chance ttc

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kstan15 View Post
    Also I will either need to continue my iron supplements or get another infusion? Is this something that could create an issue or am I better trying to maintain levels? The le diet might not help with the already low levels. And the vitamin d I need to take as well? Is it betTer to have the infusion and have normal levels or keep with the tablets and slowly increasing iron?
    And so you suggest not taking any pre natals before? Or even just plain folate? Wait til we get the bfp to start them?
    Agh I'm sorry something must have happened and I accidentally shut the window without replying. I will answer all questions asked so if I don't answer in a reasonable time, please bump your post by writing the word "bump" in a reply!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want you guys to ALL take folate or folic acid 1200-1600 mcg daily thru the entire first trimester of pregnancy, then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then you can drop them.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Calories - I like most people at 1500-1800 cals a day. Very few people (usually people who are very petite) will need to eat more like 1200-1500

I prefer to see you guys do cardio only.

Fiber - pills are fine, with any meal containing fat. If you're not eating fat don't take the fiber, and also don't take the fiber at the same time as your Vit D as it will mess up absorption.

I prefer you guys stick to 3 cups if you're not used to coffee and up to 5 if you are, but don't go overboard with this.

Milk is fine in coffee. Just not real sugar, unless you're having it with a meal. Sugar needs to be with meals only, not in between.

Most of us are having our one attempt at first positive OPK. Timing doesn't sway but one attempt seems to so we have the attempt then because it's a good time to conceive with one attempt.

Please don't apologize, answering questions is what I'm here for and I'm so sorry I messed up your last question!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you for the reply!!

So how do I make sure my potassium levels are ok. I’ve been logging all my food intake now for a bit longer. Food seems to be around 1500 everyday. But my potassium is always zero! I know I must get some from foods but what can I do to make sure it’s not too low? I hate bananas!! So there’s that!! Ha!
    I do eat broccoli and spinach so I know i’m getting some from that too!
    I’m an annoying fussy eater too! So just want to make sure I can tweak it for what I need.
    Typically say a lunch would be carrot sticks, celery, cheese sticks and either plain rice with cashews or some plain crackers to go with that. Maybe tuna? But I can drop that.
    Dinners could be Indian curry with rice (veg or chicken), spaghetti pesto or spaghetti with greens, Mexican vegemite wraps with rice or just with vegetables. Falafels. Cous cous salada’s
    We eat lots of broccoli celert spinach carrots zucchini and cucumber and lettuce
    I don’t typically eat any fruit at all. Snacks I also don’t do but will have a bit of chocolate or a biscuit or two with a cup of tea or coffee if I feel like. I skip breakfast and will have a morning coffee or two. I need to drop out cups of tea is that still correct?
    And is it correct that there’s no foods to avoid in particular? I’m going to go full vegetarian and drop out chicken. I already don’t do red meat.

And with the one attempt thing. I want to try and track it a bit before we attempt ttc. Is it own attempt feom first positive day Of peaks on the digital or when u get the solid smiley face? or just some time in that window is preferred?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast